Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2024, 12:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda Elevate Apex Edition launched at Rs 12.86 lakh

Honda has launched a new special edition of the Elevate called the Apex Edition this festive season. The Elevate Apex edition is available in four variants with prices starting at Rs 12.86 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Honda Elevate Apex Edition launched at Rs 12.86 lakh-honda-cars-india-introduces-new-apex-edition-honda-elevate-festive-season.jpg

The Apex edition is based on the V and VX variants of the Elevate. On the outside, the special edition gets piano black exterior add-ons and Apex edition badges. Inside, the SUV gets a dual-tone interior in Ivory and black, leatherette trim, 7-colour ambient lighting and Apex Edition Signature seat covers and cushions.

Honda Elevate Apex Edition launched at Rs 12.86 lakh-honda-elevate-apex-edition-interior.jpg

The Elevate Apex edition is available with a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine producing 119 BHP @ 6,600 rpm and 145 Nm @ 4,300 rpm. It is mated with either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed CVT.

Honda Elevate Apex edition ex-showroom prices:

• V MT – Rs 12.86 lakh
  • V CVT – Rs 13.86 lakh
  • VX MT – Rs 14.25 lakh
  • VX CVT – Rs 15.25 lakh

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 16th September 2024 at 12:38.
TusharK is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 13:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Apex Edition launched at Rs 12.86 lakh

Elevate V CVT is Rs.13.52 lakh ex-showroom and Elevate Apex Edition V CVT is Rs 13.86 lakh.

Is it worth paying Rs.34000 extra for leatherette seats in a different color, ambient lighting and few little things which don't matter to most people?

They should match V variant of Elevate to V variant of Honda City (and all variants to variants match probably) if they really want to give something valuable to customers.

Actual difference will be more considering increased insurance, registration charges, etc.
mukeshgoel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 14:11   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

What's with the white interiors and manufacturers these days that too in a dusty climate like ours?

First Mahindra and now Honda. Hope this doesn't turn into a trend!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th September 2024 at 15:23. Reason: n > and. Please avoid using SMS lingo while posting on the forums.
ToThePoint is offline   (12) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 16th September 2024, 14:14   #4

I read somewhere that it’ll be available only with the VX/V variants but not with the ZX, that seems like a miss to me.

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th September 2024 at 14:27.
Old 16th September 2024, 14:14   #5
BHPian

I really hope Honda addresses the rear seat bump in the Elevate. When I visited the showroom, many were asking about the bump and how even a small child could sit comfortably in the middle seat. The sales guy tried to suggest it could be removed at an aftermarket shop but that’s hardly a satisfactory solution for a new car.

It’s baffling how they managed to design such an uncomfortable middle seat and even more surprising that it got approved, given Honda's "man maximum, machine minimum" philosophy.

Honda Elevate Apex Edition launched at Rs 12.86 lakh-honda_elevate_rear_seat.jpg
swoosh is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 14:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
What's with the white interiors and manufacturers these days that too in a dusty climate like ours?

First Mahindra n now Honda. Hope this doesn't turn into a trend!
I for one, absolutely love those white/ light color interiors. Brings that airy feeling in the cabin which day by day are becoming more claustrophobic.

Last edited by shashant : 16th September 2024 at 14:36.
shashant is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 15:41   #7

Looks like to Honda is planning to compete with VW on bringing out the most ludicrous 'editions' with minimal changes but hoping for some price premium and market traction.

Instead of this flimsy badging, Honda should immediately start working to release hybrid powertrains and add features to the Elevate which it desperately needs now

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th September 2024 at 15:42. Reason: Minor typo fix
oldcontessafan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 15:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Honda released a video of Elevate Apex Edition.

mukeshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 16:14   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Elevate V CVT is Rs.13.52 lakh ex-showroom and Elevate Apex Edition V CVT is Rs 13.86 lakh.

Is it worth paying Rs.34000 extra for leatherette seats in a different color, ambient lighting and few little things which don't matter to most people?.
As per Autocar Apex Edition is priced Rs 15,000 more than the trim it is based on.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Apex Edition launched at Rs 12.86 lakh-elevate-apex.png  

sarwahi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 16:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarwahi View Post
As per Autocar Apex Edition is priced Rs 15,000 more than the trim it is based on.
Difference is Rs.15,000 if Apex Edition is with "Reinforced Safety features" (not specified anywhere), else Rs.34,000.

It might be mentioned in their detailed press release.

If it is 15000 more, I think it is reasonable.

Honda Elevate Apex Edition launched at Rs 12.86 lakh-screenshot-396.png

Honda Elevate Apex Edition launched at Rs 12.86 lakh-screenshot-397.png
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 16:38   #11
BHPian

The word Apex means, "the highest position", and we all know its positioning in the segment. Honda seriously, Apex?

BTW, Love the white interior and the ambient lighting is complementing it very well. Honda should've offered white as well as brown interior from Day 1 itself, so that customers would've got a option to select from.

But hey, how are they going to launch special editions then?

Last edited by sharmanova : 16th September 2024 at 16:42.
Old 16th September 2024, 17:12   #12
BHPian

Wait, did Honda just add an adjustable headrest for the centre passenger? Might go unnoticed, but a good addition.
Also, from the video, it looks like the ambient lighting has been very well executed, doesn't look like an afterthought like the wireless charging port in the 5th gen FL City.

But what is with that fake exhaust!? Sorry to say, but it looks straight out of Karol bagh and it hurts my eyes
G13BB is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 21:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
I really hope Honda addresses the rear seat bump in the Elevate. When I visited the showroom, many were asking about the bump and how even a small child could sit comfortably in the middle seat. The sales guy tried to suggest it could be removed at an aftermarket shop but that’s hardly a satisfactory solution for a new car.

It’s baffling how they managed to design such an uncomfortable middle seat and even more surprising that it got approved, given Honda's "man maximum, machine minimum" philosophy.

Attachment 2655719
And ironically they have now added a middle passenger headrest at the rear! Safety reasons, i dont think so, Honda never takes a proactive approach in crash ratings etc, at least not in India.

Some cars are better off as 4 seaters owing to certain ergonomics. In many cars ( like my Jeep Compass ) the rear seats have a certain shape wherein the middle part curves inward almost suggesting that this is not a 5 seater. And Jeep did not bother with a middle head rest ever. Plus, this seat shape means that the other 2 passengers are seated comfortably with fantastic thigh support.

But here, Honda does neither, providing a raised section in the middle and then added a middle head rest! Maybe something to do with BNCAP ratings? Not sure though.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 21:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13BB View Post
Wait, did Honda just add an adjustable headrest for the centre passenger? Might go unnoticed, but a good addition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
And ironically they have now added a middle passenger headrest at the rear! Safety reasons, i dont think soMaybe something to do with BNCAP ratings? Not sure though.
I think so too. Not just the headrest but also a proper seat belt added for the center passenger. Looks like this is what they mean by the reinforced safety features..
starter is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 22:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
And ironically they have now added a middle passenger headrest at the rear! Safety reasons, i dont think so, Honda never takes a proactive approach in crash ratings etc, at least not in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
I think so too. Not just the headrest but also a proper seat belt added for the center passenger. Looks like this is what they mean by the reinforced safety features..
Quote:
Originally Posted by G13BB View Post
Happened in April. The new variants have an "R" suffix (R = Reinforced Safety). Related thread (Honda India adds new safety features to model range | City & Elevate get 6 airbags on all variants)

The three-point belt is a very strong indication of getting ready for NCAP testing.

What is surprising is that this Apex Edition does not have i-Size compliant labelling on its ISOFIX anchorages (the vanilla Elevate does). If GNCAP has considered this as the base variant then that makes it very hard for it to score 5 stars for child occupant protection, unless it manages no less than full points for crash dynamics.

The silver lining is that the latter itself is likely since Honda have finally made their new OEM i-Size child restraints available in India (on paper at least) as the official child restraints for the Elevate, making a rearward-facing position possible even for Group I children. That itself is a sign that NCAP testing has been kept in mind, unlike the City which is not i-Size compatible in India only, and endorses the older forward-facing Takata-built Honda ISOFIX Neo restraints (almost certainly not 5 stars COP in GNCAP).

Last edited by ron178 : 16th September 2024 at 22:17.
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks