Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 23:06   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Salesmen! They could mean all-terrain (AT ) or something of the like. BTW, if, in the rarest of chances, you do come across an automatic Scorpio for sale, I'd suggest you scoot as quickly as possible. It would only be an abused test mule.

Nope, Mahindra has yet to offer the automatic transmission on its Scorpio.
Thank you for your valuable comments and i do trust opinions of friends here more than any journalist , sales guys or the brochure . Incidentally the vehicle is till now available but to me it seems that its not yet on sale or may be a test mule as you said.
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:29   #62
BHPian

Here is an update on Scorpio AT - SLX.
The car is not available. The dealer said that company (M&M) person checked up yesterday the specification of the car as he didnt find it on the inventory list.

Ah! there you are- sadly- it was a DX 4X4 and not AT SLX.

God save M&M with such kind of car freaks and technical experts who dont know the difference between AT & 4X4.

Anyway now the dilemma is still there as Sameel said- Scorpio engine is better suited for Petes chip being a bosch engine as against Safari being Delphi and the rear ( last ) seat of Scorpio is better than Safari. This was confirmed by my wife and daughter. I in any case couldnt think of using rear seats of Safari as it was absolutely horrible to sit there as back of the head was hitting the plastic wall above the glass and couldnt even sit straight. I was looking at a 7 seater for a larger family but dont want to sacrifice my own comfort and need for speed.

Other than the rear jump seats including reaching there -for everything else, I found Safari better.
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Anyway now the dilemma is still there as Sameel said- Scorpio engine is better suited for Petes chip being a bosch engine as against Safari being Delphi and the rear ( last ) seat of Scorpio is better than Safari.
Eh?? AFAIK both engines were developed by AVL, Austria. How does Bosch or Delphi come on the picture? Or are you talking about the Engine Management?
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:11   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Eh?? AFAIK both engines were developed by AVL, Austria. How does Bosch or Delphi come on the picture? Or are you talking about the Engine Management?
Yes. Not the hardware alone- the management , chip- flash - roms and eproms that techies may talk about I guess. As per Sameel the sensors used in Safari is less than that in Scorpio and hence, Safari is not so much suitable for a Petes box.

More details here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/804849-post43.html
Old 19th June 2008, 13:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

bump: any news on the automatic scorpio yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks