Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2024, 14:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine M Sport Pro diesel launched at Rs 65 lakh

BMW has launched a new variant to its 3 Series Gran Limousine diesel lineup, in the form of the M Sport Pro edition.

The new BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine M Sport Pro diesel is priced at Rs 65 lakh (ex-showroom). Bookings for the new diesel variant have started, with deliveries expected to begin soon.

BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine M Sport Pro diesel launched at Rs 65 lakh-01-bmw-320ld-m-sport-pro.jpg

The M Sport Pro edition features a blacked-out kidney grille, adaptive LED headlights, Dark Shadow Metallic finish trim on the front bumper and a gloss black diffuser at the rear. The variant also comes with M-specific inserts on the key fob, M Door sill finishers and an M-specific aero package. The M Sport Pro variant will be offered with a choice of four colour options - Mineral White, Skyscraper Grey, Carbon Black and Portimao Blue.

BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine M Sport Pro diesel launched at Rs 65 lakh-02-bmw-320ld-m-sport-pro.jpg

Inside, the new diesel variant gets Anthracite headliner upholstery, BMW's 8.5 iDrive OS, curved display housing both the infotainment screen and the digital instrument cluster, wireless charging, panoramic sunroof, three-zone climate control and plenty of other additional features.

Underneath, the BMW 3 Series M Sport Pro is powered by the same 2.0-litre 4-cylinder diesel engine. It produces 188 BHP and 400 Nm and is paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 5th September 2024 at 15:01.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 15:07   #2
BHPian

Re: BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine M Sport Pro diesel launched at Rs 65 lakh

"BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine M Sport Pro diesel"

That's quite a sentence right there. Maybe they are trying to emulate Nissan's "caaarrr..." advertisements from earlier years but this time with just addition of nomenclature.

65L ex-showroom would mean around 77L in Bangalore. That's just absolutely mad given it's the lower end of the BMW line-up. Can't blame BMW though - the folks who have money are going to buy and there's nothing wrong is blinging one's life up. Just that folks aren't getting the value for that money is just us gearheads' opinion.
Mad Max is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 16:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

That's about 1.5L premium for Adaptive headlights, most other bits look similar to regular variant. On road price of 80.4L, add BRI/BSI worth few more lakhs and car will inch close to 85L mark. Discount these days are in tune of 3-5L, which makes the 3 series quite expensive!

BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine M Sport Pro diesel launched at Rs 65 lakh-bmw.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 18:42   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at the recent launches of the M sport pro on the 3 series, I would think it is much better to stretch another 7-9 lakhs and get the new generation 5 series (530 Li). It is a car from a higher segment, which is far more feature loaded and comfortable than this one. It is also one full generation ahead and comes with the latest BMW, interior and exterior design language– the current generation 3series was launched in 2019 while the new 5 series is launched this year i.e. 2024. both of these are long wheelbase versions primarily targeting Chauffeur driven owners. If you're going to be Chauffeur driven, you would be much much more comfortable in the five series LWB.
84.monsoon is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 20:08   #5
BHPian

I'm no expert in luxury cars but M340i is just another 7-8 lakhs away from this. I hope, people in this segment do not care about mileage to get the diesel engine. What could be the positioning of this offering? Even 5 series is closely priced to this.
Old 5th September 2024, 20:23   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
I'm no expert in luxury cars but M340i is just another 7-8 lakhs away from this. I hope, people in this segment do not care about mileage to get the diesel engine. What could be the positioning of this offering? Even 5 series is closely priced to this.
I have heard that the M340i has lower ground clearance and a stiffer suspension. So that's why people opt for the 330 Li, as it's priced lower and has a relatively softer suspension.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th September 2024 at 16:34. Reason: Typo
sharmanova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 21:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

For each their own, but I absolutely loved M Sport Pro. Though it was a stretch, I picked up a 330li M Sport Pro over Msport. The blackened elements, anthracite headliner etc. is giving a very sporty look. But agree the price difference shouldn’t have been 3 lakhs, but still after seeing M Sport Pro I couldn’t think about anything else.

On another note M340i is very tempting, but even I found it very low (though I prefer lower seating) and hence not practical especially when you have elderly at home.

On 530li, again I believe depends on the target customer. I was finding 330li itself bigger in size and hence even if I had the budget wouldn’t have picked 530i considering its more softer, heavier and hence slower.

I would have happily picked 330i if it was available, that’s the right size for me. In the absence of this, unfortunately there aren’t any options in that price range (atleast for me).

Last edited by sunikkat : 5th September 2024 at 21:18.
sunikkat is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 21:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Call it a pro max ultra whatever, at the end it’s just an overpriced 3 series at the end of a product cycle where it should be getting heavy discounts.
Cresterk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 00:28   #9
BHPian

I feel BMW should at least give better engine options when you're putting the M Badge on it. 80 lacs on road it is coming close to the 5 series. I suppose BMW is trying to divert its potential chauffeur driven customers towards the 5 series as it makes the latter VFM.
visionrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 09:38   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmanova View Post
as it's priced lower and has a relatively softer suspension.
And a lot more rear legroom! That's the main selling point of the Gran Limousine. For a regular family, the 3-Series LWB makes a lot more sense than the M340i because of the:

- Lower price

- Softer ride

- Noticeably more legroom

- Double the city fuel efficiency (these 4-pot diesels are efficient workhorses)
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 13:12   #11
BHPian

I am a bit confused with the name here, it's a mouthful but not in a good way. So now we have M Sport, M Sport Pro, M340i and the actual full fat M3, not even counting the non M Sport models here. I understand with M340i and the M3, but for a puny 20d - this is just M sport with additional kit which should have been standard anyway.

That's some brand dilution for sure and much more confusing for a layman.
turbowhistle is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks