Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2024, 14:40   #1
BHPian

Son uses Tata Safari as a weapon; crashes repeatedly into father's Toyota Fortuner

Just came across this news from Ambarnath.
Harrier driver goes on an Rampage against family in Fortuner. Many people hurt. Even a kid was caught in it, but luckily seemed alright.
I hope the culprit is put behind bars for a LONG time!

https://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/en...cee&ss=pd&sm=Y

Last edited by GTO : 22nd August 2024 at 09:15. Reason: Adding more videos :)
PrasadS is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 15:11   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Son uses Tata Safari as a weapon; crashes repeatedly into father's Toyota Fortuner

Just horrible.

Hope he is punished hard going by the evidence at hand. Guess if the airbags didn't go off, he would have reveresed and crashed again.

Pity that some comments/posts in social media are going by, " Much cheaper and stronger Safari causes damage to Fortuner. Guess the father should have also bought a strong car from TATA."
DicKy is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 17:14   #3
BHPian

re: Son uses Tata Safari as a weapon; crashes repeatedly into father's Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Just horrible.

Hope he is punished hard going by the evidence at hand. Guess if the airbags didn't go off, he would have reveresed and crashed again.

Pity that some comments/posts in social media are going by, " Much cheaper and stronger Safari causes damage to Fortuner. Guess the father should have also bought a strong car from TATA."
And that is the EQ of our common netizen. In the difficult time of a family, we Indian are only concerned about the structural strength of the vehicle. The father might be feeling low because of his son's action and here we are discussing the vehicle brands and their might. God save the coming generations.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st August 2024 at 18:36. Reason: Please capitalise *I* when referring to India / Indians. Thank You!
Dr.Abhi is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 17:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadS View Post
Just came across this news from Ambarnath.
Harrier driver goes on an Rampage against family in Fortuner. Many people hurt. Even a kid was caught in it, but luckily seemed alright.

https://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/en...cee&ss=pd&sm=Y
Very sad state of affairs. People like this will finish us off: As a nation. As a society. As humanity.
What examples are we setting for our children?
I hang my head in shame.
arjab is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 18:30   #5
BHPian

Quote:

That has been the state of the Indian automotive media whenever TATA is involved in an accident. The comments are filled with imbeciles who have zero clue about physics and the structure of the car. I personally think many of them are bots employed by the company itself to change the perception of the market about the brand.
Earthroamer is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 09:43   #6
BHPian

To the lawyers in the forum, can this be treated as “ attempt to murder “?
Sk8r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 09:56   #7
Team-BHP Support

Sad state of affairs and no thought of consequences.

If you notice, the airbags of the Harrier pop!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 10:03   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
To the lawyers in the forum, can this be treated as “ attempt to murder “?
Two people who were run over are in critical condition. 5 others have been injured.
As per the video evidence alone - every single action/manoeuvre was to eliminate/obliterate his enemies. Absolutely this will become a murder case if the Father's driver (fortuners driver) and 2 wheeler rider succumb to their injuries.

What is really sad is the father had come to solve a family dispute. The shocking thing is that the main accused (son) calmly walks away carrying the injured kid at the end of the video. This monster must be put behind bars for life.
John316_WRC is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 10:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:

When I first saw the news, the article stated "head on collision between a Safari and a Fortuner". I thought it was a fight between two drivers who were pushing each other
It's only going through details that I found case is totally different. The clickbait news articles are also to be blamed.

Last edited by SidTheChamp : 22nd August 2024 at 10:05. Reason: Minor changes
SidTheChamp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 11:02   #10
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
The shocking thing is that the main accused (son) calmly walks away carrying the injured kid at the end of the video.
I wonder how we have come to two different conclusions watching the video. The accused, thankfully, was concerned that the kid was injured and got out of the car to help pick up the child, at least that much decency was there. Such goons were always on the road. I have personally seen in the 90s people dashing their cars in anger. It is only thanks to CCTV and mobile phones that we get to see a lot more in action. On second thoughts, seeing no one else taking the kid from him, I wonder if it was his own kid????

Last edited by jomyboy : 22nd August 2024 at 11:04.
jomyboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 11:27   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomyboy View Post
On second thoughts, seeing no one else taking the kid from him, I wonder if it was his own kid????

Think so. Some of the other media reports say that Father came to help solve dispute between son and daughter in law. Son was not there, so father was taking daughter in law and grand kid to his home. Son chased the father's car and did what he did.

Even if he is showing decency to take the kid away, I personally don't have any sympathy for him. Father's car was carrying father, wife, his own child, brother and driver and possibly his mother also, but he still dashed that car which was parked. He has critically injured his father's driver and an unknown passer by. Irrespective of how much decency he shows this is not acceptable. Because if it is, there will be more such cases and many more. Even if you want to take custody of you child (just assuming here) this is not even an option.
SamDiablo is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 11:57   #12
BHPian

Cars are the most readily available Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Destruction of Peace, Property, Morality, and everything else in between, riding high not just on combustion fuel but the inflated egos. Yet, getting a driver's license is one tout-conversation away in most states and UTs.

The original article I read yesterday indicated that car banging was a rivalry between two gangs; so much for fact-based reporting.

Hoping against hope, but it would be something if the charges were filed and tried promptly.

Speechless on where our society is heading.
t2k4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 12:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomyboy View Post
I wonder how we have come to two different conclusions watching the video. The accused, thankfully, was concerned that the kid was injured and got out of the car to help pick up the child, at least that much decency was there.
The accused directly tried to kill his dad, dad's driver (who was under the safari and dragged a good 100 feet) and then took a u-turn back for more bloodshed.

After deliberately putting 7 people in the hospital out of which 2 are fighting for their lives, I wonder what decency and concern you are talking about?

Also why is he absconding if he is such a decent person...

Last edited by John316_WRC : 22nd August 2024 at 12:37.
John316_WRC is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 13:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadS View Post
The "son" has used his 2+ tonne SUV to cause previous hurt, willingly. That is attempt to murder according to me! If unfortunately one of the victims die, the "son" is definitely going to jail for a long time. The infamous Hummer case from Kerala is a good reminder.

This is the typical situation where the driver gets shot & killed by cops in the West! Countless number of videos we've all seen on YouTube and elsewhere. Unfortunately, law enforcement isn't as strict as in the West here in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust_Note View Post
Just the other day I was returning from Tadoba to Hyderabad on my motorcycle with my wife riding Pillion and this CH registered Fortuner was repeatedly pushing me out of the road every time there was a car in front of him. Needless to say he was driving very fast in the single lane roads and trying to overtake regularly driven cars from the left, hence pushing me out onto the shoulder.

At a signal, I requested him to take care, politely, since his family of elders, ladies and a child was also onboard.

This gentle man Sardarji, young chap, just blocked me, came out and started threatening me left and right. The best part was his logic "Shal I consider my benefit or your safety?"
Lesson to be learnt is to keep away from inconsiderate drivers like this, especially if you're on a 2 wheeler. What the young gentleman's family failed to do in 20 odd years, you're definitely not gonna do that over a 2 minute chat.

Countless number of times I've slowed down or stopped to increase distance me and a random dumb driver!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 14:46   #15
BHPian

Re: Son uses Tata Safari as a weapon; crashes repeatedly into father's Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Just horrible.

That could be a paid marketing or bot comment. So don't read too much into that. TATA car's structural safety has become a meme and hence likely some bot doing its job here.

I wonder what the child will remember growing up. This is very traumatic for a child to go through, regardless of whose child it is.

Last edited by sunilch : 22nd August 2024 at 14:54.
sunilch is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks