Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2024, 13:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which car made you fall in love with cars?

The Standard 2000. What a beauty it was
Attached Thumbnails
Which car made you fall in love with cars?-standard20001200x851.jpeg  

deathwalkr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 13:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

The car in which I learnt driving is still fresh in my memories. We lost her when father's business went kaput. I have now regained the footings by the grace of God and currently own multiple cars, but KLO5657 will remain in my heart forever.

I tried to locate her several times via FB but looks like she has attained moksha.
Which car made you fall in love with cars?-5757klo.jpg
A 17-year old senior TBHPian.

That said, the car that ignited my passion was a Fiat Padmini AC owned by my uncle who was NRI. It was the first car I sat in with air-conditioning and tinted glass. It boasted a fairly large decal on the rear windowpane, a picture of an Indian Airlines Airbus A300. In those days PAL used to deliver cars from Bombay to Trivandrum via air cargo (for NRI customers only ?).
Which car made you fall in love with cars?-aircargo.jpg
This ref picture is taken from the forum. Note the sticker on the rear windshield.

Right from that day, I became a fan of Fiat and many years later I bought a Punto EP and then another Punto 90.

The car that I bought as my own was an Indica v2 in January 2005. It came with many issues, and while searching for answers I found a website: Team-BHP.com.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 17th August 2024 at 13:53.
sandeepmdas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 13:52   #33
BHPian

Polo. Drove many cars prior to a Polo but love with driving dynamics started with a Polo
steadfast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 15:37   #34
BHPian

Suzuki Esteem Mpfi for me!

Man, what a can it was. 85BHP I think, was a big jump in power from the previous 56 BHP I think,

Had no power steering, but what a car. So many memories.

I was young and single 😝 with my own apartment,

Cheers!
Nucliomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 15:59   #35

It’s the Hyundai Accent, man! What a car.

I fell in love with cars as a child when the white Hyundai Accent was launched. Its sleek design and fresh new car smell captivated me. The same fascination extended to other vehicles like the Scorpio and Fortuner, which impressed me with their commanding presence and robust looks.
igar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 16:56   #36

POLO.
I had driven most of the other cars in its range (except Punto), but I distinctively remember the day I drove the Polo first time . The driving dynamics was what stood out. After selling the car in 2022, I drove a friend's polo last month and it all came back to me so hard that I put my duster in OLX and booked a Virtus.
5hank3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 16:59   #37
M35
BHPian

It all started with my Scorp and now, the Green has taken the craziness to another level

Which car made you fall in love with cars?-_dsc6110.jpg

Which car made you fall in love with cars?-img20240203wa0034.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 17th August 2024 at 17:59.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 17:28   #38

Green Daewoo Cielo

It was circa 1997 & we had an esteemed guest one day come in a green cielo with a driver. Such a luxury already! At the time of going, the guest kindly offered to drop our family to a place we were going. Sitting in the middle of the back seat, as a kid, I was so enamoured by the experience (a first) that I curiously asked the driver about that car.

After a few minutes, I said confidently: "Mujhe bhi Cielo ka driver banna hai" (I too wanna be a cielo driver)

Everybody was dead laughing ( I thought the driver is the one enjoying driving the car so he must be the owner too, I thought of the two as inseparable . Also, I thought turning the steering a little left & right starts the car & gets it running - blame bollywood for not bothering touching on the complete process ever! )

That 'dream' lived with me for some years & frequent teasing by my siblings ("Ise to Cielo ka driver banna hai, padh likh ke kya karega" types - He wants to become a cielo driver, what is the point of making him study) till the time I realised it was not an aspiring career choice!
Attached Thumbnails
Which car made you fall in love with cars?-images.jpg  

horseblood is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 17:56   #39
BHPian

One day when I was returning home from school, I was in our school bus on a window seat, randomly I looked behind and saw a car with 4 round shaped lights on approaching our bus and in just few seconds that car overtook our bus and just disappeared in seconds, after some time I came to know that that was a BMW with drls.
After that day I started searching for a BMW and I became an enthusiastic, I have special love in my heart for a 530D G30
Attached Thumbnails
Which car made you fall in love with cars?-images-2.jpeg  

Vikash Kumawat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 18:00   #40
Team-BHP Support

Those were times I did not know how to drive. But one look at an Opel Astra and I was floored. I still wonder what happened to such cars!
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 18:01   #41

Daewoo Cielo and Tata Safari Dicor, as a child. The fanboy-ing for Safari hasn't stopped since!
WheelingMyWay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 18:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

The first astonishing (for India) car which made me drool was the Rover Montego.

The car which made me progress into loving cars (seriously) and wanting to drive them, was the Octavia Mk1 specifically; the L&K of the day.
Which car made you fall in love with cars?-screenshot_2023050817533369_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
(Picture credit, the Octavia tribute thread)

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 17th August 2024 at 18:55.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 19:58   #43
BHPian

Mitsubishi Pajero , especially the red one owned by Kerala's own Mohanlal. It was a hit in Mid 90s.

Then the hook moved towards Tata Estate, Contessa and gradually to Daewoo Matiz. Final crush was Honda City and that beauty finally reached garage.

Which car made you fall in love with cars?-tataestate.jpg
Mrs&Mr_Shenu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 20:03   #44

Like many of you, my love with cars started with the Jeeps of old and the Premier Padmini. My family owned various iterations of both these vehicles. Then came the Santro Xing and it may seem laughable now, but as a kid I was super impressed by that car. But one car that definitely stood out and made me want it was the Punto, specially in the Abarth guise. Lucky to own one now!
rahulkr14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 20:16   #45
BHPian

There is no specific car which made me love cars.

To begin with, these are my first car keys

I started loving cars when my height was only 3 feet. (Please read my signature)
Which car made you fall in love with cars?-carkeys.jpg

I was madly in love with anything which had wheels and motors.

When I was 5, I watched passing trucks from my window imagining, I would drive them one day.

When I was 10, I was driving 6-7 hours in a circle on my tractor to cultivate land.

When I was 15, my father scolded me so badly that I ran away from home and joined a truck driver as a cleaner (co-driver) or "khallasi". Did this job for 7 days until I realized the value of the home

At 40. I feel Jimny is a slow vehicle but once I was so passionate, that I did a 600 KM trip on the snail-pace moving 21 years old tractor tractor to visit Prayagraj Kumbh Mela. That HMT 2511 tractor is 45 years old now and still with us.

I did multiple 1000 km trips in my Commander Jeep which was capped at the max speed of 81 KMPH.

I have five 4-wheelers but I love my Dieseltronics-equipped BSIV XUV5OO for its torque, space inside and practicality. I am not replacing her because I am not able to find a suitable replacement.
Which car made you fall in love with cars?-xuv.jpg
Which car made you fall in love with cars?-xuv1.jpg

Which car made you fall in love with cars?-img_9448.jpg
dicor is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks