Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: How is your "Connected Car" subscription offered?
Lifetime Free 33 17.55%
Only 1st year free 54 28.72%
Only first 2 years free 29 15.43%
More than 2 years free 66 35.11%
Chargeable from Day 1 6 3.19%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2024, 08:33   #46
BHPian

Re: How much do you pay for your "Connected Car" subscription?

Nexon Fearless Plus

Use the iRA app, quite a bit, geofencing, valet mode, tracking the car, switching on the AC before I get to the car in summers. Still in the one year free period. Probably will renew the subscription.

regards kaps454
kaps454 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 08:40   #47
BHPian

If the subscription is not renewed, will Alexa voice assist and other voice assisted controls stop working? Asking because I was unaware of the subscription fees and renewals. Never gave it much of a thought, was of the view it came with the car without any such subscriptions, etc.
I am planning to buy a Harrier (Fearless + AT) that has a few voice assisted features.

Last edited by deadguy25 : 14th August 2024 at 08:42.
Old 14th August 2024, 09:06   #48

Mine is Hyundai Venue 2020 model
Application : BlueLink

It was free for first 3 years and renewal costed INR 2299/year for the basic plan.
There are also higher plans available which did not make sense to me -for my usage at least.

2020 model does not come with remote start/stop engine either.

Since I use it mainly for remote lock/unlock, status check and live tracking, found this reasonable and had renewed.
Old 14th August 2024, 09:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

MG ZS eV with ADAS
Jio susbscription
All connected car features
- Lock / unlock
- Air conditioning (ahead of starting of car)
- Geo fencing
- Route planning and pushing it to car GPS before travel
- TPMS
- Emergency calls
- Charge status / SOC status
- Live update of charging
- Synced Jio Sawaan between phone and car
- Record of driving pattern, overspeeding, harsh braking, sudden turns etc.

3 years included with 1.5 GB per day data, post that annual user subscription

Last edited by i74js : 14th August 2024 at 09:34.
Old 14th August 2024, 09:23   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
If the subscription is not renewed, will Alexa voice assist and other voice assisted controls stop working?
Yes Alexa and Mappl navigation will not work, because these features need internet. Even speech to text checks online if the app could not understand offline.
Android auto/Apple car play will work because that runs from your phone.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 15:21   #51
MSC
BHPian

I own a 2020 Hyundai Venue crdi . Venue was one among the first cars, which brought the connected car tech as standard from factory.
It came with free Blue link subscription for first three years. The free subscription was extended till 31 December 2023.
After 2023, Hyundai has came up with three packages for its subscription. I currently own the yearly pack with 2299₹ fee. There are bi annual and tri annual packs available as well but buying bulk is no way cheaper or discounted. It's mere 100 or 150 odd bucks cheaper to buy the tri annual pack.
Don't think I will be renewing it. The service has been pathetic to hopeless. Being a diesel, most features like remote start stop or climate control functions are not available. In short, for a same fee in comparison to a petrol vehicle, I am getting shortchanged by paying same fee but reduced features.
And it's better not to say anything about the service. The hopeless Vodafone sim is the biggest issue with respect to Blue link. You can't even change the sim provider according to your area of residence.
Hyundai thinks that all over the country, the Vodafone network is great, which is entirely the opposite.
Old 14th August 2024, 16:34   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Hello BHPians,

Renewal Cost:
Gold Pack - 6GB/Day/365 Days - Rs. 3528/-
Platinum Pack - 12 GB/Day/730 Days - Rs. 6549/-
I would suggest to explore One lap GO - Wireless GPS Tracker device which comes around 5K with one year subscription. Next year onward the subscription for both data and app is 1.9K annually. It offers a robust set of features for enhanced security and monitoring of your vehicle. You can connect it through a mobile app. It provides real-time tracking and gives the accurate location of your car, which can be accessed through the mobile app. The device is easy to install with very good battery life. This is the one of the hottest selling product in Amazon. I have been using this device for over two years.

For more deatils on this device please go through my post :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...tracker-4.html (Apple AirTag as a car tracker)
inner_roadster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 16:53   #53
BHPian

I own a 2020 Skoda Octavia Kombi in the Ambition trim, and it has a petrol-driven engine/cabin heater, which is quite invaluable in the cold climes of Sweden. The heater has its own remote, but that of course is limited to line of sight and range, so I use the Skoda app to turn the heater on, before I leave my office or home, so the car is pre-warmed and the windows free of ice. The Skoda connect subscription costs around 4k INR per year, but I recently got a notification saying that Skoda are discontinuing the app from next year. Another thing is going to happen next year is the phasing out of 2g and 3g networks, so retiring the app seems like a nobrainer, as the app won't be able to reach the car anymore, once the networks go down.
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2024, 10:42   #54

I own a 2023 (Pre facelift) Tata Safari. My iRA subscription expired in July 2024 and I have not renewed it yet. However, I still had the app installed on my phone, and happened to open it today. The renewal price earlier was about Rs. 3,500 (including tax), but now it is showing as Rs. 1,999 + 18% GST for 1 year.

Did the price for the subscription reduce, or this is just a wooing attempt to get the subscription renewed offered only to me?

-Abhishek

Most Viewed