Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How is your "Connected Car" subscription offered?
Lifetime Free 17 19.10%
Only 1st year free 22 24.72%
Only first 2 years free 14 15.73%
More than 2 years free 33 37.08%
Chargeable from Day 1 3 3.37%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2024, 11:56   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: How much do you pay for your "Connected Car" subscription?

I think newer Hondas come with 5 year free subscription of 'Honda Connect', as they call it.

I have seen a few other manufacturers app like Jeep and Skoda and I have a feeling that the basic functionalities of the apps are similar across these brands- take or give a feature or two. May be the core software and the hardware is the same with just a slightly different skin for each of the manufacturer.
During the initial few days with Honda Connect, I found it to be glitchy. However, after a few days, it has settled in well and works well & my initial impression has changed for better.

I am not sure about the renewal charges of the software but if it is reasonable, I would like to keep the subscription due to features like:

1. Live location- Helps tracking and is accurate.
2. Notification if car is started/ stopped. Helps secure the car. If one is too concerned, they can 'geo-fence' the vehicle which means you will get notification if the car leaves a certain area.
3. Sometimes when the car is parked and I don't have the keys, I can still open the car to fetch/ keep my stuff if required without the need to climb floors of my apartment to reach out for the keys.
4. For how forgetful I can be, I am always assured that the car & windows are closed & secured. Nifty feature for me.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 12:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

My Honda Elevate has the Honda Connect feature.

I can do the following with it.
1. Track the car
2. Get updates about battery voltage, FE, if TPMS are there, then Air Pressure
3. Get the AC on before i reach the car (i love this feature)
4. Lock/Unlock the car
5. Use Alexa to control the car - haven't used this feature.

And 5 years free.
ac 427 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 12:30   #18
BHPian

Make: Scorpio-N
Year 2022
Connected Car App - AdrenoX
Free Subscription Duration - 1 Year
subscription Renewal Charges- Originally M&M fixed as Rs.5999 but seems people weren't interested hence revised the price to Rs.2499.

Rs.2499 seemed okayish to me and hence renewed, wouldn't have renewed for Rs.5999 since the VI connection provided has very poor connectivity and 50% times alexa and in turn the amazon music doesn't work properly.
Rahkehs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 12:31   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Altroz
IRA
Free - 1st year alone
Subscription - 35xx INR for a year

I didn't find it much useful to spend on it. Never opted for subscription.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 12:42   #20
BHPian

I own the Nexon Fearless variant, and it comes with a 1year free subscription. I have only used the app to check the monthly running and the mileage. I still have another 6 months before renewal, but I am not sure if I am going to renew it or not. Probably will give it a thought when the renewal date nears.

Make: Tata Nexon Fearless DCA
Year 2024
Connected Car App - iRA
Prof87 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 13:03   #21
BHPian

XUV700 aka RUDRA - AX5 P MT

It comes with 1-year pricing bundled in their Ex-Show pricing.

From 2022-2024, it is more of a beta only. Based on the customer feedback, Mahindra & Mahindra has refined the UI, UX, and Connectivity.

Still, there are some small issue with the connectivity due to the Vi e-SIM.

For AX5 P MT:
1. Trip Monitoring, Geofencing & Live Tracking
2. Remote Door Lock/Unlock
3. Remote Sunroof Open/Close
4. Remote Hazard/Horn & Headlamps
5. Range Indication
6. Toll Diary
7. Mahindra Lens (Warning Symbol descriptions).

The AX7 & 7L get the below features in addition to the above:
1. Remote Engine Start/Stop
2. Remote Climatic Controls
3. Remote Windows Rollup/Roll Down (Not sure what made Mahindra to cut this for the AX5 and below).

The yearly subscription was priced at 4999 before. Many of us, like me, felt it was not worth the 5k. Looks like M&M understood the customer pulse and has given a discounted offer of 2999 which is okay.

And AX5 and below have to pay the same 2999 for the trimmed-down AdrenoX features Mahindra is offering.

A more detailed review is penned down here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-xuv700-2.html (Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700)

Overall experience is good but not great. My friend's Hyundai has got all these bells & whistles and works like a charm. Hyundai gives a 3-year free subscription and their yearly subscription is just 2299 and their 3-year plan is 6399 only.

Wish Mahindra would up their game here. Give them the pay cut to the one who suggested Vi for e-SIM.
rudra_shiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 13:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdoyn View Post
I own a 2023 Creta SX(O) AT Diesel.
It comes with Hyundai's Bluelink and is free for the first 3 years and chargeable thereafter.

I'm not really sure if I'd renew it especially since I only use it to track my usage (distance traveled etc

Any Creta owners here who renewed their Bluelink sub? How much does it cost?

Thanks.
Here are the subscription renewal plans and costs. You can renew the subscription from the Bluelink App (More-->Value Added Services-->Bluelink Subscription Renewal-->Select the plan, make payment).

Mine is the Hyundai Creta 2022 model and for me first 3 years Bluelink App Subscription is free, below are the plans for renewal.

1 Year - ₹2,299 - Basic plan that includes all access to Bluelink services + Exclusive Value
added services.
2 Years - ₹4,349 - Basic plan that includes all access to Bluelink services + Exclusive Value
added services.
3 Years - ₹6,399 - Basic plan that includes all access to Bluelink services + Exclusive Value
added services.

Value-added services that are now available are Driving Score, Parking slot booking, IOCL rewards, and Vehicle Digital Passport (Coming soon).

I'm using an Axis IOCL card (This is also one of the reasons they blocked my number in the Hyundai App) so IOCL rewards a useless for me.
Parking slot booking - I don't know where I can use this feature.
Driving Score - Again one more useless app, I don't know how they calculate the score and give ranks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th August 2024 at 13:35. Reason: back to back posts merged
anilsurya1985 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 13:26   #23
ike
BHPian

Make: Tata Harrier
Year 2023 (Pre facelift)
Connected Car App - iRA

Renewal Cost:
Gold Pack - 6GB/Day/365 Days - Rs. 3528/- (This is what I went with for second year)

Platinum Pack - 12 GB/Day/730 Days - Rs. 6549/-

I did not renew it, got a Jiomotive device instead. It works OK and the yearly cost is a very reasonable 450 bucks per annum. Initial cost of the device is 5499INR, MRP is 11k currently there's a discount of 50%.

IMO TATA missed an opportunity with the Ira app considering that they have their own software company. Could have been executed much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

I haven’t used the iRA app extensively during the past year, but I like the “Run Diagnosis” feature that it provides. It may not be too accurate or foolproof but the fact that it can at least indicate some errors/fault codes helps (in my opinion).
The Jio thingy gives the exact error code rather than just indicating that there's a fault, this was one of the reasons why I ditched Tata app and got a jio device.
ike is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 13:46   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I did not renew it, got a Jiomotive device instead. It works OK and the yearly cost is a very reasonable 450 bucks per annum. Initial cost of the device is 5499INR, MRP is 11k currently there's a discount of 50%.
Can this device also lock/ unlock the cars through the app given that it sits within the CAN Bus? Would be great if you can list the features of Jiomotive.

Thanks.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 13:54   #25
BHPian

I have Hyundai Venue, which relies on Vodafone network. I get no Vodafone service in my area, making the entire feature useless. I did not see any benefits in renewing it.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 14:53   #26
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Can this device also lock/ unlock the cars through the app given that it sits within the CAN Bus? Would be great if you can list the features of Jiomotive.

Thanks.
It cannot lock & unlock the car but can track it.

How much do you pay for your "Connected Car" subscription?-vehicle-tracking.jpg

How much do you pay for your "Connected Car" subscription?-map-view.jpg

Details of a trip and driver performance(like a "driver score" in the IRA app)
How much do you pay for your "Connected Car" subscription?-trip-details.jpg

The vehicle health feature, you get battery health and also engine RPM/load in %, coolant temperature when the engine is turned on. It does not show the air intake temperature in my car (a Harrier) though.

How much do you pay for your "Connected Car" subscription?-vehicle-health.jpg

Any fault codes will be displayed too

How much do you pay for your "Connected Car" subscription?-fault-codes.jpg

You also get notifications when engine is turned on or off, when you exceed speed limits etc. This can be turned on or off as per your convenience. They also claim "theft" & "tow" notifications.

How much do you pay for your "Connected Car" subscription?-notifications.jpg

You can also set geo/time fences

How much do you pay for your "Connected Car" subscription?-fencing-hotspot.jpg

This device attaches to your existing Jio data plan, setting it up was seamless and hassle-free. You also get wifi in car to which other devices can connect. However, the device is only 4G.

More details here, goes without saying that I have no commercial interests in Jio.

Last edited by ike : 13th August 2024 at 14:56.
ike is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 15:00   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
It cannot lock & unlock the car but can track it.

This device attaches to your existing Jio data plan, setting it up was seamless and hassle-free. You also get wifi in car to which other devices can connect.
-----goes without saying that I have no commercial interests in Jio.
Thanks a lot. I see that it offers almost all services of 'OE' apps and at a much better price. However, what it lacks is the functionality to lock/ unlock/ check lights, windows etc. but makes up with the 4G/ 5G internet connectivity inside the car available for all devices to connect.

Thanks.
Old 13th August 2024, 15:02   #28
BHPian

Make: MG Hector
Model Year:2019
App Name: MG I-Smart

It is completely free for the first 3 years and comes bundled with Gaana app subscription + internet.

After 3 years Gaana app subscription is gone.
But we can still use it through hotspot connection of mobile plus adds

But the I-smart app is working perfectly fine even after 3 years.
We can see live location of car, put geofence, lock/unlock the car etc.
So no real need to get the subscription

PS:- I have no idea of subscription cost

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks