Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2024, 12:37   #46
BHPian

Re: Now we can check the entire service history of ANY car online for just Rs. 200!

Sadly, this does not provide service history for motorcycles, at least for mine. I've not been careful with my bike's record keeping so I thought this would help me out. For some reason, my KTM ASC won't give the old service reports to me, stating that they are not supposed to do so as per instructions from higher ups. As for a privacy point of view, I have no issues with this Cars24 system.
Yash390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 13:08   #47

Re: Now we can check the entire service history of ANY car online for just Rs. 200!

I have tried for my Volkswagen polo. But the data is not available. Looks like only selected manufactures are available in the platform.
Old 7th August 2024, 13:21   #48

I tried to get service history for my following car, and sadly none of them were available:

1. Nissan X-Trail
2. Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
3. Toyota Corolla Altis

Looks like only selected brands are available
Old 7th August 2024, 13:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

Info not available for Fiat cars too.
finneyp is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 13:57   #50
BHPian

It's asking for almost 1200 for my Jeep Compass and only 235 for my wife's Baleno! Charge for the service is linked to brand value? 🤔
Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 14:11   #51
BHPian

Got the report for Mahindra XUV 500, for the entire 1 Lakh Plus kilometers, for the last 10 years!! History for the other car (FIAT Linea) Is not available thou.

Also has the following additional info
  • Mentions the last service at a OEM Service center
  • Last Odometer Milege
  • Total Services at OEM
  • Total Loss Reported
  • Structural Damage Reported
  • Accidental History
  • Airbag Deployment Reported
  • Indication of Odometer Rollback
  • Flooded Vehicle
  • Engine Repaired
  • Gear Transmission Work

Cheers
Jay

Last edited by JayKis : 7th August 2024 at 14:15.
JayKis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 15:31   #52
Senior - BHPian

Why should cars24 show the service history of the cars other than those which are being sold by them? If its a direct sale involving the buyer and seller without any intermediatory then any such report sourced by the buyer will result in failed negotiations or loss of trust.

Totally not in favour of any such option.
Old 7th August 2024, 15:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If its a direct sale involving the buyer and seller without any intermediatory then any such report sourced by the buyer will result in failed negotiations or loss of trust.

Totally not in favour of any such option.
Not able to understand the part about failed negotiations or loss of trust.

If a seller gives his verbal confirmation about the condition of vehicle, should I take it on face value? Even for direct sale, most buyer would prefer to go to nearest OEM service centers to get the service history. When my cousin went to check service history of Honda City saying he is planning to buy, Honda SC had asked him 2000 rupees. I feel this is much better than that.

Now if I want to buy a car, isn't it better to know the service history before I continue any conversation. That way the buyer will know when was the last service at OEM done, is there any accident history etc.

Those details might be critical in decision making process and I believe it will be good for all.
xcentrk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 16:26   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Impractical. Who defines what is a "professionally run FNG"? And who ensures that the said FNG continues to run professionally? Periodic validations will be required meaning there has to be some sort of governing agency which seems very unlikely for this segment of market.
By a "professional FNG" I just meant FNGs that maintain these records and are willing to share them. No need of any validation.
Old 7th August 2024, 16:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Is there a similar service for bikes? Would help me and countless others especially since finding these in good condition is a bit of an uphill task.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed