Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2024, 15:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Citroen C3 & C3 Aircross updated with new features; LED lights, Auto AC & more

Citroen recently unveiled the Basalt SUV Coupe for the Indian market. Alongside the new model, the French carmaker also revealed the updated C3 and C3 Aircross.

Citroen C3 & C3 Aircross updated with new features; LED lights, Auto AC & more-gt_hzpbx0aaozjv.jpg

The 2024 edition of the Citroen C3 is available with new features like LED projector headlamps, auto-folding ORVMs, automatic climate control and a 7-inch digital instrument cluster.

The updated C3 Aircross gets LED projector headlamps, automatic climate control with rear AC vents, a new flip key, and a sliding front armrest. The rear power window switches have been moved from the centre console to the panels. Both models now get 6-airbags as standard.

Citroen is yet to announce the prices of the updated C3 and C3 Aircross. The addition of new features is expected to push the prices of both models higher.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 16:58   #2
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 & C3 Aircross updated with new features; LED lights, Auto AC & more

No Automatic in C3, I hoped It would have been included this time .
Thyag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 17:31   #3
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 & C3 Aircross updated with new features; LED lights, Auto AC & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
new features like LED projector headlamps, auto-folding ORVMs, automatic climate control and a 7-inch digital instrument cluster.
The updated C3 Aircross gets LED projector headlamps, automatic climate control with rear AC vents, a new flip key, and a sliding front armrest.
Wow, couldn't they provide these features while launching the cars? I mean, these aren't difficult to integrate. Heck, even 7 year old cars had these features on launch.

Let's see how the market responds. I think citroen would see much required showroom footfalls with the upcoming basalt which looks like a decent product. People would surely check out the other cars in the showroom.

Last edited by Storme5257 : 4th August 2024 at 17:33. Reason: Minor change
Storme5257 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 18:01   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme5257 View Post
Let's see how the market responds. I think citroen would see much required showroom footfalls with the upcoming basalt which looks like a decent product. People would surely check out the other cars in the showroom.
Are there even any showrooms left to visit? Who are they launching these cars for?
I honestly am quite flabbergasted, there is just one showroom in the entirety of Bombay (who too don't seem to be picking up their phonecalls/IVRs). I tried searching for another showroom in Thane and Navi Mumbai, to no avail. Requests on the website for a test drive also go unanswered.

Are they planning to go the online sales & home service way?
Zinger_Winger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 18:35   #5
BHPian

Any idea when these features will come to the e-C3 ? They never mention when the updated features comes to the electric version.
I am asking because we plan to add another car in the garage. Though we are currently debating between the VW Polo TDI and Tata Punch Ev, the e-C3 seems to be a option worth considering as and when they launch with the updated features. So any ideas if they have added the features to the e-C3 ?
Mitadru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 20:16   #6
BHPian

What about the eC3, Citroen?
Also it would be better if Citroen doesn't increase the prices of the updated cars because anyhow they are offering discount on their current lineup, so instead of offering discounts compensate them with features.
sharmanova is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 20:27   #7
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Come on though, what about an auto? Or will it take you another 3 years to add one?
JunkyardHunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 21:23   #8
BHPian

Below is a walkthrough of the feature updates in the C3 and C3 Aircross. Since there is no mention of Cruise Control in the C3 Aircross, I assume it is not included. Based on that, we can also expect it to be absent in the Basalt.

Adding Cruise Control, Keyless Entry, and Push Button Start would have completed the essential features in both the C3 Aircross and Basalt.

bronco is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 08:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Had posted it in another thread. There is a report that the 1.2 NA will also be offered in C3 Aircross. I am guessing that only the base/ mid variants of the five seater will get it.

Source: https://ackodrive.com/news/exclusive...e-coming-soon/
Old 19th August 2024, 10:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

2024 Citroen C3 launched at Rs 6.16 lakh

Earlier this month, Citroen unveiled the 2024 edition of the C3. The carmaker has now announced the launch of the updated model with prices starting at Rs 6.16 lakh (ex-showroom).

Citroen C3 & C3 Aircross updated with new features; LED lights, Auto AC & more-citorenc3desktop_1600x780_3_r_1.jpg

The 2024 Citroen C3 is available in eight variants: Live, Feel, Shine, Shine Vibe Pack, Shine Dual Tone, Shine Dual Tone Vibe Pack, Shine Turbo Dual Tone and Shine Dual Tone Vibe. The price of the top-end variant has been hiked by Rs 30,000 to Rs 9.41 lakh.

The 2024 edition of the Citroen C3 comes with new features like LED projector headlamps, auto-folding ORVMs, automatic climate control and a 7-inch digital instrument cluster. The car also gets a 10.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, hill-start assist and 6 airbags.

The 2024 Citroen C3 carries forward the same 1.2-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine that produces 82 BHP and 115 Nm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The car is also available with a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol unit that makes 108 BHP and 190 Nm (6MT) / 205 Nm (6AT).

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 10:56   #11

So, 6 Speed AT is confirmed for Turbo variant of C3 ?
Suifuto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 11:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Earlier in the year Citroën had promised 6 airbags, ISOFIX and rear seatbelt reminders as standard.
Quote:
Chennai, January 31st, 2024 – Citroën, the leading French automaker, is proud to announce a strategic shift towards safer mobility with a vision of creating a safer and more secure driving experience for everyone. In line with the goal, effective H2 2024, all Citroën vehicles in India will come equipped with six airbags, ISOFIX seat anchorage, and rear seatbelt reminder as standard features across its range and variants.
Why does the base C3 not have them?

Citroen C3 & C3 Aircross updated with new features; LED lights, Auto AC & more-screenshot-20240819-11.01.05.png

Brochure

The other two do look compelling though. Certainly except the sketchy brand I don't see any deal-breakers in the top-end turbo. Now it's up to Citroën to get a GNCAP retest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Skipping ESP / Hill Hold is a big miss in this day and age (I sincerely hope it's a typo in the brochure)
It is available but only in the turbo variants.

Last edited by ron178 : 19th August 2024 at 11:26.
ron178 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 11:19   #13
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

So the C3 is the cheapest proper "AT" we can buy in India today ? And they choose not to market the s**t out of it ? Hmm.

They have done their homework albeit a couple of misses :

- It's a new brand with severe lack of confidence amongst prospective customers. They should have provided higher warranty / resale value promise ( something that MG did in the initial years )

- Why would they skip Cruise control ? I know I know, it's not going to be used in the city where their most potential customers exists. But, this is just a tick box exercise to indicate it comes fully loaded. Swift, Nios, Baleno - Probably competitors, they all have it.

- Skipping ESP / Hill Hold is a big miss in this day and age (I sincerely hope it's a typo in the brochure)
Sk8r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 11:26   #14
BHPian

If Citroen announced new pricing, then where is the Automatic pricing?
Old 19th August 2024, 11:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Let's be honest. Does this brand even exist in Indian cities anymore? I tried searching for their dealerships in Bengaluru on Google maps. All I see are closed dealership map points on it.

Most potential customers will lose interest at this point. Still went to their website directly and tried to locate a dealer and I see one in Bengaluru. Even clicking on "Direction" doesn't do anything. It just seems to point to an existing Jeep dealership KHT Prime in Yeswanthpur. The Citreon entity if it exists at that point looks like a fake location.

Last edited by JithinR : 19th August 2024 at 11:29.
JithinR is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed