Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2024, 11:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 & C3 Aircross updated with new features; LED lights, Auto AC & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
cruise control is a boon and normally can be used in case of empty expressways. On normal highways, it is pretty useless given the amount of traffic and types of slow and fast moving vehicles. It is useful but not a deal breaker. Yesterday there was so much traffic on NE4 - Mumbai Delhi expressway - that even there cruise control was useless.
Completely Agree, Cruise Control is good only for Expressways which has fences - but there also many 2 lanes are occupied by lorries and overtaking lane also blocked by some punch, venue & creta. Just yesterday returned from 5 days 3000 kms trip across 4 states - our people have long long way to go in terrms of Road sense !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyag View Post
No Automatic in C3, I hoped It would have been included this time .
Happy that Automatic in C3 is here !

Last edited by Thyag : 20th August 2024 at 11:46.
Thyag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 16:10   #32
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 & C3 Aircross updated with new features; LED lights, Auto AC & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyag View Post
and overtaking lane also blocked by some punch, venue & creta.
I can see what you did there with Creta and why you had to singal it out. As much as I love my Creta, I can see why it has garnered notoriety on highways. Even if one were to cruise at 120kmph in right lane, there's always a Creta in the riverview mirror honking at you for pass.
As far as cruise control is concerned, this feature might be useful in North/Central part of India where roads are straight and wide with comparatively less obstacles, motorcycles on highways. Not that helpful in Western Maharashtra such as Mumbai, Pune, Nashik where even the ADAS have to bow down.
Flyingdutchman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 19:48   #33
BHPian

The C3 now seems like a car that I could at least consider recommending and which is not appallingly lacking in features. I personally find the flap type door handle to be an off putter but not a deal breaker and the same stands true for the cruise control. However the elephant in the room is the horrible sales and service network provided by Citroen! They're making good cars but have few places to sell them — as a brand with extremely poor brand recall they should try getting into many locations but right now they barely exist anywhere outside of metropolitan cities and even then there's the amount of Citroen showrooms in cities like Mumbai, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad the amount in which Tata showrooms are present in my tier-2 city!
idontdrivedoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 20:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
cruise control is a boon and normally can be used in case of empty expressways. On normal highways, it is pretty useless given the amount of traffic and types of slow and fast moving vehicles. It is useful but not a deal breaker. Yesterday there was so much traffic on NE4 - Mumbai Delhi expressway - that even there cruise control was useless.
I completely agree that apart from expressways it is very hard to use cruise control continuously but a lot of times I want to relax my right foot for just 5 minutes and I can't do it without cruise control. All I want to say is that when a company is putting everything and the small hatchback is going to be around 13 Lakhs on road then the company should have put this feature. If I end up buying this car and 1 year down the line I see this feature added I would regret not waiting.
Ranabegins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 22:46   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Just today I did nearly 530 kms from Lucknow to Delhi via. Lucknow - Agra expressway and then Yamuna expressway. Must have been on cruise control for nearly 85% of the time while on the expressway's. Further my regular run in mostly on the NH8 between Gurgaon and Neemrana. In this 85 kms drive I am able to normally use cruise control for around 15-20 kms, which might sound less but for people with regular run's like mine it is a boon.
AyushB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 21:21   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Changes are really welcome. It looks like a well rounded product now. Great car for the buyers who are not swayed by gimmicky features and looking for a no nonsense car that scores really high on grunt (turbo variants) and ride quality IMHO.
Phantom 510 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 01:41   #37
BHPian

I've cruise control in my 6 speed manual that I happily use on expressways not having it on an automatic is just dumb.
raihan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks