Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 14:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Called Apra Automobiles . Hehad no clue what I said. He said no Swift Sport available. I asked him did he have one on display and he denied. Do not know if he is telling the truth or not.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:01   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do not know if he is telling the truth or not.
Lol. Why would a dealer lie about what he has or does not have in his showroom! they are in the business of selling cars I would think!

Looks like this is another rumour that has now been put to rest.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:23   #48
BHPian

but only reasons i could come up with that the car is less practical
People Looking for VFM might get a bit dissapointed,
not a good enough mileage per ltr.
space is an issue in the car
like i said earlier looks are either loved or hated by people

Last edited by Rtech : 4th September 2007 at 20:32. Reason: Stay on topic.
Old 4th September 2007, 21:11   #49
BANNED

Swift Sports may come or may not. But we have '1.6 Palio Stile Sport' in the market now. Keeping mass market aside, I really doubt if Swift Sport will appeal to enthusiats like the Palio.
Old 4th September 2007, 21:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
160bhp engine runs a CR of 12.9:1 IIRC
Nope. The M16A VVT, stock, runs 11.1:1 compression (So 125 bhp= ~110 with a reasonable 10:1; for India). Surprisingly, you actually lower the compression to get more power out of the M16. It's more to do with the cams, redlines, ECM's & swirl chambers/patterns.

The JWRC spec engines that produce 218 horses are tuned beyond the financial capabilities of aam junta. Who else could afford platinum alloy internals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Why would a dealer lie about what he has or does not have in his showroom!
Haha. You're kidding, right RT? Or have you turned over a new leaf in terms of having faith in dealers? AFAIK, no dealer has ever told the truth about an upcoming model. Classic examples seen in past include the new Endy TDCi, Fiesta, Safari DICOR, etc. etc... but perhaps the dealer is right in this case. Or is he...?
Old 4th September 2007, 23:29   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
but only reasons i could come up with that the car is less practical
People Looking for VFM might get a bit dissapointed,
not a good enough mileage per ltr.
space is an issue in the car
like i said earlier looks are either loved or hated by people
Probably 90% janta think like you, but 10% dont. Those 10% want intl products, more power, greater safety, newer models etc and are willing to pay for it. Now even though there are many that hate Swift, but its just caz angoor khatte hai. Its the most selling car since its launch in its segment. Virtually had made Getz extinct, effected sales of car in lower and higher segment. There are bound to be those that hate it, as the car ignites a lot neighbors envy owners pride factor.
Lastly not everyone is concerned about economy. I see more Pulsar 200cc on road than 180cc goes to show ppl are willing to pay for that wee bit extra and not just tale kitna peeti hai factor!!!
Old 5th September 2007, 10:00   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post

Haha. You're kidding, right RT? Or have you turned over a new leaf in terms of having faith in dealers? AFAIK, no dealer has ever told the truth about an upcoming model. Classic examples seen in past include the new Endy TDCi, Fiesta, Safari DICOR, etc. etc... but perhaps the dealer is right in this case. Or is he...?
Atuljee, if the Swift Sport was already in his showroom like the original poster claimed, why on earth would they deny it! lol. Its got nothing to do with a clash of existing products or an upgrade/facelift of an existing product! That's a different case.
Old 5th September 2007, 17:09   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Probably 90% janta think like you, but 10% dont. Those 10% want intl products, more power, greater safety, newer models etc and are willing to pay for it. Now even though there are many that hate Swift, but its just caz angoor khatte hai. Its the most selling car since its launch in its segment. Virtually had made Getz extinct, effected sales of car in lower and higher segment. There are bound to be those that hate it, as the car ignites a lot neighbors envy owners pride factor.
Lastly not everyone is concerned about economy. I see more Pulsar 200cc on road than 180cc goes to show ppl are willing to pay for that wee bit extra and not just tale kitna peeti hai factor!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
i was thinking about the whole package. but is it practical to have that kind of car in india

Like the jim carrey said in the Bruce almighty " all that horse power and nowhere to gallop".
angoor khate hai ouch!!!!!! man take that knife out it hurts. i actually like the swift, i was talking about the general perception.
Old 8th August 2015, 19:23   #54
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!

Looking at demand for S-Cross 1.6, I doubt

First, people complain that Maruti doesnt launch powerful engines, and when they do they complain again!

You cant get gold for the price of aluminum.
aerohit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 10:28   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Swift Sport Hybrid World Champion Edition honors all 7 MotoGP titles - Limited 7 units for Italy.

Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!-suzukiswiftsporthybridworldchampionedition2021752811613048925_5.jpg

Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!-suzukiswiftsporthybridworldchampionedition2021752811613048916_1.jpg

Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!-suzukiswiftsporthybridworldchampionedition2021752811613048918_2.jpg

Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!-suzukiswiftsporthybridworldchampionedition2021752811613048923_4.jpg

Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!-suzukiswiftsporthybridworldchampionedition2021752811613048920_3.jpg

Quote:
For Italy only, the Japanese brand's utility specially dresses to pay homage to the manufacturer's seven motoGP world titles. The Suzuki Swift Sport Hybrid World Champion Edition is a special edition and limited to the same number of titles in maximum two-wheeled competition.
Quote:
Seven MotoGP world titles accumulate Suzuki. The Japanese brand can boast a category list in its display cases, and especially the two-wheeled division. The recent achievement of the latter has encouraged the division of the brand in Italy to offer a special commemorative edition with the Swift Sport Hybrid as the protagonist.
Quote:
Only 7 units purchased online from the Japanese utility dressed in the colors of the official Team Ecstar Suzuki GSX-RR. The body of the body has been painted in metallic blue, contrasting with the glossy black finish of the windshield mullions and the silver finish of the rearview mirror and ceiling shells, adorned with decorative stripes that extend longitudinally from the edge of the bumper to the tailgate changing the colors on the ceiling.

Link

Quote:
The special edition is based on the Suzuki Swift Sport Hybrid, and in this section there will be no news. The new 1.4-litre petrol engine equipped with 48 Volt Suzuki Hybrid technology is maintained. A small starter and generator that provides an extra 10 kW -13 hp- and a lithium-ion battery that assist the gasoline engine that yields 129 hp. It is associated with a 6-speed manual transmission,offering a top speed of 210 km/h.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 11:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Source: https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...-import/45456/

Swift Sport spotted in India. Considering the current aggressive launch plans by Maruti, can we expect one here?
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!-1.png  

Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!-2.png  

romeomidhun is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 12:06   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

Swift Sport spotted in India. Considering the current aggressive launch plans by Maruti, can we expect one here?
Name:  suzukiswiftsportindialaunchmarutiplans20224768x545.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  83.2 KB

Swift Sport Generation change will happen in 2023. Don't think Maruti will launch a non-Hybrid (strong) Swift in the Indian market as now their launches will be in that direction as the SWIFT SPORT is a Global product of Suzuki.

It is not clear if this is a test mule of the Swift Sport for India, or a private import.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th April 2022 at 12:11.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 13:26   #58
BHPian

What’s that weird cut out? Looks like a big projector/ radar or a ray gun.
Doge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 13:53   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Please no, don't give me hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
What’s that weird cut out? Looks like a big projector/ radar or a ray gun.
Not sure but they could be testing something for the new generation of Swift/Swift Sport. (Transition into the next generation of Swift is happening in 2023 I believe).

This could either be a private import or it could be Suzuki testing tech for the next gen Swift/Swift Sport for launch in India and I pray to god and hope that it's the former.

I feel like the problem here is not Suzuki Global or the Executives in Hamamatsu but the Indian arm (aka Maruti). I feel like if they had their way we in India would've gotten many of the cars in Suzuki's global portfolio in India. Like the Swift Sport, S-Cross 1.6 Petrol, Liana (this was the Esteem/Baleno replacement in the 2000's for international markets) and the International Jimny.

The one that hurts the most is the Jimny as they already produce it in India for export to Africa, all they have to do to sell the Jimny in India is to send the cars to stockyards and showrooms instead of a ship destined for Africa.

Last edited by vb-saan : 26th April 2022 at 14:50. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 15:37   #60

Quote:
Source: https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...-import/45456/

The car has not a single visible Suzuki logo. The front has a cutout where the logo is supposed to be and the alloy wheels are blank. Why anyone?

As for import, I highly doubt anyone would import Swift Sport, which everyone will just consider another Swift. The only reason for importing it over other hot hatches could be the availability of non-mechanical parts.
steeroxp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks