Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2024, 15:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue S(O)+ variant with sunroof launched at Rs 10 lakh

Hyundai has introduced a new variant of the Venue called the S(O)+. The new trim is equipped with an electric sunroof and is priced at Rs 9,99,900 (ex-showroom).

Hyundai Venue S(O)+ variant with sunroof launched at Rs 10 lakh-2022hyundaivenuefacelift09.jpg

The Venue S(O)+ variant also gets LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and a digital instrument cluster.

The S(O)+ trim also gets a host of safety features as standard. These include 6 airbags, TPMS, automatic headlamps, ESC, Hill Start Assist Control, a rearview camera and more.

The Venue S(O)+ variant is offered with a 1.2-litre, petrol engine that produces 82 BHP and 114 Nm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 16:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue S(O)+ variant with sunroof launched at Rs 10 lakh

Still Hyundai is missing the major thing here. Why do we do not have an automatic transmission without the Sunroof? There is no DCT Venue or Creta without a Sunroof. There are multiple customers who are rejecting such cars since they have a sunroof. An Option should be provided with a Variant which comes with automatic transmission and without a sunroof. Time for Hyundai and Kia to wake up now!
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 16:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Still Hyundai is missing the major thing here. Why do we do not have an automatic transmission without the Sunroof? There is no DCT Venue or Creta without a Sunroof. There are multiple customers who are rejecting such cars since they have a sunroof. An Option should be provided with a Variant which comes with automatic transmission and without a sunroof. Time for Hyundai and Kia to wake up now!
I personally feel majority of the customers who are opting for an AT would have very little problem with a sunroof - and even fewer would reject a car because it HAS a sunroof. Have seen buyers rejecting a car because it lacked a sunroof more often.

Anyhow - I was just browsing some manufacturer sites only to realise the higher you go up the price bracket, less they let you choose. You can only choose from an option of 3/4 colours. Can't get the interiors colours you want as they are linked with the exterior colours. Absolutely no option of choosing what all features you want or not. If you go for a higher variant - the choice of colours for exteriors and interiors and diminishes further!! And there is nothing called an optional feature. Just simply 1 or 2 variant in almost all the cases.

The moment you look at Maruti, Hyundai or even TATA - you realise that these brands give you far more options than you can think of in terms of colors, variants and options!! While Mercedes, BMW and Range Rover give you very little choice.
To me it seems counter intuitive.
samyakmodi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 16:36   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
I

The moment you look at Maruti, Hyundai or even TATA - you realise that these brands give you far more options than you can think of in terms of colors, variants and options!! While Mercedes, BMW and Range Rover give you very little choice.
To me it seems counter intuitive.
Absolutely true, Toyota INNOVA HYCROSS has options of Automatic (VX) without a Sunroof and it sells in good numbers. Same is the Case with TATA SAFARI, NEXON and HARRIER.

Hyundai and Kia are lagging behind in this department. Multiple Customers are searching for automatic without a sunroof. Sunroof is the most useless feature which is provided in modern day cars specially in India. We do not even open the windows, forget about the Sunroof.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 17:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

It gets host of features & safety features but I can bet it misses out on a basic but pretty important feature : REAR WASH/WIPE. Not sure why manufaturers treat it as such a high-end feature that its available only at the Top or Top-1 variants at best

Quote:
Hyundai and Kia are lagging behind in this department. Multiple Customers are searching for automatic without a sunroof. Sunroof is the most useless feature which is provided in modern day cars specially in India. We do not even open the windows, forget about the Sunroof.
In Zakir Khan's voice : Baadal zaruri hai
(Cloud is important)

Last edited by SoumenD : 2nd August 2024 at 17:48.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 11:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely true, Toyota INNOVA HYCROSS has options of Automatic (VX) without a Sunroof and it sells in good numbers. Same is the Case with TATA SAFARI, NEXON and HARRIER.

Correlation does not imply causation. By the way could you share the source of the variant wise breakdown of sales. I usually only see sales number for the entire model.

Even if we do assume the Hycross VX sells more, it is not because it doesn’t have a sunroof. It’s more likely because it’s the most VFM option out of the lineup. Not to mention it’ll be more readily available than the ZX and ZX(O) variants which have order banks closed sporadically due to excessive demand.

Not sure about Tata, but I’m positive that literal hundreds of variants they have across just a few models make things complicated for buyers. I’m not even kidding the Nexon ICE alone has 98 variants NOT counting the 3 CNG variants that are expected to be launched soon. Customers probably end up opting for whatever is promised a quicker delivery and can be gotten for a deal. I doubt most sales people even explain the whole variant spread. They probably just focus on what they have available in stock.

I think we bunch over here overthink the whole sunroof situation. For most people it’s a nice perk and for the rest it’s a feature that exists but they don’t give much thought to besides the initial coolness of having it. I really haven’t come across anyone that has rejected a car entirely based on the fact that there’s not an automatic without a sunroof.

I believe if you’ve had a sunroof once on your car you’ll come to see it as a basic hygiene feature rather than one that stands out when you’re making your next purchase. It’s just something that you come to expect like auto up/down windows. I personally won’t buy a car without a sunroof, because even though I use it regularly, I like having it open on cooler days/nights. Plus panoramic sunroofs make the cabin feel instantly larger and less claustrophobic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks