Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2024, 13:22   #76
BHPian

Re: BHPian arrested because he drove his Force Gurkha on a flooded street | Delhi coaching class cas

Clearly, the driver's fault for not being born in an influential family. That would have gotten him out in hours with an essay.
siren373 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 13:27   #77
BHPian

Re: BHPian arrested because he drove his Force Gurkha on a flooded street | Delhi coaching class cas

Isnt the driver too trying to escape the floods. How can one be arrested for saving his own life. I think the case would not hold any merit in the court of law.

There should be better ways in which we can keep civic bodies (who clearly are at fault here) accountable.
SedanGuy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 13:30   #78
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Manuuj, man, really sorry to hear of this turmoil in your life. Please take a lot of care, stay strong, get the best legal help you can find and pray / meditate. This arrest & initial shock is the toughest part of such a case. This too, shall pass.

Just quoting this post again so it gets your attention:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
In case there’s anyone on this thread who is in touch with the family of Manuuj, please get in touch with me. I may be able to offer some assistance.
GTO is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 14:01   #79
BHPian

I am still searching for words to describe this stupidity, words which i currently have in mind cannot be used on this forum.

Pretty sure Manuuj will soon come out of this as there are no grounds for conviction but as they say about the Indian judicial system "the process itself is the punishment" , hope he is able to forget this experience as soon as possible.

Last edited by Gaur : 30th July 2024 at 14:27.
Gaur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 14:10   #80

This is utterly nonsense. How can a passing vehicle and driver be blamed for such an incident. If all of us here are of the same opinion and consider our tbhp member as innocent, I am sure anyone with common sense would have same views. I was discussing this amongst my friends and everyone was so annoyed and surprised on how a passing vehicle is found guilty of causing death due to negligence. As correctly described earlier, banana republic 🤦. I am sure manuuj will be released soon.
kisingb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 14:28   #81
Senior - BHPian

Considering that the matter is sub-Judice, this thread should be locked. All views expressed here, may be considered by the lawyer of the opposition to make matters weaker. Unless, we have anything to help Mannuj, we should not become key-board warriors.
amtak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 14:43   #82
Senior - BHPian

So sorry to say this here:

Twenty five years back, the billionaires initiated it as a trickle. Fifteen years later, the millionaires swelled it into a stream. Soon, it will resemble the mighty Amazon River.

What the first thing any person who can afford to own a decent car in India would do is, explore the options to leave the country if possible.

@manuuj, īn nīz bogzarad.
"This too shall pass."

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 30th July 2024 at 14:51.
sandeepmdas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 14:54   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Considering that the matter is sub-Judice, this thread should be locked. All views expressed here, may be considered by the lawyer of the opposition to make matters weaker. Unless, we have anything to help Mannuj, we should not become key-board warriors.
I believe, if there are no comments from him, his family or any technical details of case, this can't do any harm. As public, we are just expressing our concern for a fellow BHPian, and this is just our view. Also, if someone has good technical sense of video analysis , he/she can audit the video footage & may help his legal team in preparing better defense. However, that all should not be discussed here if that is anything but our opinion or frustration.

Hope he comes out soon.
Anki_252hp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 15:03   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Why it should be locked? There is no way our fellow member was at fault and we are going to be vocal about our support to him.

Also, brave of you to think that social media discussion has any value in actual court proceedings and by all fairness his lawyer might secure a bail for him in no time as he himself from a well to do family purely going by the cars he owns.
Chisels121 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 15:08   #85
BHPian

When I saw the video today morning I never thought it would be our fellow member’s Gurkha and here I am shocked looking at this thread now.

I hope everything returns to normal soon for our fellow BHPian. Stay strong!

Last edited by Shanksta : 30th July 2024 at 15:27.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 15:11   #86
BHPian

Can someone enlighten me on this here? I looked at the video posted in X.

I see from the posts that a gate got broken because of the waves created by the Gurkha. But, I'm unable to spot it in the video. The Gurkha is being driven from 1s to 15s in the video and I could see a guy in a red-tee going towards something - but, what is the claim by the Babus / Police / those "journo-judiciaries" ?

Secondly, may I ask this - the students were trapped in the basement of the building. How did the falling of the gate of the building have anything to do with the situation?

P.S: I'm really sorry if I touched any raw nerve here. I could not spot the issue in the video and hence these questions.

No matter what, I feel extremely bad for Manuuj. I'm one among the many who have seen him build the Gurkha. I have had many instances (rather, all of us would have) where I (we) had to drive thru' water-logged streets. I vividly remember doing once in 2010 in my humble Alto. Now, coming to think of how crazily the system can implicate us on to something which is absolutely unrelated to us - I shudder at the thought of this.

I just pray God to give Manuuj & his family the strength and required support to come through this.
callvvijay is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 15:18   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siren373 View Post
Clearly, the driver's fault for not being born in an influential family. That would have gotten him out in hours with an essay.
That's only for people who actually commit a crime.

Last edited by PreludeSH : 30th July 2024 at 15:19.
PreludeSH is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 15:45   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
A message to all the teens/college going kids/those in their late 20s, reading this thread : .
Applicable to anyone who is paying taxes, having EMIs, having kids who go out on the roads daily, have women in family who go out of house daily.

Quote:
- Plan to pack your bags out of the country at the earliest ( At 33 years, this is my biggest regret till date ). I didn't bother to plan to move out of India earlier..
I came out of my India with family (wife, 2 kids and a very old dad) to Dubai at age of 42 yrs, a new line of work completely unrelated skill/industry I was doing till the day before I took the flight.

Quote:
- Don't be optimistic about India's future. Nothing is going to change for a long time irrespective of who is going to rule. The system is rotten to the core and beyond repairable damage..
Little different thinking here, I am continuing to invest back home in various streams, there are somethings one cannot get sitting outside India, Dil se yaar, aisa mat bolo! Retirement has to be India for me.

Quote:
- If you're middle class, sorry to say this but there is nothing much you can do.
Isnt it the case everywhere, PS - 50% of 1 person (read middle class) Salary in Dubai can go towards rent/2 school fees. 25% can go towards food, rest towards car/license (lol).

Quote:
- Maintain network especially with the rich, powerful and the those in power. Period.
It is actually applicable in every part of the world. Remember even a light house on the edge of the land is useless if you are not buddies with the lineman and every diwali/dusheera.

On this thread topic - yes it is absurd they only arrested a TBhp/Thar friend.

They should have actually jailed all the trees and melted the gangotri & yamunotri to make them pay for all the rains and Yamuna.

They should penalize the Sun for the blazing summer.

Guess who they will penalize for the chilling Delhi winter - no not the moon, they will penalize sun for not coming out after 6pm. They cannot penalize the moon because the govt is asleep after 6pm.

Last edited by svsantosh : 30th July 2024 at 15:49.
svsantosh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 15:50   #89
BHPian

Before someone asks why was the Gurkha on the road, the first question tobe asked is why was the road flooded? Who is responsible for this flooding and had been responsible for the water accumulation? Was the basement legal? If yes, were there enough safety arrangements? if not, who is responsible?
Car-riedAway is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 17:12   #90
BHPian

I am flabbergasted.
So by this logic, why hasn’t anyone arrested the owner of Force Motors yet for manufacturing such a car which was able to create that tsunami?
Old_Salt is offline   (21) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks