Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2024, 11:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara sales cross the 2 lakh unit mark

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara sales have crossed the 2 lakh unit milestone in less than 2 years since its launch.

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara sales cross the 2 lakh unit mark-2022marutigrandvitara01-1.jpg

The new Grand Vitara was launched in the Indian market in September 2022. According to data shared by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), Maruti had sold 1,99,550 units of the Grand Vitara by the end of June 2024.
The first 1 lakh units of the Grand Vitara were sold in just 12 months following its launch, making it the fastest midsize SUV to achieve this milestone. The next 1 lakh units were sold in just 10 months.

In FY2023, Maruti sold 51,315 units of the Grand Vitara. In the following fiscal, this figure rose to 1,21,169 units. In FY2025, the carmaker has sold 27,066 units till now.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 26th July 2024 at 11:11.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 22:36   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara sales cross the 2 lakh unit mark

I'm not surprised. The car is actually very nice to own and drive. Smooth to drive in city. Excellent handling. Excellent on highway trips across states. Handles bad roads with aplomb. Comfortable over long drives. Good fuel economy. Last but not least, Maruti service is simply the best by a huge margin. I once had a serpentine belt wear out on my older car while driving between states on a long weekend holiday around 7pm. Maruti helpline directed me to the nearest authorised service center. Not only that, they got the service manager to also come to the service center which was closed (I reached there around 8pm). In around 30 minutes, the belt was replaced and i was back on the road. Its this type of customer service that makes Maruti my first choice always.
marutifan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 07:15   #3
BANNED

The Grand Vitara has been a best-seller ever since launch and it is the Mild-Hybrid variants that are selling the most, The Hybrids haven't been selling as much with customers preferring Toyota's Hybrid over Suzuki, that is primarily the reason why I think Maruti is now selling the Hybrid cheaper than Toyota, which was earlier not the case. Anyway Maruti has finally cracked the > 4 metre SUV space after all these years with the S-Cross being a disappointment as regards numbers were concerned, The Grand Vitara has left a good impression on the audience and it shows in its numbers.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 08:58   #4
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This is great milestone to achieve in about 22 months of launch of a new car. Most of Grand Vitara I have seen on the road are mild hybrids. The strong hybrid sales might be more under Toyota brand and guised as Urban Cruiser Hyryder.

Nexa salesperson are very enthusiastic based on few interactions I have had with them and know lot more about the products. I can't comment on Nexa service experience as I do not own a Maruti.

Grand Vitara mild hybrid has a good variant and features spread. The automatic gear box is available from Delta variant onwards which is 3rd from top and starts at ₹13.6 lakhs. The base variant comes with most of the features (except 6 airbags and rear wiper+washer). The mild hybrid automatic is not going to burn rubber on the highway or provide fast overtakes, but it provides smooth 6 speed reliable torque converter gearbox which is what fulfills needs of most people.
kgt.v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 09:50   #5
BHPian

I would like to know the battery life for the hybrid variants. I read somewhere in an abroad magazine that usual life for them is 8 years post which their battery performance degrades ( that is will run on petrol most of the time) and will warrant battery replacement. The same applies for the Camry hybrid also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks