Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2024, 04:16   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1 View Post
If nothing works, they'll just bring 20 people to court and ask them to name this car, to which they'll respond "Jeep". Hence proved.
Then the M&M attorney will cross question these 20 people to identify the camel hump line along the top of the middle door and they will say "not Jeep"
Jokes aside, the design is now growing over me and it looks alright now and as creatively illustrated by several posts here, the superficial styling aspects can be easily masked to suit one's preferences.

Overall a great product from M&M, kudos to them!
Just saw some offroading videos in the slush and the vehicle seems to have very good power to weight ratio and the ride also looks smooth(car like) on the tarmac.
Also the quality of the camera/screen looks good (read: no noticeable lag).

The overseas articles already have a statement from M&M to the following effect. So they are not even venturing into external markets for now (source)
“Our primary focus in the immediate future is on meeting the robust demand for the Thar Roxx within the India market,” said a Mahindra spokesperson.
“We appreciate the interest shown from international audience regarding Thar Roxx. We will provide updates as appropriate should there be any new developments regarding the Thar Roxx.”

A few more points about the interior aspects:
1. Low placement of the door speakers. Any 650mm water wading exercise would surely submerge those premium Harman Kardon door speakers.
2. The door pockets look puny. The speakers could have been placed a bit higher and the resulting feed up space could have been effectively utilized for a larger door pocket to accomodate atleast 1 liter bottles on all doors.
3. The bigger glove box is only provided with the AXL version. All other variants has that standard 3 door style puny glovebox. This inexpensive feature (read: larger glovebox) could have been standardized.
4. M&M could consider offering a high placed rear parcel shelf as an purchasable accessory that would enclose about 500 liters of concealed boot space (A good option while touring)
5. I'm assuming adaptive cruise control would only come with the AT version.
6. Hopefully the annoying engine start/stop feature can be disabled permanently if needed.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 17th August 2024 at 04:39.
for_cars1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 05:51   #1652
BHPian

Here's a basic idea of what the 5 door Thar might look like with the rear door hump extended over the front door.

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-psx_20240817_054155.jpg

And here's another edit with the C pillar in a conventional shape.

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-psx_20240817_054617.jpg
darkpython9 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 07:44   #1653
Senior - BHPian

So many pages filled in a day, shows the interest this car has generated.

Thar 5 door is equipped with a panoramic sunroof and I believe this is the reason why:

1. That bulging roof had to be designed.

2. That rear door had to be lifted up at the top.

I personally feel that the rear door being taller somewhat helps in concealing the black hump. Sitting at our computers, we are dissecting too much of it.

Great pricing, great features, great product!

For 4x4 activites --> get a 3 door Thar
For city use with family --> get a 5 door Thar

Shorter wheel base of 3 door Thar will always give it an edge for office roading. Thar 5 door is aimed at plugging the demand gap for a city Thar capable of complfortably hauling more than 2 people.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th August 2024 at 17:10. Reason: Typo. Please proof-read before submitting your post. Thanks.
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 08:23   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
My opinion (controversial as it maybe), that Mahindra might *very soon* discontinue the 3D Thar and sell only the 5D Thar RoXX in the lineup.

Reason being, that the 3D Thar sales would be cannibalized to a great extent, and will not find many takers. The only market for Thar 3D would be the hardcore offroaders, who are looking for a weekend lifestyle vehicle, and that too in the 4X4 avatar. And that would be less than 1% of total prospective Thar buyers.

So eventually (and it might be very soon, like by Q1 2025), Mahindra might offload all the existing stock of Thar 3D RWD completely, discontinue it and sell only the Thar 5D RWD/4WD and keep only a handful stock of Thar 3D 4WD till demand (whatsoever 1% is still there) for the niche segment and eventually stop it too.
I disagree with you here. There is actually a pretty big difference in terms of price. The 3D RWD Thar and 5D RWD Thar, in their top spec Petrol AT guises have a close to 7 lakh price difference right now. Plus, many people prefer the smaller size and compactness for city use and offroad as well.
I have booked a RWD 3D Thar and I am not affected by the 5D launch only because of it's size.

Mod Note: Our Mahindra Thar Roxx Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 17th August 2024 at 10:10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks