Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2024, 05:41   #1441
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post

Most people do not seem to be happy with the C pillar design but that is very easy fix using the vinyl sheets available cheaply at the car accessory shops:

Attachment 2641889
Was waiting for someone to do that!! OT: what app/software did you use to make it?
sainyamk95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 06:01   #1442
BHPian

This is the most feature rich, handsome, beautiful, pretty, masculine SUV ever. (Pardon me for not being, gender neutral here, we still have some time left before that sort of " western ideas" hits Indian Shores ). Booking on day one, without any idea, how to work out the finance part
TheM0nk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 06:48   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorablejim View Post
Sir, Incorrect.

P-SCR / LNT evolved to completely eliminate the additional cost of AdBlue and hence forced regen is necessary by running the engine at a higher RPM as rich fuel mixture converts NOx trapped in the catalyst washcoat to N2

SCR works by injecting AdBlue known as diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), into an exhaust stream, where it mixes with the exhaust gas. As the gas-reductant (AdBlue - 32.5% high ourity Urea + 67.5%) mixture passes through through a catalyst, a chemical reaction converts the NOx in the exhaust into nitrogen (N2), water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2).

If you are getting DPF clogged message in a SCR system, it could be an issue with the sensors or the EGR itself which in case the only option is to replace it.
DPF issues can happen on either type. Forced regen (manual) is usually an option given on LNT based engines - my personal experience with the Creta diesel.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 07:04   #1444
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Mahindra is hitting it out of the park, launch after launch. They’re handpicking every demography of potential customer and launching a product for them in the super lucrative 20 - 30 lakh segment.

- The design, though a bit disproportionate, is palatable

- This will bring a whole new set of people into their showrooms ( Creta, Seltos, Jimny �� )

- Mahindra has handed out a big fat booklet of “ how to launch a 5 door premium off roader” to Maruti

- Thank fully there is no resemblance to the OG Wrangler

- Similar to that of XUV 700, the top variant’s alloys are not that great looking. And am already imagining how this will look with big fat steel wheelies

- I think it’s a bitter pill, but Jimny owners, especially the first lot ones. Do you feel a tiny bit of regret ?

- Talking about regret, Mahindra - are you regretting the “butterfly” logo for your Macho SUVs?? Thankfully, I couldn’t spot even one on the Thar(s) front and back.

- Finally, Christmas time looks scary for Maruti. What is the range of discount being planned for Jimny?? Or will it meet the fate of S-Cross 1.6 ?

Last edited by Sk8r : 15th August 2024 at 07:23. Reason: One more point
Sk8r is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 07:57   #1445
Distinguished - BHPian

First Look Video:

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 08:01   #1446
BHPian

Bang on pricing by Mahindra The AT 2WD model would be perfect for those who don't want off-roading with daily commutes and occasional long runs. Going by the current pricing of the ROXX, the 3 door variants should see a price correction to accommodate the ROXX base variants. With the hugely improved suspension setup and feature list, most buyers (esp. family) will prefer the 5-door variant only. The wait period will be long and this could benefit other models (XUV7OO, ScorpioN) to be readily available off the shelf!

Last edited by AG86 : 15th August 2024 at 08:11. Reason: Further data addition.
Old 15th August 2024, 08:08   #1447
BHPian

Just saw the videos and said hello to the perfect upgrade from my 2016 Scorpio S10 automatic. Hello Thar Roxx Petrol 4WD Auto in (Nardo) Grey.

As tempting as it may be RIGHT NOW, I'll be giving it till next year before biting the bullet to get v2.0 with all the initial niggles and gremlins sorted.

HELLO ROXX!
s4ch is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 08:14   #1448
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorablejim View Post
Sir, Incorrect.

P-SCR / LNT evolved to completely eliminate the additional cost of AdBlue and hence forced regen is necessary by running the engine at a higher RPM as rich fuel mixture converts NOx trapped in the catalyst washcoat to N2

SCR works by injecting AdBlue known as diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), into an exhaust stream, where it mixes with the exhaust gas. As the gas-reductant (AdBlue - 32.5% high ourity Urea + 67.5%) mixture passes through through a catalyst, a chemical reaction converts the NOx in the exhaust into nitrogen (N2), water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2).

If you are getting DPF clogged message in a SCR system, it could be an issue with the sensors or the EGR itself which in case the only option is to replace it.
Although this topic has a whole other dedicated thread where we can discuss it, let me quickly say, with all due respect, you are mistaken. DPF is for trapping the particulate matter in the exhaust, and SCR/LNT is for reducing NOx. Any car with DPF running short driving cycles will have to do forced REGEN at some point. And the assumption that SCR was designed to eliminate the need for forced REGEN is wrong.
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 08:27   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Pratap Bose seems to have found the set square he lost in school

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-c65034bf2e2d55f603589d8f00589a58.jpg

Jokes apart, it looks lovely from all other angles except the side view. The grill and the set square are the two eyesores for me, both of which can be fixed easily, if I ever buy one.

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-gu9f1rpx0aalbh9.jpg

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-gu9eiwexgai8o6r.jpg

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-gu9gqcxwgaanngq.jpg

In a way, I'm super glad that Roxx doesn't look like Thar 3 door. And after seeing the Roxx, I'm loving my Thar even more now. That timeless styling would remain.

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-20240815_083021.jpg

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-20240815_083331.jpg

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-20240815_083450.jpg

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 15th August 2024 at 08:36.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 08:46   #1450
BHPian

Fantastic pricing no doubt! Gonna hit the resale value of 3d Thar.
As a 3-door Thar owner, I am hoping all the squids/ wannabee kind of people will now gravitate towards the new more flashy toy.
Hopefully, Thar 3 Door will join back the league of Jeeps/GyspsyJimny/old MMs. (It's not about the car/bike, but about the people who drive/ride them).
ambarkhan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 08:54   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG86 View Post
Bang on pricing by Mahindra The AT 2WD model would be perfect for those who don't want off-roading with daily commutes and occasional long runs. Going by the current pricing of the ROXX, the 3 door variants should see a price correction to accommodate the ROXX base variants. With the hugely improved suspension setup and feature list, most buyers (esp. family) will prefer the 5-door variant only. The wait period will be long and this could benefit other models (XUV7OO, ScorpioN) to be readily available off the shelf!
The 3 door Thar has been selling a strong 5K-6k on a monthy basis at it's current price. I don't think Mahindra needs to correct the price for 3 door Thar even if gets cannibalized. As long as the customer stays in the showroom, cross shopping is encouraged.

Having said that, if Mahindra managed to nail the ride quality of 5 door Thar, it is pretty much the default pick in the segment if one can get past the looks. Personally, I love it and for me, it's already better than all the raised hatchbacks masquerading as SUV's.

A full blooded 4x4 SUV with great engines, that has all the w-o-w features - panoramic sunroof, ventilated seats etc. Slap a luxury badge on 5 door Thar and it would be selling for 50 lakhs.
Doonite is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 08:57   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard_storme View Post
Is the pricing for the base petrol lower than the current 3 door Petrol?
Current 3 door LX Petrol 2WD HT is 14.09 Ex showroom and that's the only petrol variant I can find in 2WD.
It is Automatic that is why … add an extra lac for the auto transmission too
Old 15th August 2024, 09:03   #1453
Distinguished - BHPian

Thar Roxx media drive begins:

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-screenshot-20240815-090139.png

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-screenshot-20240815-090110.png

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-gu_ji0bwiaakyzw.jpg

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-gu_jilswiaamliu.jpg

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-gu_n7ekwoaa69b.jpg

Link:

First look details:

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th August 2024 at 09:31.
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 09:11   #1454
BHPian

Awesome product and superb pricing.

I was waiting to buy a new car since long and this was one of the awaited ones, but already purchased another car last month. Though my budget was limited still would have gladly stretched it to buy Thar Roxx.

Any regrets when Basalt launched ? No
Any regrets when Curvv launched ? No
Any regrets when Jimny discounts 3.5 lacs came ? No
Any regrets when Thar Roxx launched starting Rs. 12.99 ? YES YES YES

This is a product which gives the macho look while providing a family feel, space and feature set, which most including me want. I got mileage, service, space everything in my latest car purchase compromising on the looks factor. This Thar Roxx wins hands down in meeting all that along with the WOW element.
I would have gladly stretched my already stretched budget for this, so you can understand the impact this has made on me and on millions of others.

Regret ? - Offcourse
Thar Roxx rocks ? - 100%

Last edited by xway : 15th August 2024 at 09:19. Reason: budget
xway is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 09:18   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Trust Mahindra to mess up the only part of the design that they actually designed and not copied wholesale from Jeep this time - that weird triangle window. It might appeal to families but I will take the 3 door over this anyday.

P.S. That six pack grille is weird too.
extreme_torque is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed