Soft touch dashboard
All white interior
10.25" Touchscreen
Digital Instrument cluster
Panoramic sunroof
Leather seats
Auto AC
LED Reading lights
So Mahindra will likely have 4x4 top end of Roxx, Scorpio N and XUV 700 all in the 23-25 lac bracket looks like...
vij is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 12:09   #1247
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar

I have got a feeling that M&M might correct the Thar pricing inline along with Thar Roxx after initial response.

If it really happens; then M&M can have both these models going with choice and price match up.

Cheers
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 12:14   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
To put it simply Im just saying majority of owners wont take it off-road, only the enthusiasts like us. For most the Thar Roxx will be more of a style statement. And why not? It has that character and aspirational value
Completely agree to this statement. I am one of those looking at this more for the looks and the style quotient, and 99.99% sure I will never go off roading, intentionally at least.

This might very well be the next thing I get my hands on, couple of years down the line.
dass is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 12:28   #1249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
So Mahindra will likely have 4x4 top end of Roxx, Scorpio N and XUV 700 all in the 23-25 lac bracket looks like...
Creta is ~25L+ in Bangalore and Its a smash hit success, I`m guessing there is another 2-3L to be extracted from that same wallet comfortably

They both have perhaps the same length bumper to bumper, Sunroof, branded audio - M&M just have to release the price of MT 2WD variants and then open the booking.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 13:10   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Creta is ~25L+ in Bangalore and Its a smash hit success,
Majority of the Creta sales come from the base to mid variants which are than spruced up 'Base to top' at Karol Bagh and similar accessory shops across the country.

The takers for absolute top-end variants, say above 20 L INR will be a small percentage.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 13:28   #1251

Looking at the features offered with the Roxx, it is going to be another blockbuster by Mahindra if priced well. With all those features, it looks like Mahindra is aiming at sales figures instead of keeping the Thar nameplate unadulterated and a niche hardcore lifestyle vehicle.

- If you want luxury, you have the XUV700
- If you want a hardcore off-roader, you have the 3 door Thar
- If you want the practicality and luxury of the XUV700 along with the abilities of the Thar, you have the Scorpio N as the middle ground. (Sorry, why was Roxx needed?)
- If you want added practicality with the ruggedness of the Thar, the Roxx should have been the answer. (Which clearly is not the case)

It's very confusing where exactly the Roxx would slot in the existing lineup of Mahindras. Looking forward to seeing in the flesh!
G13BB is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 13:51   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I am surprised by the interest in the name Armada, to me it was a utility vehicle which showed how far behind Mahindra was in comparison to other OEMs in India. Not taking away the reality - even though far behind in terms of R&D, the vehicle in itself was very hardy & dependable.

There are some other names from that Era that can be resurrected - Sierra is one, another one being - Gypsy

So Armada may be a poor choice, it would be Similar to relaunching Sumo or Indica.
Both Tata INDICA and SUMO were two of the most successful models in the the History of Indian Automotive Industry.

Tata SUMO launched in 1994 saw a great sales success and more than 1 Lakh units were on the road in just a matter of 3 years. Remember this was in the 90's. Several variants of the Sumo were introduced during its lifecyle which ended in 2019.

Tata Sumo DELUXE TURBO
Tata Sumo SPACIO
Tata Sumo SPACIO ST (For rural markets)
Tata Sumo SPACIO 4WD
Tata Sumo SPACIO GOLD PLUS
Tata Sumo VICTA
Tata Sumo VICTA TURBO DI
Tata Sumo GOLD CR4 DICOR
Tata Sumo GRANDE

Tata Sumo quickly captured a major segment of the utility automobile market in India. It was even exported. Some variants even had CD and MP3 player with a Dual Zone AC.

Tata Sierra and Tata Sumo shared the same mechanicals while the latter outsold and outlived Sierra.

Tata Indica was India’s home grown first indigenous car which sold an impressive 15 Lakh cars in 226 months. Within a week of its unveiling, Tata Motors received 115,000 bookings for the car and in two years, the Indica had become the number-one car in its segment.

Indica was the first Tata to have a monocoque chassis, first Tata to have a “body in white”, first Tata to be designed keeping aerodynamics in mind and the first Tata with a transversely mounted front engine, front wheel drive layout.

Tata has sold 14,69,038 units of the Indica hatchback variants and was the best selling car by an ‘Indian OEM' with its highest sales in a month being 15,283 units in March 2007 almost equivalent to the monthly sales of many Maruti models today.

Indica established Tata Motors as a frontrunner and a forerunner in the race to be one of the best Indian OEM.

INDICA and SUMO are two nameplates definitely worth to be RESURRECTED. Both of these are not just a part of history but are EMOTIONS.

Mahindra ARMADA was introduced as a SUV in 1993 and the luxurious version of the vehicle was laucnhed in 1998 christened as ARMADA GRAND which had flat roofline, reactangular headlamps and a fibreglass grille.

In 2000 Auto Expo the ARMADA GRAND LX was showcased which had a completely new design front-end, independent front suspension (on two-wheel drive models), a five-speed gearbox and much improved sound insulation. It was considered more upscale which went on sale in August 2000 as the Mahindra BOLERO.

Mahindra has sold more than 14 Lakh units of the Bolero till date (excluding NEO) with more than 1 Lakh units being sold in the year 2023 alone which is a testimony to its nature of being tough, versatile and dependable. Classic Bolero has a sales growth of an average 20% YoY.

Police departments, the Army, paramilitary forces, forest, irrigation, public works, municipal corporations or be it any government department - the BOLERO is a companion.

The name ARMADA is definitely worth to be RESURRECTED !

Look at the resemblance both ARMADA and the ROXX have (pics courtsey Armada : Charan from Team-BHP and ROXX from Overdrive)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-rsemblance.jpg  

Last edited by Adorablejim : 6th August 2024 at 13:57. Reason: Grammar Mistake & Spelling Mistake. Forgot Courtsey for pic
Adorablejim is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 15:38   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13BB View Post
- If you want luxury, you have the XUV700
- If you want a hardcore off-roader, you have the 3 door Thar
- If you want the practicality and luxury of the XUV700 along with the abilities of the Thar, you have the Scorpio N as the middle ground. (Sorry, why was Roxx needed?)
- If you want added practicality with the ruggedness of the Thar, the Roxx should have been the answer. (Which clearly is not the case)
Thar ROXX only exists due to overwhelming response to Thar 3 door and M&M saw an opportunity to encash the craze further by creating Rubicon look alike. But while mimicking Rubicon they tried to keep engineering costs minimal by adopting Scorpio-N platform and hence we have unibody shell for Thar ROXX and that weirdly designed C and D pillar.
varunswnt is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 16:22   #1254
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
they tried to keep engineering costs minimal by adopting Scorpio-N platform and hence we have unibody shell for Thar ROXX
Scorpio N is Unibody? Can you re-confirm that?
Old 6th August 2024, 18:10   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Scorpio N is Unibody? Can you re-confirm that?
Scorpio N, Thar 3 door, Scorpio Classic are B-O-F SUVs.

Just noticed in Mahindra's website, that they're going to reveal the prices of Thar ROXX on the 15th itself.

Quote:
What is the starting price of the THAR ROXX?

The starting price of the much-awaited Thar ROXX will be revealed this Independence Day, 15th August 2024. To ensure you're among the first to receive the latest news and updates, register your interest using the form above.

Last edited by sharmanova : 6th August 2024 at 18:15.
sharmanova is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 19:09   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Unofficially asked for the top end Thar Black color 4x4 or whatever spec the topmost is to be given to me in the first batch and this will be done. I did get one of the first Thar's when it arrived and just in time as 3 years get completed this one comes. Have asked for a trade in and will exchange the current one I have 2020 model Thar Diesel AT 4x4 HT

I love the Thar and have driven it for more than 35000 kms in a small town not taken not ever to the highway or off-roading.

But the one thing I missed badly was that the Thar could never be used as a drivers car to pick up and drop people and ladies and kids to various obligations and this one then ticks the list. I know at least 7-8 people in my circle who have already nodded there head to the Thar 5 door.

The new add-on features are welcome and what used to be an absolute boring interior finally get a bit spruced up much wanted these days- just hope they function well
vkochar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 19:24   #1257
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmanova View Post
Scorpio N, Thar 3 door, Scorpio Classic are B-O-F SUVs.

Just noticed in Mahindra's website, that they're going to reveal the prices of Thar ROXX on the 15th itself.
It would be great if Mahindra reveals price of all variants of Thar-5 door on 15th August. I asked salesperson who I have interacted for XUV700 booking and he said price might be revealed on 15th August, but he is keeping his mouth shut on engine specifications. Personally, I think Mahindra may reveal price of few variants only (like they did for XUV700), open the bookings, get order book filled for at least a year and, in the meantime, reveal pricing of all variants in a span of one month from 15th August, so that people can switch between variants as prices are revealed.

Mahindra has got solid hold of SUV market and are capitalizing with new launch almost every year. I would like to learn from the team running Mahindra's product management. Their product lifecycles are set for next couple of years. Every year Mahindra has successful launch, where they get so many orders that delivery timelines extend up to 1 year. By next year, there is another model or facelift ready for launch to keep the order book full without spending lot effort on sales.
kgt.v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 20:57   #1258
BHPian

Mahindra has got most of the things right, in-line with the current trend of cars in the 20L to 30L price bracket. If only Mahindra can price it competitive and get the variants right, I am almost sold on my next car!
Old 6th August 2024, 21:02   #1259

The absence of ADAS and Sony 3D speakers indicates that the THAR ROXX is targeting the Creta price bracket. In my opinion, the top-end 4x4 D AT price will be below 20 lakhs (of course, introductory price!).
Old 6th August 2024, 22:43   #1260
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoRa View Post
The absence of ADAS and Sony 3D speakers indicates
And where did you get this from?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks