Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2024, 10:58   #1186
BHPian

Re: Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!

Do dealer have an advantage while making a pre-booking? Or should we wait for the online portal to open?

During the 3-door RWD launch, all the dealers themselves were making booking through the customer portal

Please suggest!
Old 2nd August 2024, 10:58   #1187
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
I guess this is what we all have done with Thar 3 door over the past 4 years.
True that though many dislike the new Thar, personally I liked the product and platform. Especially coming from an old Thar it was a huge jump for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Indians do love driving and travelling and vehicles that give the pleasure of it. One of the reasons why Jimny failed.
I will disagree, apart from the power factor (rather lack of it), Jimny is a very refined, involved vehicle and comfortable.

Jimny failed coz of very bad product placement. It should have been launched and priced as a revolution for the hill country. Instead they went Yupie life style . We all can do basic math, just count the population for both target and who would have really spent and bought a jimny (priced right)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
Indian buyer's SUV image is more perceptive and less functional. We associate a big, bulky intimidating design, a bigger engine with SUV tag which Jimny fails to satisfy, it does not have that aspirational value. A small frame, a puny engine and an overall persona which intimidates no one on road vs the image of Thar.
Persona I agree to an extend, and yes it was difficult to comprehend in my head also why I would like a Jimny when I could pick a butch Thar at couple of lakhs more.

Quote:
Even after discounts of more than 3 lac, Jimny failed to generate volume.
It has to be 9 to 12 lakhs ON THE ROAD if it has to make volume. Not a penny more.

Quote:
I think Mahindra have understood this very well and hence they design the vehicles which may be lacking in many aspects but clicks the right nerve of Indian buyer and stoke that emotion and we are OK to wait for years, pay price premium and still deal with many mechanical and software glitches afterwards.
Plus launch pricing, it's a sad fact they always hike the price over a period of time. But then that is a crime that the whole industry thrives on, now people have taken it as the norm lol

Quote:
For most of us Indian, buying a car carries a lot of emotional value and we prefer that over functional and grey cell matter
This is still a very small minority or else this country would not have Maruti as best seller. But yes for many it is still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Yes. I think people overestimate just how much machine they need for relatively simple tasks. Unless your daily commute involves driving through a paddy field and climbing up a rocky hill with no roads, you don’t technically “need” a hardcore off-roader.
100% true, living with a raised SUV is not at all easy. Especially if you have elderly folks at home. May look cool but it is not practical at all. That way a Jimny is far more practical as a daily drive Vs Thar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu1058 View Post
Side profile spy pics (Source - Rushlane)
For a change black does not look good, grey with black top render combo looks awesome instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0id2003 View Post
Absolutely true , its just that I am not a fan of the body roll that comes with BOF vehicles. It just robs away my confidence.
You are not alone, I know few in my close quarters who would not even go near even Fortuner coz of this. But fact is modern cars are evolving rather well, dynamics have changed by leaps and bounds even for body on frame platforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
I just fail to understand the need for having a step in the roof line which makes the 2nd door look an inch above the front door.
That is needed for head room + provision for sun/moon roof I guess.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd August 2024 at 11:13.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 11:08   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You are not alone, I know few in my close quarters who would not even go near even Fortuner coz if this. But fact is modern cars are evolving rather well, dynamics have changed by leaps and bounds even for body on frame platforms.
We did take a test drive for the Scorpio N last year but the nose dive & body roll put a bad taste in our mouths. It was not at all enjoyable for us to drive
V0id2003 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 11:16   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanemate View Post
Side view, undisguised. Looks much better in the ad! But such photos often don't do justice.

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-th...-12502662.html
On a lighter note, "INTEHAA HO GAYII INTEZAAR KI". As they say why change something that works

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-20240802_111112.jpg
TheM0nk is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 11:52   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Do dealer have an advantage while making a pre-booking? Or should we wait for the online portal to open?

During the 3-door RWD launch, all the dealers themselves were making booking through the customer portal

Please suggest!
I had also evinced interest on the website and got call from M&M customer care and then from Randhawa Motors Mumbai. Saying 21k booking amount, will give priority.

But does this priority ever happen?

Also, saying waiting period will be 4-5 months and not 1 year. Not sure if it is just a random guess. I said I feel it will be 1 year, she said sir even 3XO doesn't have that kind of waiting. Yeah right, like people were waiting like crazy for 3XO.
sanemate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 12:15   #1191
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The roof above driver cabin area is more inclined towards front than expected or seen in the camouflaged test car
Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-screenshot-20240802-121112.png
How is the single pane moonroof or full panoramic sunroof going to fit flush with this roof structure?

Single pane moonroof of XUV 3XO AX5
Name:  Screenshot 20240802 120137.png
Views: 262
Size:  107.0 KB

Single pane moonroof of XUV 3XO AX7
Name:  Screenshot 20240802 120209.png
Views: 248
Size:  110.6 KB

Single pane moonroof of Scorpio-N
Name:  Screenshot 20240802 120320.png
Views: 258
Size:  160.7 KB
kgt.v8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 12:28   #1192
BHPian

May be I should wait till the launch to see the car in person. Based on the latest pics, somehow:

- Wrangler justifies why it’s an aspirational product.
- Fortuner for double the price of Roxx seems like a value product
- And, Thar 3 door is any day hands down a looker
sheelapratosh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 12:54   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
I had also evinced interest on the website and got call from M&M customer care and then from Randhawa Motors Mumbai. Saying 21k booking amount, will give priority.

But does this priority ever happen?

Also, saying waiting period will be 4-5 months and not 1 year. Not sure if it is just a random guess. I said I feel it will be 1 year, she said sir even 3XO doesn't have that kind of waiting. Yeah right, like people were waiting like crazy for 3XO.
Just as with other vehicles, all the waiting will be Dealer and M&M Created and not really a demand-supply issue. So don't worry, if the price is too high (relative to the value), there shall be no waiting. If the price is very aggressive, they may see more bookings at start. Otherwise, it will be BAU.

That 21K ask will only be a hook for the fist to stay entangled. No guarantee that this 21K will provide any real priority.
sunilch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 13:11   #1194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
May be I should wait till the launch to see the car in person. Based on the latest pics, somehow:

- Wrangler justifies why it’s an aspirational product.
- Fortuner for double the price of Roxx seems like a value product
- And, Thar 3 door is any day hands down a looker
Since many years, this product launch was pending - the whole industry knew about when it was coming. So Force and Stellantis released their vehicles a bit ahead of time to ensure no clash with Thar.

But looking at the vehicle, I think both of those companies can announce discount and sell of whatever remaining stocks quickly before this goes on sale.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 16:03   #1195
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
So Force and Stellantis released their vehicles a bit ahead of time to ensure no clash with Thar.
1 - I do believe the launch of 5 door Thar will bring in more customers to Gurkha and Jimny to some extent. More so for Gurkha, which with it's macho looks might steal away few customers.

2 - Stellantis and 5 door Thar's target audience are entirely different to a large extent. I see no big impact on their sales ( or the lack of it ).

End of day, competition is always good for the common man. And in this case, I really wish few more sales for the 5 door Gurkha. If only Force brings in an Automatic variant and heats things up.
Sk8r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 17:28   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Side view, undisguised. Looks much better in the ad! But such photos often don't do justice.
Exactly, it was looking better in the ads. Here it looks some what odd.
If this is the final design to be launched, then surely many will not be impressed with the looks.

Compared to Roxx,Jimny,Gurkha or the likes, the looks of 3 door Thar is still the best.

Hope it looks much better with other angle,colours and variants. Waiting for the launch now.
Old 2nd August 2024, 18:04   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Compared to Roxx,Jimny,Gurkha or the likes, the looks of 3 door Thar is still the best.

Hope it looks much better with other angle,colours and variants. Waiting for the launch now.

Let all the early birds rush to get the five door and I will gladly pick up a low mileage three door thar that would have been swapped out.

Last edited by pandabear : 2nd August 2024 at 18:06.
pandabear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 18:55   #1198

Cant conclude without the original pictures coming out, but I feel this to be a let down for me with the side profile and the roof. Now, I got a weird feeling the bolero classic looks good to me?
Rajeshkumark82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 20:40   #1199

As soon as the name was revealed, I had to scroll 15-16 pages here to read more about the car, the actual product.

In my opinion, irrespective of whatever the name is, the general public will call it Thar and only Thar. At best they will add 5-door to distinguish it. If I own it, I will say I have a Thar. If someone will probe further I might say the new 5-door one. Be it Armada or Roxx, I might not go beyond thar.

Thar is a tried and tested product. Irrespective of what it is named, if they get few things right, they will have the numbers.

After all "what's in a name"?

A decent boot space is a must.
A good ingres and egress is a must (doubtful after the spy shots).

Dealers have been called for a boot camp and training session on 7th August. More information will be made available around that time.
thedeepakbaid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 22:15   #1200
BHPian

Why on earth haven't they gone with a gutter design for the roof?
Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-images-5.jpeg
The Gwagon, Jimny, Gurkha all have them!
All things would have been easily covered!
H Karter is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks