Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2024, 16:21   #1111
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
It is indeed a panoramic sunroof but I’m wondering how’s it possible with a fiber roof.
Fiber roof? Thar 5 door is based on Scorpio N and is getting normal car like roof with complete inner roof lining like all standard cars
AMG1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 16:57   #1112
BHPian

it is sad to see M&M which once had iconic ads like the Live Young, Live Free, now pandering and dumbing down their communication.

(11 million views for the record, since im sure the new brand managers at M&M are looking at useless metrics like - reach and engagement)

Starting with the really poorly named Thar Roxx !! (BD Sir i wish you were still here, your reactions would have been priceless. RIP Sir)

Its so ironic as first and second generation Thar owners (CRDE variant), we kept waiting for M&M to upgrade the Thar. And when they did with the launch of the Thar 2020 (an amazing product), they became hell bent on diluting the brand value with cheap commericials like these and the previous- Mera sapno ki rani ad.

I was a Mahindra customer for 15 years, from 2007 to 2022 and now i am so glad i dont drive one of these.
Ksingh544 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 19:59   #1113

I like the design of thar. It is also very fun to drive, not in the traditional sense but in a very compact, punchy, dramatic way. Although I have driven it only briefly, it is one car/suv that I like. But if the five-door thar is going to be the same width as the current thar I doubt it will look as good because of the increased length.
drumbrakes is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 21:33   #1114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
I was a Mahindra customer for 15 years, from 2007 to 2022 and now i am so glad i dont drive one of these.
The Ad may not be to everyone's taste but here is a company who has taken the effort to shoot the ad near my hometown - Fortkochi (Malayalam ad of ROXX) and then also in Dhanushkodi (Tamil ad of ROXX).

Release Kannada & Telugu Ad too and plenty of people out here will appreciate the efforts
Kosfactor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 09:32   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakeDancer View Post
Wow. The ad is a lot of cringe. What's funny is that I totally expected Mahindra to do this.
Agreed. They make some of the best vehicles in the country and some of the worst ads.

I am glad that I decided to mute it (like all other Mahindra ads).

On the other hand, look how good the Curvvy ad was. They could have just shot the 5D moving around a trail in terrible weather with some nice color grading.
I can bet that the marketing squad is run by people around my age!

This is what happens when you have people with no love for cars making adverts.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 09:41   #1116
BHPian

Re: Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!

Folks, do we know if the 1.5 litre version (from the Thar RWD) is coming as well? Or is it just the 2000cc petrol & diesel ?
SithDefender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 10:10   #1117
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithDefender View Post
Folks, do we know if the 1.5 litre version (from the Thar RWD) is coming as well? Or is it just the 2000cc petrol & diesel ?
If at all, we should wish it to come with the 2.2 mhawk 2WD like the ScorpioN

1.5 on the 3 D makes sense because it qualifies for the sub 4 rule.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 10:20   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithDefender View Post
Autocar did confirm that the 1.5 is coming. No confirmation on the state of tune and transmission options. I really hope a torque converter is introduced with the 1.5, it might become one of their most selling variants.
ashutoshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 10:33   #1119
BHPian

I took a test drive of Thar 3-door automatic couple of days back. The salesperson was not too interested, but he indicated ready stock for 3-door.

I indicated to him that I am interested in 5-door only as 3-door as ergonomics issue for me. The SA said 5-door is most likely going to come with 2-liter diesel and petrol engines at launch time. The launch price could be closer to 20 lakh. He did not know if RWD (rear wheel drive) only will be available at launch time.

The new ad is nowhere close to invoke and evoke emotions as "Live young, Live free" ads of the past. Tata has better ad for Curvv EV compared to Thar-5 door ads.
kgt.v8 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 10:56   #1120
Senior - BHPian

I’m curious to see how the 4 door Thar’s prices will change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard_storme View Post
It'lle be a sureshot winner for M&M though the name sounds cringe (THAR was a mature name; Roxx feels like someone out of college named it)
No 21-24 year old thinks that’s a “cool” name in 2024. It’s more like some uncle stuck in the early 2000’s named it!
TheHelix0202 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 11:12   #1121
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
I’m curious to see how the 4 door Thar’s prices will change.
It’s more like some uncle stuck in the early 2000’s named it!
eww, the Uncle humor is so 'Desi" in a country where every much-elder stranger from milkman to watchman is an Uncle. No wonder, its dreaded so much, yet used so much
vij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 12:51   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Panoramic sunroof confirmed
I hope and pray this is optional. Not a safe option in mountains, risk of shooting stones is high.

Plus it is an additional hassle if even a clinker hits and causes a small pinhole, you have no option but to change it.

I know it is controversial but I believe structural and torsional rigidity is compromised by such big hollow space unless data proves otherwise.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 13:31   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
I hope and pray this is optional. Not a safe option in mountains, risk of shooting stones is high.

Plus it is an additional hassle if even a clinker hits and causes a small pinhole, you have no option but to change it.
I completely agree on this. Sunroof should be optional feature on off road car like Thar.
Mahindra can introduce “Select” variant (similar to XUV700) but this time have Select variant without sunroof. Something like
1) “Z8 Select” without sunroof
2) Z8 variant with Z8S features + sunroof
3) “Z8L Select” with 360 camera + ADAS + no sunroof
4) Z8L with Z8L features + sunroof

Thar 5-door will have more varied user base as compared to 3-door, so it would be beneficial to have more variants for customers to choose. Having “Z” variants would make it standard variant names for BOF SUVs in Mahindra stable.
kgt.v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 14:42   #1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Nice teaser though. Really building the momentum! All three windows seem squares! (or rectangles)
Sadly, that's not the case. I wanted a rectangular or square window too, but it appears to be an upside-down right-angle triangle based on the teaser.

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-screenshot-337.png\

Sorry for the poor image quality.
armaaan.in is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 17:03   #1125
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
I completely agree on this. Sunroof should be optional feature on off road car like Thar.

Thar 5-door will have more varied user base as compared to 3-door, so it would be beneficial to have more variants for customers to choose. Having “Z” variants would make it standard variant names for BOF SUVs in Mahindra stable.
This is something I have been thinking too, if they want to give a sunroof, make it an optional feature, not something which you have to get if you want the top-end. The idea of a top-end variant with and without a sunroof makes more sense, Just like soft-top and hard-top variants of the same top-end model.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks