Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2024, 10:48   #826
BANNED

Re: Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Good question but:

A. I believe it belongs to the existing thar thread. Here's the link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...al-review.html (Mahindra Thar : Official Review)
Super thanks. Posted in the original thread too.
And I agree on your point but still would love to keep the spare wheel hidden from weather to keep it more safe.
Old 12th June 2024, 11:08   #827

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtRao View Post
The alloys design is also changed & now are diamond cut - size is however the same as before.
New 18 inch diamond cut alloy wheel design of thar 5 door is on sale in an aftermatket shop in Delhi

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-screenshot_20240612_101116_youtube.jpg

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-20240612_105354.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 12th June 2024 at 11:30. Reason: Fixing broken quote
GtRao is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 12:22   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakubKC View Post
Was searching for updates on the Thar 5 door and noticed that the Mahindra website mentions the Thar as a 4 and 6 seater SUV. Any thoughts on these numbers?
I believe this is an old ad copy for the 3 door Thar itself, as it came with bench seats earlier (on some AX trims). This was discontinued after NCAP issues.
nimishlalwani is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 14:48   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakubKC View Post
Was searching for updates on the Thar 5 door and noticed that the Mahindra website mentions the Thar as a 4 and 6 seater SUV. Any thoughts on these numbers?
I think its due to old SEO data. The new Thar AX did came in side facing seats as 6 seater option.
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 22:00   #830
Bit
BHPian

Quote:
New 18 inch diamond cut alloy wheel design of thar 5 door is on sale in an aftermatket shop in Delhi

Attachment 2616087

Attachment 2616088
"Taalaab khuda nahi magarmachh pahle aa gae "

Loosely translated: The Lake hasn’t been dug yet and the crocodiles are already hovering

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th June 2024 at 13:15. Reason: Added translation for vernacular sentence.
Bit is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 15:53   #831
BHPian

Spotted the 4-door Thar in full camo in Coimbatore today. Since I was on a traffic couldn't click any pictures. Even my wife identified it's Thar.

Looking at it, my wife said "Why don't they put some nice stickers on this car. It looks dirty and not good. Something bright would have been good on the car". I was like Yeah!
xcentrk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 16:27   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
Spotted the 4-door Thar in full camo in Coimbatore today. Since I was on a traffic couldn't click any pictures. Even my wife identified it's Thar.

Looking at it, my wife said "Why don't they put some nice stickers on this car. It looks dirty and not good. Something bright would have been good on the car". I was like Yeah!
Even I spotted it a few days back in Coimbatore
YashOjha15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 20:56   #833
BHPian

Quote:
New 18 inch diamond cut alloy wheel design of thar 5 door is on sale in an aftermarket shop in Delhi

The older Thar wheels looks much better
The Pianist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 17:51   #834
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...level-2-431973

THAR latest update

Last edited by VRSriram : 20th June 2024 at 17:53.
VRSriram is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 10:58   #835
BHPian

Per Autocar India website “The ADAS level 2 safety features may include lane-keep assist, blind-spot monitoring, forward-collision warning and assistance”

Blind spot monitoring is not available on even XUV700 so how can we expect the same on lower segment vehicle? Also the spyshots near ARAI facility shows no cameras on ORVM’s.
Old 21st June 2024, 11:22   #836
Bit
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Per Autocar India website “The ADAS level 2 safety features may include lane-keep assist, blind-spot monitoring, forward-collision warning and assistance”

Blind spot monitoring is not available on even XUV700 so how can we expect the same on lower segment vehicle? Also the spyshots near ARAI facility shows no cameras on ORVM’s.
XUV 700 has something that is called Blind Spot Detection, which many news publications refer to different names, such as Blind Spot Monitoring, Blind view monitoring, blind view detection etc. Even Mahindra officially calls this feature as "Blind View Monitoring" on their youtube channel:

I understand that the actual "Blind Spot Monitoring" might be a totally different thing but we live in a country where all detergent is universally called as "Surf", all vegetable oil is called as "Dalda" and all mopeds used to be called as "Luna", I wouldn't bother too much about the vernacular nomenclature in India.

Last edited by Bit : 21st June 2024 at 11:23.
Bit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 12:21   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I understand that the actual "Blind Spot Monitoring" might be a totally different thing but we live in a country where all detergent is universally called as "Surf", all vegetable oil is called as "Dalda" and all mopeds used to be called as "Luna", I wouldn't bother too much about the vernacular nomenclature in India.
When it comes to the functionality, there is day and night difference between Blind spot monitoring and Blind view monitoring. The former utilizes 2 sets of radar modules for the function to work and it’s active all the time. The same set of radar modules used for Rear cross traffic alert as well. Since Mahindra doesn’t use rear radar modules, XUV700 doesn’t have Rear cross traffic alert. Blind View monitoring just use the ORVM camera feed to instrument cluster which is only available when you turn on the indicator.

I would say we live in a country where all detergent is universally called as "Surf", all vegetable oil is called as "Dalda" and all mopeds used to be called as "Luna" so it is easy to fool the public !!!

Last edited by LionX : 21st June 2024 at 12:25.
LionX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 12:42   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Blind spot monitoring is not available on even XUV700 so how can we expect the same on lower segment vehicle? ...
Based on the reported wide range of offerings, the 5 door Thar will end up having a very wide price range across variants.
Wouldn't be surprised if the top trim Thar 5 door ends up being more expensive than the XUV700 AX7L AWD

On a more amusing note, VW seem to be launching Tharu ( VW Tharu )

Last edited by for_cars1 : 21st June 2024 at 12:48.
for_cars1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 21:18   #839
Bit
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

Based on the reported wide range of offerings, the 5 door Thar will end up having a very wide price range across variants.
Wouldn't be surprised if the top trim Thar 5 door ends up being more expensive than the XUV700 AX7L AWD
If I remember correctly, some teambhp moderator expressed that it would be lower than Scorpio N itself (just by a little though) so no way it will cross XUV 700's level : ))

Also, Mahindra would never price a 5 seater vehicle higher than a 7 seater one.
Old 27th June 2024, 09:44   #840
BHPian

Mahindra seems to have updated the website with probable features for 5 door Thar. It’s a beta version though.

ADAS, 360 camera, Electric seats, Auto wiper & headlights, Automatic climate control, sunroof, push button start, drive modes etc.

https://auto-new.mahindra.com/suv/th...317095329.html
LionX is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks