Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2024, 22:17   #1636

Re: Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar

Mahindra seems to be adopting an Apple-like approach with its product launches, generating a lot of buzz and dominating conversations. Even my non-car enthusiast friends were discussing the Thar, unaware of the Curvv or Basalt. Mahindra has a way of making everyone focus solely on their products, often pushing other launches out of the spotlight. Just a few days ago, the Curvv was the main talking point in the media, but now the Thar has taken over the buzz.
armaaan.in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 22:24   #1637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainyamk95 View Post
Was waiting for someone to do that!! OT: what app/software did you use to make it?
I use normal image editor, anything like Photoshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Most people do not seem to be happy with the C pillar design but that is very easy fix using the vinyl sheets available cheaply at the car accessory shops:

Attachment 2641889
...then I realized, why not the full body color roof since its made of metal now:

Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-roxx-bodycolor-roof-mod2.jpg

Last edited by tbppjpr : 16th August 2024 at 22:47.
tbppjpr is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 22:28   #1638
BHPian

While watching one of the review video of Thar Roxx on YouTube, the reviewer opened the hood after unbuckling the 2 black knobs on either side of the hood, is that the way hood is opened, it’s not controlled from inside of the car ?

Is that the case in old 3-door Thar too ?

If that’s the case, isn’t that a design flaw ? When someone can just open the hood when you aren’t around and can do some mischief !!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-img_8437.jpeg  

NomadSK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 23:06   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
This reminds me of the company in which I worked which started the marketing slogan Simple as the world had an impression that our products are very complex. I think Mahindra has to follow the Simple word in all their designs and not over engineer. Even the XUV 5OO has unnecessary curves where it is not required. In the case of ROXX, why they cannot make the roof line and door line parallel lines like in any SUV in the world. Why make it obvious to the world that it is Indian Jugaad. We need to make our design for international standards. Just look at the picture below between wrangler and ROXX.ROXX is trying to tell the world that it is Indian designed car. We could have done a better job. Anyways, it is my personal opinion and I am a great fan of Mahindra with ownership of top end Scorpio for 12 years.
In the past FCA - Jeep filed court case for design infringement against Mahindra, when they launched ROXOR (modified version of old Thar) in USA.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...-us-print.html

This may be reason to have different design altogether for front grill, C-Pillar, triangle window etc. If they decide to export to other geographies, they should not face similar issues.

The designer must be aware of the true reason for having differentiating factor in their design.

Last edited by dgindia : 16th August 2024 at 23:10. Reason: Automobile company name correction
dgindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 23:12   #1640
BHPian

Roxx Petrol engine offers slightly greater torque compared to diesel engines. When choosing between petrol and diesel, which should you select? While diesels typically offer greater fuel efficiency, are there any tangible advantages to opting for a petrol engine beyond emissions considerations? Does a petrol offer better NVH levels, superior acceleration performance or smoother operations or are there other key benefits to keep in mind except cost of fuel., i am trying to find that one benefit before i signup for Petrol.

If Scorpio N Petrol or XUV petrol owners can throw some light here.

Thanks.
mukeshannamalai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 23:15   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
While watching one of the review video of Thar Roxx on YouTube, the reviewer opened the hood after unbuckling the 2 black knobs on either side of the hood, is that the way hood is opened, it’s not controlled from inside of the car ?

Is that the case in old 3-door Thar too ?

If that’s the case, isn’t that a design flaw ? When someone can just open the hood when you aren’t around and can do some mischief !!
It must have been that fool Faisal! There is a lock inside to release the bonnet. I remember seeing his video, and he was not able to put the latches back, citing two hands are needed. The bonnet would have had to be pre-released from inside, prior to that specific shot. Totally misleading.
asingh1977 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 23:26   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgindia View Post
In the past FCA - Jeep filed court case for design infringement against Mahindra, when they launched ROXOR (modified version of old Thar) in USA.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...-us-print.html

This may be reason to have different design altogether for front grill, C-Pillar, triangle window etc. If they decide to export to other geographies, they should not face similar issues.

The designer must be aware of the true reason for having differentiating factor in their design.
Mahindra had the opportunity to create a design that is true to its heritage and yet not look like an after thought. But it just failed the test.
Look at what Grenadier has done. The design is rooted in the old Defender and yet it’s unique enough to stand out. Pratap Boses interview are just making the whole thing worse.
vellatechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 23:46   #1643
BHPian

I’m pretty sure someone in Delhi would have already started working in some kind of modification to get the roof properly aligned at the front part, a small carbon fibre structure should do the job as it would only be aesthetic modification and would not interfere much with the dynamics of the car.
Leaving the roof design it is a pretty decent design and it will surely put the sales chart on fire.
Old 16th August 2024, 23:47   #1644
BHPian

Very likely that in future, the 4WD pricing and variety of options will be only available in the 3D version. ROXX will pivot towards the RWD
Shobhitsaxena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 00:38   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
It comes standard in every Scorpio

But there is a rubber trim to keep the muck away, as long as one opens the door wide and gets down from
That’s right, I missed that one. I didn’t research much about the old (now Classic) Scorpio as my Mahindras were all XUVs. In fact it has already been discussed in our forum exactly 14 years back:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post2036765 (Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar Roxx is the official name of the 5-door Thar-img_1760.jpeg  

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 17th August 2024 at 00:42.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 01:16   #1646
BHPian

I've been following the thread closely and maybe we are looking at the rear door hunch, all wrong. Instead of trying to mask the read door body colored hunch and the c pillar panel, if we extend the body color from the rear door hunch to over the front door.As in the body color starts form the A pillar and connects to the rear door hunch. The Thar 5 door would look way more sensible. I'm not so good with editing or I would've done it myself.

Last edited by darkpython9 : 17th August 2024 at 01:20. Reason: Got a better explanation.
Old 17th August 2024, 01:50   #1647
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

With all these features, why not UV cut glass with some tint? These ones are so clear and with so much glass area unlike the 3D Thar, it will give a headache when it’s bright, but again, sunshade accessories will fly off the shelves. Also the new-gen Thar people simply love sunfilms so that they can project that the law is meant to be broken nature Good move they dulled out the Mahindra logo at the front otherwise people would have changed it for a Jeep one first thing out of the showroom. Keyless fuel lid opener finally made it just like the fuel gauge on RE bikes. Better late then never, but then there are those white seats. Anyways, seem to be good times for Mahindra and all this from the Scorpio’s chassis and another company’s design.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th August 2024 at 20:00. Reason: Punctuation
Old 17th August 2024, 02:01   #1648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
...then I realized, why not the full body color roof since its made of metal now:
I think it will look even better in a dual-tone paint scheme with the A-B-C pillars blackened.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 02:09   #1649
BHPian

I always liked the way the Thar looked! But it was too basic and utilitarian of sort. This one with better comfort features and car like features, seems pretty attractive! I somehow think that Mahindra have been influenced by both, the Wrangler and also the G class for its practicality and usability. If the ride comfort is good, this could be a game changer!
Old 17th August 2024, 02:27   #1650
BHPian

Let me take some risk and say that there's zero chance Jeep would be okay with this releasing in other markets. Those who think otherwise perhaps aren't aware how vague FCA's arguments were regarding Roxor. The bonnet shape and the outline of the grille would be enough to stop Mahindra. No amount of their patented Ugly-Filter® will save them.

If nothing works, they'll just bring 20 people to court and ask them to name this car, to which they'll respond "Jeep". Hence proved.

Last edited by Formula1 : 17th August 2024 at 02:30.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks