Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2024, 13:48   #16

Re: Mahindra XUV700 prices reduced by upto ₹2.19L

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmanova View Post
Mahindra had confirmed in 2021 that they will be launching a 5 seater version of XUV700 with smaller size, engines and name it XUV500. The initial launch timeline was 2024, but I guess that they forgot about this
A competitor to Creta/Seltos or even Harrier/Hector looks like a no brainer. Not sure what is stopping Mahindra from launching it.
Even 5 seater XUV700 is available only on mid-version and missing on most of the good features.
Old 10th July 2024, 14:00   #17
BHPian

i think Nil road tax on Hybrids could be one of the reason. They don't exactly compete but with price reduced on hycross some people might be thinking of hycross as an option.
samitjain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 14:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindasrani View Post
I guess the price reduction should spread to the rest of the range as well since the gap between the AX5 and AX7 would be lowered by this 'celebration'. Maybe they are lowering prices in phases.
AX5 prices were reduced by 50k in May, and on top of that, three new features have been added so far this year (cruise, reverse cam, start-stop button).

Since AX5 Select was introduced just last month at 1.4 L lower than AX5, not sure if there is scope for a further cut in AX5 prices. Any further cuts and Select will be DOA.

With the new prices, the gap between ax5 and ax7 is only 1.2 lakh now, which makes ax7 really good value.

AX7 is now cheaper than what it was this time last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
The price drop might depend on their inventory mix?
When i booked the car last month, dealers in Delhi NCR did not have AX5 in stock but AX7 and L was readily available (with an upto 1 lakh discount).

This looks an inventory clearing step before the facelift launch.

Last edited by naru80 : 10th July 2024 at 14:21.
naru80 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 15:09   #19
BHPian

Me thinks this is not a 'Celebration per se'. Even with a 2 lakh drop for some models it is still a tad overpriced if you add on GST and other levies!. Plus M&M could be readying up for the so called downturn some analysts are foreseeing.
Old 10th July 2024, 16:44   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Believe it or not, Mahindra's puts out a statement on the price-cuts.

Stock markets react adversely as it falls over six percent today.

Mahindra XUV700 prices reduced by upto ₹2.19L-gshschiwwaaqcmo.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 17:07   #21
BHPian

Smart move by M&M. This is to persuade the reluctant buyers of AX7, by making it less costlier compared to the AX5. Secondly, proactively counter the impending slowdown in the next few months in the auto industry and third is the most important, the PR publicity (in reality, I doubt 7OO sales might be slowing down especially the high end models). Now everyone will react for sure. I wonder what Toyota is going to do. I am eager to know what other states will do after the tax cut on hybrids by UP. One thing is sure, Tata and M&M are not very happy with this tax cut.
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 17:23   #22
BHPian

UP government has recently decided to waive registration charges on Hybrid vehicles, this makes Hycross such a value for money against the XUV700 and the Safari.

It is anticipated that more and more states will follow this, this is keep the gap between Hybrid and ICE the same.

Hence you would have witnessed a price cut in Safari also.
M.Dua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 17:46   #23
BHPian

Could this be the reason behind the price drop.

Hybrid Cars could see a budget boost with potential cess cut

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...-12766172.html
RROD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 18:01   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I wish the news of the cess cut as part of the budget is true. However, I do not think this is a decision that Finance Ministry can take? I thought the GST Council, including all the state Reps have to decide this? If so, given the fragmented mandate this time around in the union elections, I am not sure states will agree to anything that reduces their revenue share.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th July 2024 at 18:06. Reason: typos
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 18:13   #25
BHPian

I am not sure why people are thinking the UP Government's decision on strong Hybrid should worry M&M or even other states. UP is a micro market where M&M might see a small variation due to some movement to Hycross/Hyryder as the OTR prices come down.

At the state level, none of the states will be bothered by it since its not a free market. For example, it makes no difference to me in Bangalore if UP govt. has 0 or even -ve taxes for hybrids. I will end up buying the car here paying the huge KA state charges. If i can register a car in UP and drive in KA, then it would make a difference.
m8002? is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 19:05   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I will end up buying the car here paying the huge KA state charges. If i can register a car in UP and drive in KA, then it would make a difference.
Cross registering cars across states is very common in NCR where anyways you will find cars with multitude of registrations like DL, HR, UP. A lot of people from surrounding states like Punjab, Uttarakhand, Himachal register vehicles in their hometowns and use it in NCR and Chandigarh.

As such, police and RTO in north India are not that strict towards out of state registered cars and don't have regional / linguistic bias. I have been driving a TN registered car in Gujarat for 8 months and never been stopped once.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th July 2024 at 21:55. Reason: Spacing + one minor edit.
Ragavsr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 19:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Appreciate the price cut however IMO Mahindra should launch new variant with addition of other missing features such has Auto dimming IRVM, sliding middle row and electric tail gate…atleast for this 3rd year Anniversary.
I would have been much happier if they had just added the Auto Dimming IRVM instead of the other two you had mentioned.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th July 2024 at 21:55.
Old 10th July 2024, 22:33   #28
BHPian

If nothing else, it will increase the footfalls into the Mahindra Showroom.

The XUV700 is a really compelling product for anyone looking for a vehicle around the 20 - 25lakh range.

The will atleast make the fence sitters go to the showroom and have a look at the vehicle.

On another could this have something to do with the new Thar 5 door?
ZenMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 14:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Dua View Post
UP government has recently decided to waive registration charges on Hybrid vehicles, this makes Hycross such a value for money against the XUV700 and the Safari.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
If i can register a car in UP and drive in KA, then it would make a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Cross registering cars across states is very common in NCR where anyways you will find cars with multitude of registrations like DL, HR, UP. A lot of people from surrounding states like Punjab, Uttarakhand, Himachal register vehicles in their hometowns and use it in NCR and Chandigarh.
I wonder how would BH reg work in this scenario (assuming UP allows BH). Is the reg fees waived off in that too?
A certain section of potential buyer(the BH eligible one's) can flock their, get a new car in BH and can still happily drive in any other state. They can be greatly benefitted ??

Last edited by Mr.Independent : 11th July 2024 at 14:39.
Old 11th July 2024, 16:02   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Independent View Post
I wonder how would BH reg work in this scenario (assuming UP allows BH). Is the reg fees waived off in that too?
A certain section of potential buyer(the BH eligible one's) can flock their, get a new car in BH and can still happily drive in any other state. They can be greatly benefitted ??
Hi I have two BH cars one XUV 700 and one Slavia, in the given case i would just take a UP number, there are enough and more ways to get a car registered in UP, also its no hastle to drive it anywhere between UP, Delhi, Haryana and Punjab. For someone like me its a great news, also i am expecting Delhi government to follow UP govt on this. Due to this expectation only you would have witnessed Mahindra stock tumble 7% yesterday and another 1% today.

Also i think BH wont have any benefit, like in Delhi EV registration is free, but if you take BH number on EV you have to pay registration charges.

Last edited by M.Dua : 11th July 2024 at 16:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks