Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2024, 23:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Lane Keep Assist still not available on Harrier/Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I don't think it's that simple. Even the sub4 metre SUVs are offering LKA (Venue,Sonet,XUV3XO), but the updated Nexon didn't have it.

None of the Curvv pics till now have had the radar visible at the front. If they do offer the ADAS, it looks like it will be camera based only.

That said, reason the Harrier/Safari don't have it yet, is probably because of the new steering. They might still be testing the same, the testing though has been awfully long now.
Some leaks do speculate that the ADAS radar for Curvv will be integrated with the front grill (a section on the right hand side). Fingers crossed, Curvv will have all the ADAS level 2 features from the launch and LKA will be rolled out to Safari and Harrier soon after.

Lane Keep Assist still not available on Harrier/Safari-20240720_232357.jpg
Old 21st July 2024, 15:15   #17
BHPian

I'm sorry but if someone needs assistance like 'lane keep assist' to drive then that person should not be driving at all. ADAS is too intrusive and spoils the driving experience

ADAS features like Auto braking are actually dangerous in Indian driving conditions. The experience is very scary and have high chances of getting rear ended.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 21st July 2024 at 15:19.
Old 21st July 2024, 15:24   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
I'm sorry but if someone needs assistance like 'lane keep assist' to drive then that person should not be driving at all. ADAS is too intrusive and spoils the driving experience

ADAS features like Auto braking are actually dangerous in Indian driving conditions. The experience is very scary and have high chances of getting rear ended.
Thats totally uncalled for. Here, the discussion is that the OP has been promised a feature by Tata motors which was not present at the time of purchase, but rather through an update. That has not happened so far. There is no mention of someone not being able to drive without this feature. So please hold your advise as to who should drive and who should not.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 15:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

At the start you will feel so, but when you go on a long drive on say the Samruddhi Expressaway or the full Delhi-Mumbai Expressway, this is the thing that will keep you relaxed like nothing else. It will keep you in the centre lane if you choose to drive there, when something comes ahead, it will brake on its own, you change lane it will accelerate on its own to set cruise speed and if its an automatic car, no gear changes needed too. Superb fantastic stuff.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 15:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Thats totally uncalled for. Here, the discussion is that the OP has been promised a feature by Tata motors which was not present at the time of purchase, but rather through an update. That has not happened so far. There is no mention of someone not being able to drive without this feature. So please hold your advise as to who should drive and who should not.
Should've added a note, missed it. The post is not to demean OP's friend and my post is not a justification for TATA not providing the feature. It's more of a rant that too much tech is taking over cars.

And I stand by my pov that someone needing lane keep assist should'nt drive. What does the driver even do with all these assists?

And it's not an advise but just a pov.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 21st July 2024 at 15:53.
Old 7th August 2024, 13:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerthanMaps View Post
Some leaks do speculate that the ADAS radar for Curvv will be integrated with the front grill (a section on the right hand side). Fingers crossed, Curvv will have all the ADAS level 2 features from the launch and LKA will be rolled out to Safari and Harrier soon after.

Attachment 2630065
Tata Curvv launch event confirms the inclusion of Lane Keep Assist in the list of L2 ADAS features. Hoping it will soon be rolled out to their flagship Harrier Safari twins via OTA.

Lane Keep Assist still not available on Harrier/Safari-screenshot_20240807130841_youtube.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th August 2024 at 11:36. Reason: Wrapping image to the next line :)
SlowerthanMaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 13:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I stand by my pov that someone needing lane keep assist should'nt drive. What does the driver even do with all these assists?

Once you start using these features, you might change your opinion. I use auto lane keeping function here in Europe and found it extremely useful on long drives on highways. I believe same will be the case in India on highways.

For me, this feature makes my drive more comfortable.
ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 14:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should've added a note, missed it. The post is not to demean OP's friend and my post is not a justification for TATA not providing the feature. It's more of a rant that too much tech is taking over cars.

You use them to relax on a long 6 hour or so drive on an expressway. If someone complained about paying for an automatic car and then received a manual car, will you say that they should just learn to drive as well?
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 17:57   #24
BHPian

Quote:
And I stand by my pov that someone needing lane keep assist should'nt drive. .
ADAS is a safety feature which not only saves the occupants of the car but also protects others on the road. There is always an option turn off these assists or reduce the aggressiveness of these assists

Here is an example of how it is useful - Say a person is driving and a highway and he got distracted or dosed off. Now there can be following scenarios

1. The car starts changing lanes, Lane keep assist will make sure that the car keeps in lane.
2. If there was a obstacle ahead, Automatic emergency brake assist will apply the brakes.

And in all this fellow users who are driving on the road are safe from an unwanted accident.

Hence these active safety features like ADAS make our roads safe. It is not about the competence of a driver, it is about having a layer safety over somebody's driving skills.
ferrarirules is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 14:20   #25
BHPian

Recently saw some videos of the lane keep assist system on the Curvv and it seemed to be working well. It seems Tata has sorted out the calibration issues.

Can we now finally expect the Safari and Harrier to have the lane keep assist enabled via a software update? Please Tata, its been almost an year!

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks