Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2024, 21:40   #76
BHPian

Re: No road tax for hybrids in UP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I hope this stays and other states take note and implement the same. Chandigarh did this last year and later back tracked. I have a feeling this may not last long.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...g-hybrids.html (Chandigarh : No Road Tax on Strong and Plug-In hybrids)
After seeing your last year’s post about Road Tax waiver for hybrids in Chandigarh, I had cancelled my booking in Gurgaon and purchased Invicto in Chandigarh to avail the benefits in September. Really thankful to you. Got to know from your post only that Chandigarh admin stopped that scheme for Invicto in November itself.

In today’s era when cars have waiting period of more than 6 months, such frequent changes in policy are bound to leave a sour experience for many.
saubi2299 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 23:21   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Rajeev Chaba, CEO MG India slams hybrids on offer today:
Even though MG's presence in India is limited with lower volumes, 40% of their sales are brought now by EVs alone, the ZS and the COMET.
Looking at their plans to launch EV's & PHEV's https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mg-mot...odels-end-2025,
it's easy deduce why he got flustered by UP governments announcement bashing both mild hybrid & strong hybrids alike.
vegitakarthik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2024, 10:23   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Sorry you have got this wrong. PHEV are better than SHEV vehicles.
1. PHEV have longer battery only range
2. Even if someone doesn't recharge the car, PHEV battery will also get recharged with regen same as the SHEV vehicles.
3. PHEV can solely be run on batteries if a person doesn't travel more than 80-90 kms in a day.
I knew some of the pointers above. Thanks for clarifying though. However, in some websites like CleanTechnica, I have read that many people in the US don't actually plug-in their vehicles. They just buy those to get those tax credit and things. Also , since the battery is usually a bigger one than that of the self- recharging hybrids ,how much energy is actually put back by regen? And if PHEVs do come to India, they'll help many of the fence sitters, who are still not sure of an electric vehicle, but still wants reduced fuel expenses. I hope Toyota or MG will take a step forward in this.
Mitadru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2024, 20:04   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
OT - In all this confusion there is one unintended beneficiary - the XUV700 customer

It is as though the Govt pranked M&M into a price cut!
Its the best time to buy a XUV7OO. XUV7OO price cut has badly affected the market since now every customer is expecting good discounts. I was offered a discount of 2+ lac on Fortuner 4x4 AT Diesel and they have a December 2023 model for which they are giving 3 lac discount without even negotiation. Can anyone tell how much discount is good for a Fortuner 4x4 diesel AT? Or I should wait for the Endeavour CBU which is slated to launch in the first half of 2025. Since the upcoming expressways demand a car with ADAS.
Old 18th July 2024, 21:43   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitadru View Post
Also , since the battery is usually a bigger one than that of the self- recharging hybrids ,how much energy is actually put back by regen?
Size of the battery doesn't matter for regen. It will provide a set amount of voltage and current to charge the battery. It will charge both batteries with same amount.
ferrarirules is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 09:01   #81
BHPian

https://www.pressreader.com/india/mi...81857238773819

As per this ruling of court all hybrids brought in UP since EV policy 2022 should receive Road Tax refunds.
drsachin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 12:01   #82
BHPian

Mahindra & Mahindra in a recent filing in the NSE says that hybrid to the company are interim and costly solutions.
Thought like sharing with all. A honest assessment by the company.

https://nsearchives.nseindia.com/cor...Intimation.pdf
carsirdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 15:25   #83
Senior - BHPian

Bought a Hyryder Hybrid G Variant, this purchase was planned for the end of this year but the tax rebate incentive was too good to be passed. 1.89 lacs straight off from the on-road price.
BANDHAV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2024, 23:16   #84
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Hybrid Road Tax Waiver to continue for now says UP Govt.

The Uttar Pradesh government said it will continue to extend incentives to support sales of both electric and strong hybrid cars as penetration of both technologies in new vehicle sales in the state are minuscule, but may consider modifications in the policy if market dynamics change going ahead.
The benefits are valid for about a year till Oct 2025.
Major carmakers attended the meeting chaired by Chief Secretary, Uttar Pradesh Government held in Lucknow on Sunday.

Quote:
The state government concluded that given that penetration of both electric and strong hybrid vehicles is negligible at about 1.5%, it will continue to offer incentives on these vehicles for now
Quote:
The state government said that it (the EV policy) is not a permanent one, it is dynamic. Right now, sales of both hybrid and electric vehicles are low. The transport commissioner was also present at the meeting, along with representatives from RTOs. They will examine the market situation in detail and if some changes are needed, they are open to making them
Source - Economic Times
uditanshh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks