Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2024, 14:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Gadkari aims to push Indian auto industry's turnover from ₹20L Cr To ₹50L Cr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
I would rather buy a tractor
4WD check
Convertible check
Expandable seating - check
Leeway in pollution & subsidies from government- check

Add to that permission to drive on wrong side of the road without fear.
aayusht is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 18:00   #32
BHPian

Re: Gadkari aims to push Indian auto industry's turnover from ₹20L Cr To ₹50L Cr

He doesn’t want to give anything. He doesn’t want to stop the 15 years one time tax burden on car buyer. He doesn’t want to improve on change of state de registering and re registration. He doesn’t even want to get the opposing states to agree to giving out BH registrations.
He doesn’t want to reduce the duties paid on the car while buying.
He doesn’t want to create a trustable car history central database.
He doesn’t want to ease the process of insurance claims.
He doesn’t want to lower the burden of fuel price no matter even if international crude hits rock bottom.
He doesn’t want to allow 15 +’year old cars even if they are in top shape.

So this thing what he wants is Mungeri Lal ke Hasin Sapane!
RunGaDa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 19:10   #33
GwD
BHPian

The idea is laudable, the vision is good. However, what lets us down is the execution.

Growth of automobile industry always boosts the overall economy of a nation. A strong automobile industry also needs to be accompanied by an equally strong and future ready road infrastructure. Both need to go hand-in-hand.

Unfortunately, in our country the vision provided by the leadership does not percolate down to us motorists. I will take the example of our highways. Whenever I travel on NH in my state, I have to face so many obstacles that it is quite a frustrating experience. There are innumerable iron barricades all along the NHs. Then there are traffic signals. Slow moving vehicles like e-rickshaws and autos clog the sides, and flaunt their don't-care attitude. And there are the other problems like traffic coming along the wrong direction, pedestrians trying to cross and stray animals. It is plainly obvious that the man-made hurdles have been deliberately positioned to cause the maximum impediment to smooth traffic flow and also to cause the maximum stress to drivers.

It is time our leaders in the central government who provide the vision, should also enforce that local police don't make a mockery of it. It is time that motorists are given the importance and due priority that they deserve. Our highways should be designed for smooth, high-speed cruising without any hassle.
Old 10th July 2024, 00:01   #34

Our roads are not wide enough in some cities to park your cars and have a two way smooth flow of traffic. Parking spaces must be there at your place before making the street crowded.

The town planning department (at least in my city) is so dumb, they make shops or commercial spaces anywhere they get good money from without accessing the parking requirement and availability in that place. People actually park their cars on the road when they're visiting a shop and no concern given to other road users.

People are stupid down to the core. They drive like maniac, park like maniac and make infrastructure like maniacs.

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th July 2024 at 06:42. Reason: No swear language please :)
yshvj is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th July 2024, 00:36   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven646 View Post
I find it very strange & amusing that so many here are of the opinion that more car sales are bad because of a lack of infrastructure etc.

Just because we've been privileged to be able to afford and drive vehicles for a generation or more, how can that privilege be denied to the upcoming class of people moving on from scooters & motorcycles?

An employee who works with me as a data entry operator recently came to me with a box of sweets, she and her husband - a low level government employee had finally gathered the courage to buy their first car ever - an Alto. This, after years of using only a scooter because obviously precedence was given to the kids education, savings etc.

There are vast swathes if our populace who are exactly like this and I believe they have every right to buy their first cars without being lectured to about infrastructure, pollution etc.
I agree with you.

This thread seems to be getting a lot of negative sentiments from BHPians based in Mumbai/Pune/Bangalore/Kolkata/Chennai.

The only 2 positive responses I see are by BHPians from Delhi & Mandi.

I would love to hear the thoughts of BHPians from Noida, Greater Noida, Agra, Chandigarh, Mohali, Lucknow, Indore, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Udaipur, Jaipur, Hisar, etc about their thoughts on road-infra in general.

It would be unfair to deny the rest of the country the pleasure of owning a vehicle, just because our city administrations do a pathetic job of building roads.

I really had to eat a lot of humble-pie when I visited Agra a few years back, and the road-infra was a 100x better than what we have in Bangalore.

I believe our country has enough roads and can build even more to get to at-least 150cars/1000pax in the next 10-years.
AdityaRai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 01:57   #36
BHPian

This guy is a joke - or maybe he is the posterboy of crony capitalism. I am still waiting for him to make Mumbai pothole-free like he promised in March 2023:
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...-10305271.html
deepakv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 08:03   #37
BHPian

India no longer has visionaries and people who can think out of the box like Bharata Ratna Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya. One has to think through with India in mind and the unimaginable growth rate we are seeing now. Our problems are unique with a billion + population. We cannot copy the outside solutions to our problems like limiting cars on road as in Singapore etc or allowing a free production of automobiles. We allow the Industry to grow with no guidance and if something breaks in the process, we react like banning diesel cars etc creating panic to the consumers and the industry. Don’t we have intellectuals in our country to guide if India needs EV vehicles, Hybrids, public transportation with a vision of few hundred years?

Last edited by Mystic : 10th July 2024 at 08:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks