Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used 2nd-gen Hyundai Creta today?
Yes 81 29.03%
No 198 70.97%
Voters: 279. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2024, 16:38   #16
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the month | Buying a used Hyundai Creta (2nd gen)

Voted YES
Except for the price of used one, it ticks most of the boxes and one of the competent cross over available with no worries about spares.
Mod friendly too

PS: I still love the 1 Gen SXO except the price

Last edited by Dine : 7th July 2024 at 16:40.
Old 7th July 2024, 16:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Voted No.

After using my new i20 for 2.5 years and seeing how it’s ageing, I will not buy a used Hyundai. There are lot many rattles, and for me, the car doesn’t really feel built to last, say like a Polo. And in my friends circle there are many Hyundai cars with paint chip issues, this might have been fixed in new Hyundai cars. Also 3 star safety rating is another issue. So there is nothing aspirational in a Creta to buy a used one, unless it’s going on a dirt cheap rate - which again will not be the case with Hyundai as it has a good resale value.

Last edited by sunikkat : 7th July 2024 at 16:46.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 20:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Voted No.

After using my new i20 for 2.5 years and seeing how it’s ageing, I will not buy a used Hyundai. There are lot many rattles, and for me, the car doesn’t really feel built to last, say like a Polo. And in my friends circle there are many Hyundai cars with paint chip issues, this might have been fixed in new Hyundai cars.
I don't know if new Hyundai cars have this issue but I have 6.5 year old grand i10 whose interiors still now don't feel outdated or deteriorated. Even exteriors are quite good if you say paint quality or rubber quality. Even engine noise, gears, breaks etc all are as good as new one. Cabin sound insulation slightly reduced but still better than many brand new cars.

Also last year I was searching for an automatic hatchback for parents in Spinny and cars24. My criteria is 4-6 year old with less than 50k odo. Took test drive of ignis, grandi10s, honda jazz, celerios, balenos. Of them, grand i10s are the best in terms of interior or exterior. Only reason I chose the Honda jazz over the grandi10 was I already had the Grand i10, Now I am repenting my decision. I asked the Honda service center to fix cabin insulation& slight rattling issues and cited that my similarly old and run Hyundai car doesn't have these issues. The service guy's response is you can't compare Hyundai cars with others.

Maybe actually see 5-6-year-old Cretas and then conclude.

Last edited by sirius : 7th July 2024 at 20:45.
Old 7th July 2024, 22:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius View Post

I asked the Honda service center to fix cabin insulation& slight rattling issues and cited that my similarly old and run Hyundai car doesn't have these issues. The service guy's response is you can't compare Hyundai cars with others.
I guess the Honda asc in your locality is not interested. Having owned 3 Hondas (2008, 2010 &2017) and having 2 Hyundais (2008 & ‘18 vintage) in the extended family, there’s frankly no comparison between the ageing characteristics of the two brands. Maintenance costs of the Hondas put together are lesser than those of one Hyundai. Excepting the rubber parts of the Hondas which are aging rather poorly, the cars are absolutely trouble free while the Hyundais have had steering rack issues, paint issues and couple of other irritants. Rattling is actually dependent on the roads you drive on and your driving style. My oldest car - 1.4lac km, not a single rattle (all City driven of course).
handsofsteel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 08:45   #20
BHPian

Voted Yes, I myself own a first generation facelifted Creta 1.6 diesel 2019 top model, covered around 60000km, runs like as it was on day one, the interiors, plastics, paint etc look as good as new. The 1.6 Hyundai diesel is a gem, no worries of DPF, DEF and it is quicker than the present 1.5. Just check that regular service has been done.
Also the first generation creta scored better in latin ncap, (body shell stable), compared to the second generation creta(body shell unstable).
https://www.latinncap.com/en/download/result/file/71
https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...-factsheet.pdf
The car tested in latin ncap is made in India 2015 Creta.
gsratta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 10:15   #21
BHPian

Voted - YES
Only as the 2nd car in my garage. This is a no nonsense car which I would use to run errands. Ferry elderly parents, kids and so on. High GC helps in bad roads that we encounter almost always in Bombay and Hyundai's overall hassle free ownership - all combined together its a good 2nd car which always would have my back incase my German sedan needs some urgent repair or I am jut not comfortable driving a low slung sedan . The 1.5 turbo petrol with DCT has enough grunt to keep me happy in case I take it to highway. I never liked the quirky looks of the 2nd gen but still wouldn't hesitate to own one for all the reasons above.

Last edited by thisissoumya : 8th July 2024 at 10:23. Reason: added one more point
Old 8th July 2024, 10:20   #22
BHPian

Voted No.

Reasons:
- Way overpriced in the used market
- Questionable safety
- Don't like the quirky looks
anshu1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 10:58   #23
BHPian

As someone who picked a used first-gen facelifted 1.6D AT model of the Creta, I will say they are exorbitantly priced. The dealers know very well that the 'Perfect SUV' tag used by Hyundai rings good for many. If you don't pick it up, someone else will. These sell without any discounts or negotiations. After picking it up, I have added auto folding mirrors with a relay.

As for the 2nd-gen, I could never digest the looks and the hence voted No for it. The features though are much better than the first-gen.
Old 8th July 2024, 11:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Also the first generation creta scored better in latin ncap, (body shell stable), compared to the second generation creta(body shell unstable).
https://www.latinncap.com/en/download/result/file/71
https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...-factsheet.pdf
The car tested in latin ncap is made in India 2015 Creta.
Yes, but it was not made for India. If you are enjoying the car for its practicality and reliability then that's good. But let's not mislead young members on the safety aspect of Hyundai cars. They have their own strengths.
JithinR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 12:07   #25
BHPian

Voted 'NO' because the pricing of the pre-owned creta'S will be overpriced and they are simply not bang for the buck. For the same price point, there are plenty of options available including the reliable Honda's. VAG twins and many more.

Secondly the looks do matter and of course they are subjective in nature but the older 'gen 2' looks does not suit my taste and it looks more like a Chinese brand. The current model on sale actually looks more upmarket and slightly has a mature design as compared to its old avatar.

Finally the most important point would be that do Hyundai's age well ? In my opinion they are not for a multitude of reasons.
Old 8th July 2024, 15:22   #26
BHPian

Check the Latin ncap website, the car was made in India. Attaching the screenshot of the results published by Latin ncap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Yes, but it was not made for India. If you are enjoying the car for its practicality and reliability then that's good. But let's not mislead young members on the safety aspect of Hyundai cars. They have their own strengths.
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the month | Buying a used Hyundai Creta (2nd gen)-screenshot_20240708_151832_adobe-acrobat.jpg  

gsratta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 15:32   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Check the Latin ncap website, the car was made in India. Attaching the screenshot of the results published by Latin ncap.
Yep, but Made In India and Made for India are two different things no ?
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 15:40   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Would you buy one if you were looking for a used car?
I voted yes. Why not?

It's a reliable car and I don't have any issues with it's look. Rather, I like the looks of the Creta Gen 2 car. Most of the members suggested it's pricing could be on the higher side and I agree that it's priced higher in the used car market. But doesn't that show it's demand? If I get the price right, I won't mind purchasing a pre-owned Gen 2 Creta for myself.
Old 8th July 2024, 15:51   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

Quote:
Jithin was not doubting where it was made but made in India is not the same as sold in India. For example the screenshot you shared lists the 1st gen Creta’s weight as being a good 150 kilos more than the weight of a 1st gen top end diesel Creta sold in India. Obviously since the tested model also has just 2 airbags that deficiency in weight is likely to have come out of the structure making the version sold in India that you own probably quite unsafe.
Old 8th July 2024, 17:41   #30
BHPian

This has been discussed in a dedicated thread in this forum

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...in-ncap-2.html (India-made Hyundai Creta scores 4 / 5 stars in the Latin NCAP!)

The crash test weight includes the kerb weight, the weight of the dummies, child seats, and the test equipment. The kerb weight of the car tested was same as the model sold in India at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Jithin was not doubting where it was made but made in India is not the same as sold in India. For example the screenshot you shared lists the 1st gen Creta’s weight as being a good 150 kilos more than the weight of a 1st gen top end diesel Creta sold in India. Obviously since the tested model also has just 2 airbags that deficiency in weight is likely to have come out of the structure making the version sold in India that you own probably quite unsafe.
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the month | Buying a used Hyundai Creta (2nd gen)-img_1404.jpeg  

Pre-worshipped car of the month | Buying a used Hyundai Creta (2nd gen)-img_1405.jpeg  

gsratta is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks