Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2024, 16:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon & Punch emerge as the top-selling SUVs in FY2024

Tata Motors ended FY2024 on a high, with two of its models topping the sales chart. The Nexon was the best-selling SUV, followed by the Punch.

Tata Nexon & Punch emerge as the top-selling SUVs in FY2024-nexon_fl_20_8.jpg

The Tata Nexon has been the highest-selling SUV for three consecutive years. It recently achieved the milestone of 7 lakh sales, 7 years after it was launched in the Indian market.

Currently, the Nexon is available with petrol, diesel, and electric powertrains. A CNG version will join the line-up later this year.

Tata Nexon & Punch emerge as the top-selling SUVs in FY2024-whatsapp-image-20240517-10.39.31-am.jpeg

The Tata Punch became the second best-selling SUV in FY2024. It topped the sales charts in March and April of 2024.

According to Tata Motors, the compact SUV segment has grown substantially in the past few years. Within this segment, the industry has witnessed a rise from 4% to 7% in the market share, and in the bigger SUV market, the market share has grown from 8% to 14%.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 27th June 2024 at 16:52.
TusharK is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 22:01   #2

Re: Tata Nexon & Punch emerge as the top-selling SUVs in FY2024

I felt that the Punch is a better package for the price. If only they had a proper automatic, I would be willing to pay for it over the AMT. It would be a perfect city car with occasional highway runs. The Nexon seems pricey when opting for the DCT trims. There are vibrations from the 3 pot while reaching 60kmph, which is disappointing.
Old 27th June 2024, 23:01   #3

This is one of the most puzzling questions for me and am hoping one of the distinguished BHPians can answer this. While Tata has such good products and is fighting for the number 2 spot, the management must know if they improve the QC and customer service they will start challenging Maruthi eventually. Could there be a reason why they are ignoring such huge and obvious shortcomings? I understand it takes time to improve QC and Customer service but it should not take so many years! Could it be because of the cost factors involved or just sheer incompetence?
I adore the house of Tatas and what they stand for. I am actually in the market looking for a car. Of all the cars I was considering which were within my budget, I really liked Altroz the most but I was scared of the after sales service and decided to drop Altroz. I have decided to go ahead with the second car on my list, Brezza. I have my brother who has a Tiago EV and has had very bad experience with their after sales. This is the case even with the GM one of the Tata biggest dealers in the city being my father’s friend.

Last edited by sonmi-451 : 27th June 2024 at 23:29.
sonmi-451 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 14:23   #4
BHPian

Catchy styling and solid build seemed to have done the trick. However, after sales is still really sketchy. Tata motors should address it at the earliest and have a firm hand on the after sales department.
Phantom 510 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks