Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2024, 10:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lexus India now offers an 8-year warranty on all models

Lexus India has announced an 8-year / 1,60,000 km warranty across all its models sold in India from June 1, 2024.

Lexus India now offers an 8-year warranty on all models-galleryperformance01d.jpg

The vehicle warranty on Lexus cars has been increased from 3 years / 1,00,000 km to 8 years / 1,60,000 km. Lexus also offers tailored finance plans, service options, insurance, and roadside assistance.

Tanmay Bhattacharya, Executive Vice President of Lexus India, said, “The new vehicle warranty of 8 years / 1,60,000 km reinforces our commitment of superior quality, durability, and reliability in every Lexus vehicle and providing absolute peace of mind to our esteemed guests.”

Lexus has a wide range of models on sale in India, which includes three SUVs, a sedan, and an MPV. The carmaker offers SUVs like the NX, RX, and LX, the ES sedan, and the LM luxury MPV.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 25th June 2024 at 10:29.
TusharK is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 10:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Lexus India now offers an 8-year warranty on all models

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Lexus India has announced an 8-year / 1,60,000 km warranty across all its models sold in India from June 1, 2024.
Lexus India now offers an 8-year warranty on all models-lx.png

With reliability scores of Lexus brand being on the top, Toyota is brimming with confidence. And rightly so.
(The above compilation is by Consumer Reports)

Good time for a Lexus purchase.
And its the best understated luxury brand too.
The Pianist is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 11:32   #3
BHPian

That's an incredible offer. In a country where manufacturers don't offer identical warranties that they offer with the same vehicles overseas, this is a very welcome move. Perhaps buyers in this space will now get tempted to have a look at the lexus portfolio, which I feel has been unfortunately avoided until now.
Gupts007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 11:41   #4
BHPian

Very good offer since they're priced relatively higher than other luxury marques (wrt features/power etc). This is a good start to reward customer loyalty. People who buy Lexus generally will be a head over heart decision. Of course, conversely, I hope they won't overcharge during mandatory service at Lexus ASC for maintaining warranty.

Last edited by Senotrius : 25th June 2024 at 12:11.
Senotrius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 12:09   #5
BHPian

Good move by Lexus India! But they need to increase the number of showrooms. As of today there are only '7' Lexus dealerships in India. Haven't seen a new Lexus from a long time. The last I saw was a LX 470 in 2023.
Old 25th June 2024, 12:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

I like the RX500H, however is too pricey for what it offers. One can get GLS or X7 both which have much better engine options, brand recognition . 8 year warranty is not going to pull many buyers in this segment. Lexus don't offer crazy discounts like German trio. Don't think this warranty scheme will make it any better for Lexus.

Last edited by PrideRed : 25th June 2024 at 12:13.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 13:18   #7
BHPian

A very good move, alothough I doubt Lexus would still be able to pull customers from the Germans, their pricing and value proposition is still not close enough to the germans.
Turbolove is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 13:29   #8

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Lexus has a very niche customer base. German Trio's, although they cost more of less the same as Lexus, are bought by variety of consumers including people with old money or new money, young/middle aged/old alike. Whereas Lexus is still very exclusive and their customers have certain characteristics. Lexus India knows their customers (most vehicles sold in India are chauffeur driven), how the vehicle will be driven and maintained. That could be the reason behind this offer. Brilliant move.
On a different note, I have observed that LX570 has been quite popular amongst politicians of Maharashtra including CM, Deputy CM, Various Ministers owing one. Earlier it used to be LC200/300.

Last edited by manson : 26th June 2024 at 01:07. Reason: Typos.
Old 25th June 2024, 20:22   #9
BHPian

Love Lexus. Now even better. But they really need to up their branding game here. For now, there are only 5 luxury brand considered in our market: Audi, BMW, JLR, Mercedes Benz and Volvo. Many don't even know that there's a brand called Lexus available in India. Brand awareness is the key here, now that their vehicles have the presence too.
PB65 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 20:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I like the RX500H, however is too pricey for what it offers. One can get GLS or X7 both which have much better engine options, brand recognition . 8 year warranty is not going to pull many buyers in this segment. Lexus don't offer crazy discounts like German trio. Don't think this warranty scheme will make it any better for Lexus.
They are rather overpriced due to the import taxes compared to the locally assembled Germans.
It’s not just the RX500h, it’s also the LX and the Landcruiser which make no financial sense to buy. But they seem to be enjoying some cult status among the elite so can’t really fault Toyota following apple’s strategy. People in India automatically perceive more expensive as being higher status or quality.
Old 26th June 2024, 10:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

All Lexus India are doing is aligning the Warranty Terms to what they offer in International Markets. All Hybrid models (Is there anything non-Hybrid anymore?) have had the same 160,000km, 8 year transferable Warranty for quite some time. This is now being extended to their India Operations. I have not read the fine print. There should be a 6 year corrosion warranty included as well.

Is it going to get more folks in to their Showrooms? Unlikely. Even if they were priced on par with the Euro clan. However, they have a loyal customer base and I think thats plenty enough for them. In order to Sell and Support more cars on the road, they need to expand. I don't think they are in any hurry to do that.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 26th June 2024 at 10:37.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 14:43   #12
BHPian

If driving pleasure is not the primary objective, Lexus is the best package available in the market.
I almost booked NX350H. The reason I walked away from it was due to their cold attitude towards buy back of my old car. The price they offered was more like an insult.
I was willing to compromise on driving pleasure for the sake of 8 years warranty included in the base price and a 5 years maintenance package at 1.4 lakhs.

RX350H and RX500H were unreasonably over priced for what they offer incremental from NX350H.
Old 26th June 2024, 16:14   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Good move! I hope the Germans follow suit with atleast 5 years standard warranty!
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 18:47   #14
BHPian

This is a flexing move from Lexus in India, and is a blow to the big German brands. Shows the confidence they have in the product. On a side note, Lexus in UK has been offering a 15-year combined warranty on their cars for a while now. 10 years or 100k miles of full warranty and 5 more years of warranty on the engine/transmission/electric motors/hybrid battery, without any additional payment. They only requirement is that we are needed to service the car once in a year or every 10k miles at an authorized Lexus dealership.

My CT200 has done 85k miles and is 11 years old, the powertrain and hybrid battery are still under Lexus warranty!
ps_abhijith is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks