Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2024, 20:53   #61
BHPian

Re: What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?

I would like to put out a few points with all the vehicles I've had some long experiences with :

2016 MS WagonR VXi:
- Ease of ingress and egress. Its easy for me and my parents.
- Tallboy design, which was why in the first place me and my folks even considered the WagonR over the Celerio.
- Ease and Simplicity of the car's nature. Nothing complicated, nothing is an overload on you. The instrument cluster, the lights, the stalks, the buttons, everything is well placed and easy to use.
- Driver ergonomics are pretty good, and has nice visibility of the road and the hood, which helped me learn judging the parking and stopping distance pretty easily.
- Nicely mated engine and gearbox, everything happens just as it was intended to. Nice shifts and all, my only gripe with the car is the mileage. It's downright horrible for a WagonR. My car came with the K10B engine, the 3-cyl, 998cc 68HP engine. 13kmpl in the city and 18kmpl on the highways doesn't make sense for a WagonR. There were times I was mocked by my friends who said their Brezza or Innova gave better mileage

2011 Honda CBR 250R C-ABS:
- A very well engineered, beautiful bike. This was and is my first true love, and I still miss being away from it.
- Nothing complicated, everything is simple and has enough power to move me around. 26HP was a good figure for 2013, and is good enough for 2024 too. 6-speed gearbox is slick and well done. DOHC engine is truly a gem and Honda is just not doing justice by getting in the CBR300R and giving it minor upgrades. It can be a huge seller! Brakes are excellent for a bike of its size and its class. Mine has the Nissin Units, and the ABS saved my life a couple of times.
- I love the minimalistic dash. Has an analog tachometer, which I love it very much! Does a full swipe when I turn it on for the ride. The speedometer is digital, and works well. No complaints with that. Has a fuel gauge and a temp gauge, 2 trip meters and a digital clock too.
- Has a proper separate kill switch, headlight on/off switch and a starter button on the right side. I don't have to be guilty about blinding people in the day with my headlight! I upgraded the main bulb to a NightEye H4 bulb, and I'm very happy with it. I got the parking lamps changed to proper white LEDs.
- Has the indicators and horn buttons in the right places, unlike the newer Hondas where they're interchanged. I had observed this on my friend's MT15 too. And I was not happy with it! Everything is tactile on this, which is one of the reasons why I love this bike.
- I feel like I'm one with the bike when I ride it. It gives you the feeling of sitting in the bike, instead of sitting on the bike like an R15. Very comfy for a bike of its size. Handles excellently even for a person like me (bulky build). I loved cornering on it! The Michelin Pilot Street 2's give it excellent handling ability. Still has the ability to pull away like new!
- Very good aftermarket support for upgrades like tyres and lighting. Cosmetics might be a bit of an issue, you cannot find parts for rare colors that easily compared to the standard Maroon/Black.
- Rider and Passenger comfort is very good too! I've had no complaints from the boys and my female friends so far! Even when I'm riding, I've got ample space to move back and forth.
- Respectable mileage. 35kmpl.

2013 Ford Edge SEL:
- Well built, Solid Crossover SUV!
- Instrument Cluster is well laid out, dual displays on each side of the central speedometer unit.
- Torquey 3.5L V6 engine, 6-speed AT shifts well, but I notice a slight lag.
- Amazing handling, being a Ford. Generally Fords are well known for good handling.
- Superb creature comforts like Panoramic sunroof, rear AC vents, dual zone climate control, power adjustable driver seats.
- Ford's SYNC infotainment system just makes every drive of mine feel like a concert on wheels!
- Buttons on the steering wheel are tactile to use!
Old 24th June 2024, 23:53   #62
Senior - BHPian

The cornering headlamps on my i20. It has a separate light inside the headlamp cluster for it and it’s well designed and just so useful with a good beam pattern. Many other cars with cornering lamps are implemented lazily, just having their fog lamps light up which is pointless really if you are already driving with the fogs on. I really miss this on any other car I drive.
Old 25th June 2024, 06:46   #63
Senior - BHPian

2013 Wagon R
  • Narrow footprint, easy to drive in city traffic
  • Tractable engine, needs fewer gear shifts
  • Has decent space by a mini hatch standards.
  • Easy ingress and egress
  • Does not attract unwanted attention since its a common car

2022 Force Gurkha
  • Stance
  • Sound of the Snorkel, very addictive. While driving in ghats, i switch OFF the AC and lower the driver side glass just to hear that sound.
  • Spacious interior, you never feel claustrophobic.
  • AC, its bone chilling.
  • I can easily hammer the car over bad roads.
Old 25th June 2024, 15:10   #64
BHPian

2016 Honda Jazz CVT:

- Ample cabin space. Reason i picked Jazz over Baleno and i20.
- Easy ingress and egress, especially for senior citizen parents.
- Windshield size, never feel claustrophobic.
- Sufficient boot space for a hatchback.
- Side profile stance.
Old 25th June 2024, 17:46   #65

2018 Jeep Compass Limited
  • Solid build which is evident every time you close the door or bonnet with a satisfying thud
  • Premium feel of high-quality leather steering cover
  • Perfect steering response & minimal body roll on curves
  • The confidence that it can take you through any terrain
  • And lastly, the 7 classic grills in front & the breathtaking side profile

One the way Bangalore -> Udupi near Chikkamagaluru
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-img_1149.jpeg
Old 26th June 2024, 10:33   #66
BHPian

Current drive(s):

XUV500:
* That special feel of getting pushed back onto the seats in 3rd gear, when the turbo kicks in - like when an airplane takes off! That whooshing whistle of turbo is exhilarating.
* Cool blue night lamps
* Not much competition on our highways, even when cruising at the lowest band of 3digits, due to high torque can easily get ahead of most cars/vehicles except an odd Endeavour/Fortuner/Merc/BMW etc. and some crazy alto/wagon-r/swift/dzire doing insane speeds!
* Perfect seat height, lumbar support, ergonomics
* Both front + rear A/C compressors used together cool the cabin to chillness in no time, even on the hottest days
* Lots of storage space all around, 3 dashboard storage + on all doors + centre console
* "Static bending" side headlamps - does a good job of lighting up what's on sides when taking corners

Nano:
* Perfect city ride - 4 people can comfortably travel
* A/C is quite good for its engine size

Caliber:
* Unique - nobody else has this one, stands out in a crowd
* Decent mileage, pickup, riding comfort

And finally, an all-desi garage!
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-mygarage.jpg
KrisTvpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 12:24   #67
BHPian

10th gen Honda Civic

1.Album art image of the song playing is displayed on the instrument cluster. I don't know why I like it so much. It just looks so cool.

2.Managed to bring home a first world Japanese car before it was killed by Honda. It just feels so good. Unfortunately, now the entire 20-30 lakh range is crowded with products that belong to a segment below and compromised in some way or the other.

3.Owning a "premium" Japanese product in India. Always dreamt of owning one of them some day. Corolla Altis, Camry, CR-V, Accord, Kizashi, X-Trail etc.

4.Total confidence and the feeling of being in control at high speeds.

5.Heavyish doors on a Japanese car. A surprise.

6.It is a pink flamingo!
Old 29th June 2024, 22:43   #68
BHPian

Bajaj Caliber original:
The sheer pleasure of riding this bike with its relaxed riding geometry, awesome exhaust sound and the robust suspension. This even after 1.5L+ kms on the odo.

Access 125 BS3:
The instant pickup when the throttle is twisted and the throat sound of the engine is a pleasure to experience. Results in occasional wheelspins as well.

Bajaj Pulser 180 UG3:
The instances where the perfect rev-matching is achieved during downshifts. And the oddly satisfying mid range pull of the bike even at this age and 49k+ kms.

Hyundai Eon(sold):
The robust nature of the engine and suspension even when it was redlined and ridden fast on potholed roads. The arrow straight and well designed high beam throw.

Tata Altroz:
The car gripping the road like on rails when thrown into the curves. The satisfaction of keeping the speed up during back to back turns without having to worry about braking and accelerating. The rear taillight design at night when the lamps are lit.
Old 29th June 2024, 23:46   #69
BHPian

Jeep Compass 2022 1.4 Multiair

If you ask me, owning a Jeep itself is an oddly satisfying thing. Instantly you are viewed as someone who is willing to take a risk, someone who doesn't care about "kitna deti hai", someone who prefers not to follow the herd etc. The "Jeep Life" and the Jeep activity group drives have created fond memories and friendships for us. Apart from that there are a couple of things I find very satisfying.

I really like the golf ball like gear shifter of the manual compass. It just feels perfect in my palm and I never get tired of holding it.
Another thing is the small Jeep sticker on the windshield. When driven in direct sun, that sticker creates a nice shadow of a classic Jeep on the A pillar which I find to be a very nice touch.
Then there is the handling. Half of my daily driving is through twisty and curvy roads and it is indeed very satisfying how the Compass holds itself steady through those curves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks