Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2024, 15:02   #31
BHPian

Re: What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?

Premier Padmini (Fiat):
People mover, this car could fit more people than my XUV700. I dont know how.
The low height and seating position. Felt like race car back in the days.
Steering gear. Grandfather of the paddle shifters

Avanti Garellie:
A 50cc moped that did 60kmph and 80kmpl.
I learnt the mechanics on this engine. Used to service it myself.
Learnt to tune the carburetor engine. Understood the working of timing, spark, jet, clutch, auto gear etc.
A gift from dad at 16

Kawasaki Caliber:
Before the manufacturers and community decided what an advernture bike was, this was mine.
Have done many road trips on this commuter with a modified seat.
Off-roading was common because there were not many
It felt larger that it was because of its exhaust note and larger fuel tank of the time.
Many adventures and memories.
Hoodibaba!

Daewoo Matiz:
This was an engineering marvel.
Was comfortable, fast, peppy and loads of space in a compact package.
Love the steering.

Maruti 800 MPFI:
Predecessor to Lord Alto. Go anywhere.
With LPG conversion and tuning this was a rocket.

Spark:
It was Matiz minus peppy engine even though this was 4cyl 1000cc and Matiz was 3cyl 800cc.
It was Red and kept shinning. Looked great. Silent.

Duster:
My first Diesel. Loved the torque and sound.
Very reliable. Not a single issue in 11yrs 93000 kms or ownership
The confidence to take the road not taken. Water wading capacity. It was a thrill to drive.

Tiago:
Solid build. Feels like a mini tank and go anywhere attitude.
Peppy engine and super quick up&down gear shifts in AMT during enthusiastic driving.
I like the sharp shark like front face.

Bullet:
The balance to ride without putting your foot down in slow traffic.
The all metal heavy weight gives a solid macho feel every time you take it out.

XUV700 Diesel:
Bring a smile every time you push the pedal to the metal.
The panoramic sunroof with multiple open configurations. Has good vibes.

Last edited by HillMan : 21st June 2024 at 15:22.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 16:29   #32
BHPian

Indica Vista TDI:-

1) A very spacious car for 4.35 lakhs on road with diesel engine.
2) Although floaty suspension but the soft suspension provided awesome comfort over bad roads

XUV 500:-
1) Seating feel
2) Acceleration
3) Robust feeling while driving over bad roads.

XUV 700 Automatic and AWD:-
1) Butter smooth steering wheel
2) How easily the AWD makes the situation easy, when the car gets stuck.
3) Soft suspension (although noisy)
Old 21st June 2024, 16:41   #33

Citroen C3

Riding through pot holes doesn't bother me anymore. Feels like riding on a cloud even through our bad roads.

The low end torque from the engine and gear rations tuned for city speeds. I shift far less at low speeds compared to my 1.2NA Dzire. I don't miss an automatic.
Old 21st June 2024, 16:50   #34
GTI

The seats in my mom's Sunny. I have no idea how Nissan did it, but those are some of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. Comparable even to an C Class imo.
Old 21st June 2024, 17:05   #35
BHPian

In Hycross and Jazz, there are bottle holders in front of AC vents which are real saviours in summer drives!
Old 21st June 2024, 17:14   #36
BHPian

Superb:

The center console and the classy analog dial, especially at night, really stand out.

What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-superb-night.jpg

XUV400:

The gear lever actually left quite an impression on me. Last year, I had the chance to drive an Outlander in Iceland for two weeks, and I found myself really liking its gear lever. When we bought the XUV400 earlier this year, I was suddenly reminded of the Outlander's lever.

The outlander's

What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-outlander-gear-lever.jpg

XUV400's

What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-xuv400-gear-lever.jpg
Old 21st June 2024, 17:59   #37

The most "oddly-satisfying" things for me in any car is if the car has a really good sure slotting gearbox, changing gears becomes a lot of fun.

While my Hyundai Aura MT doesn't have the best slotting gearbox out there but it is pretty good and I love changing gears even though the car has really good gearbox such that you can comfortably do 20kmph in 4th gear.

Another thing is the door closing thud sound in well built cars. Love this sound in my Safari and all the VW cars.
Old 21st June 2024, 18:31   #38
BHPian

I love the way a vehicle allows me to drive without any gauge. Wind, and tyre noises (should be a mild hum) with minimal engine noise & weights on the steering are my top things. And of course, a solid thud when the door closes.

Windows down wind blowing in my ear is my way of cruising most of the time.

Visually I love simple uniform lines, without many cuts and creases.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 18:35   #39

Right now driving a Kuv 100 k4, and it doen't have an electronic orvm adjustment and if any other family member drives the car, then I have to fully extend to the passenger side to adjust the mirror according to my adjustments when it's my turn to drive again.

It was not frustrating at the beginning but whenever I drive my friend's car which has a dedicated electronic orvm adjustment, it just feels like a luxury to me.

P.S- I love my car and it's the first car of our family. Just this little feature feels like a miss.
Old 21st June 2024, 18:39   #40
BHPian

Trying to avoid the obvious benefits of these cars

Skoda Kushaq - the size. Complementing the BMW 3 series I feel it is the sweet spot for me with mix use of highways and traffic in terms of size. Never feels underpowered on highways but also never feels odd to maneuver in most types of traffic. It feels so easy to navigate through tricky small roads where you have previous trained yourself to go through in a bigger car

BMW 320 D (F30) - Fuel economy. Getting 18kmpl on an average is a big plus. Not having to worry for 1000 km for refueling in such a performance Sedan is very satisfying. Even when range is low you know it will give you more than that.
Old 21st June 2024, 19:07   #41
BHPian

Talking about my XUV300 TurboSport, there are many things that are satisfying about it, but I'll give you two - one less odd and one very odd.

1. The less odd thing is the torque and how peak torque comes in fairly early. If there's a tentative car/ bike/ auto going just so fast as to not permit you to overtake easily (in any other car in the same class) but also just so slow as to make you feel constrained and force you to concentrate much harder than usual, the TurboSport will absolutely back you up.

2. The rather odd (and most satisfying) thing about the car is that the front doors each accommodate two bottles - one 1-litre and another smaller one. I almost always drink hot water, and carry it around in a flask. Since the water is hot, I use a tumbler to drink. So the flask goes in one bottle-holder, and the tumbler in another. This is extremely satisfying to me. I am so grateful for this. I thank the designers every time I take a look at the bottle-holders. It's one of the things about the car that makes me the most happy.
naadopaasaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 19:38   #42
BHPian

For the 2nd Gen Skoda Superb in India:

1) The car used to come with a soft touch boot closing. Simply lightly latch the boot until the locking lever and watch the system gently suck it in with a very satisfying click. It was one of the most satisfying mechanism for me out of any of the cars I’ve owned

2) Chunky AT Gear selector: The first few iterations of the superb came with a very chunky square/regtangularish gear selector in the automatic dsg variants. When you used to hold onto the selector and slot it below P into drive with those satisfying clicks in the middle it was an experience that never got old. I have never been an automatic guy, I prefer my cars manual but this car’s AT was something else

For the Jetta 1.4 TSI: The car had a very audible turbo noise if you kept the windows down, IMHO it was one of the best sounding factory turbos. Inside the cabin it is pin drop silent but when you are in the mood for a bit of spirited driving with the windows the turbo whooshes and greets you every time and reminds you that you indeed are driving a TSI motor.
Old 21st June 2024, 20:59   #43

These are the things I love about my Hector CVT

1) The effortless climb when in the mountains
2) The luxurious feel every-time I sit behind the wheels
3) The fantastic second row space on offer and how both young and old travel long distances happily
4) Almost all the things one can think of is present
Old 21st June 2024, 21:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

The practical boot of the liftback Octavia never ceases to surprise me
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-pxl_20220815_133544447.night.jpg
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-pxl_20230917_020518834.night.jpg
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-pxl_20240327_153703710.jpg
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-pxl_20230223_141653076.jpg
GeeTee TSI is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 21:08   #45
BHPian

CBR250R ABS : The top end and hence the serious speeds it can pull off . This is oddly satisfying despite being a single cylinder quarter litre bike that is 8 years old!

Skoda Rapid TDI: 3rd gear pull is oddly satisfying. The car doesnt need flooring most of the time but I do it often just to get pushed to the seat !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks