Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2024, 10:33   #16
BHPian

Re: What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?

Nexon:
The thud of the doors when you close them firmly.
The acceleration when you floor it in 2nd gear in Sport mode, accompanied by a raucous engine note.

Indica:
The clicks as you turn the key from OFF to IGN.
The sound as you cross 3500 rpm and approach 4000.
ryzen7@5800u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 10:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Creta IVT

1. Puddle lamp which helps in dark parking places

2. Welcome function which makes mirror fold open when you approach the car with the keys in pocket. Somehow it feels that car is happy to see you !

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 21st June 2024 at 10:52.
Old 21st June 2024, 11:02   #18

My TATA TIGOR XMA

1) VALUE FOR MONEY - I can't believe it costed me 7 lakh on road back then.
2) SHARP LOOKS - In the world where Compact Sedans become synonym for Uglyness, TIGOR is an exemption.
Attached Thumbnails
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-tigor.jpg  

TIGORIAN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 11:39   #19
BHPian

i20

Autofolding ORVM. Helps to ensure the car is locked and also don't have to worry about other vehicles hitting the open mirrors when parked in tight spaces.

TVS Wego
1. center stand; it is vey very easy to put the scooter in center stand, no external help needed. Every time I want to put the Suzuki access in center stand, I have to call for help.

2. body balance. I can balance the vehicle exceptionally well even at very low speeds with out having the need to put my feet down. Now I have made it a habit to do a 'slow speed race' while reaching red signals and getting away with out having to touch the ground. Also helps while riding in water logged areas with shoes on.
d.w.w. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 12:11   #20
BHPian

Thar
- Sheer road presence and way it rules the road are probably the most important satisfaction for me [especially when unruly cab drivers try to cut lane but fail due to the road presence]

- Oddly satisfying thing is when I drive at nights, flash highbeam once and when the car in front notices something like - O |||| O - in the rear view mirror and gives way.

Wagon R

- Great fun to drive within city, pocket friendly.
- Oddly satisfying thing - Auto folding mirrors [since it is not available in Thar ]
nax04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 12:52   #21
BHPian

Oddly Satisfying

The gears on Ritz. The angle in which it was present was something I loved! It was also nicely gated and I could operate it with just a flick of the writst. Still miss that!!
amitayu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 12:58   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Polo GT TSi 2020 3 Cylinder (1 ltr).

I almost love everything about this car and so far this is the best I have ever owned.

All four windows one touch up and down, also the same can be done by long press of “Unlock” button and all close by long press of “Lock” button on remote. That becomes a saviour in summers especially.

TC Gearbox is a godsend after DSG horror stories of the past, totally reliable, so far I have done 62K KMs with only regular timely service from A S S.

Floor the accelerator and it shoots like a rocket - always puts a smile on my face every time I shoot it from a traffic signal.

Best and worst mileage that I have received remains between 10-11 KMPL to 23 KMPL on strict 80KMPH on cruise control.

Looks almost as new as it was due to the Red colour that I keep shining with regular washing and polishing.

The biggest reason why it puts a smile on my face is when my kiddo asks me why all her friends (mostly boys) repeat twice when she tells them we have a Polo GT and that she is going to get it once she gets her DL.
Rohitthebest is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 12:59   #23
BHPian

While my regular ride the Vista never set the sales charts on fire, there are many things that are oddly satisfying and make it an underrated gem:

- The superb and tractable 90 bhp Fiat MJD engine with a VGT - the car never runs out of power and can outrun most of the NA hatchbacks on the road

- The sheer amount of space inside. It is truly sedan class

- The hydraulic steering which is just right in terms of feel

- Two levels of lumbar support with comfortable seats make long drives a breeze. I never get tired while driving the car, no matter how long the drive.

- Tata's parts durability and low cost of ownership over the last 11 years - the rear suspension has never been changed in 1.32 lakh kms and that holds true for many of the other parts as well. There have been many years post the warranty period where I have only spent on the annual service. The Vista is cheaper to maintain than a Swift and an i10 in my friends and family circle despite the much lower running of those cars.

- The build quality is simply superb and even the rear bumper can take a lot of abuse - there have been multiple rear ending incidents where the car escaped with minimal damage.

- The lack of rattles

Last edited by Neversaygbye : 21st June 2024 at 13:05.
Neversaygbye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 13:03   #24
BHPian

My take of owing a car or any vehicle for that matter, is the sense of freedom it offers! Sit in/on it and drive/ride to anywhere you want!

The beauty of the open road when in your vehicle is something else!
The smell of fresh air in the mountains or the wind gusting by at the beach is something else!
The smell of petrol when you fill your tank is something else!
The butterfly in your stomach when you floor the pedal or turn the throttle is something else!
Waving back to smiling kids when you pass by the school bus is something else!
Appreciating a good looking motor vehicle when you pass by or it passes by you is something else!
The meditative trance that you get into while driving/riding your vehicle is something else!
The sad feeling of parting away from your ride after a long ride/drive is something else!
Old 21st June 2024, 13:05   #25
BHPian

With Octavia 2.0 DSG, I have a fair bit of things which are very satisfying for me

* Electronically Controlled Individual Child and Window Lock: Having an electronically controlled child and window lock is a game-changer, especially when you have a curious 2-year-old in the back seat. No more awkwardly reaching over to manually unlock the rear doors—you can handle it all from the driver’s seat.

* Goodbye to Rotary Dials: The absence of rotary dials gives your car a sleek and modern look. While some might miss the tactile feel of traditional knobs, I appreciate the clean aesthetics. Touch controls are the way to go forward.

* Black Headliner: Opting for a black headliner adds a touch of sophistication and practicality. No need to fret about dirt marks or smudges—it’s a win-win. Plus, the play of beige and black creates a classy interior vibe and makes it look more upmarket too.

* Mammoth Boot with Electronic Open/Close: A massive boot is a blessing, especially during long trips. Packing for 20 days and having everything fit seamlessly—impressive! And the electronic boot operation makes life easier, whether you’re loading or unloading. No more accidental low-height parking mishaps either! (A Seltos in the family has taken a beating on this countless times)

* Adaptive Matrix LED Lights: These lights are more than just aesthetics. Apart from the auto levelling dance at the crank, they actively illuminate road patches and adjust to prevent dazzling oncoming drivers.

* Ambient light indicating an open/unlocked door: Apart from the usual ambient light turning red for any of the open doors, there is also a feature where the light would flash green on unlock and red on lock when all doors are *completed locked*. There was a situation last year when the latch of one of the doors went kaput which I could only detect when both puddle lights and ambient lights were not flashing red on locking the car and got it rectified. The belongings were secured due to this useful behaviour.
Attached Thumbnails
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-2021skodaoctavia20.jpg  

Last edited by rahul1407 : 21st June 2024 at 13:06.
rahul1407 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 13:07   #26

1. Fiat Premier Padmini (1996):
Front Bench type seat which gave a homely feeling back when I was a toddler... What a memory!! Metal Bumpers, which gave it a tough and robust type personality.

2. Hyundai Santro Xing (2009):
Small puny size made it easy to drive & enter in tight spots of Mumbai. Maybe that's the reason why cabbies of Mumbai chose it over any other models. My Mom called it "Jerry" for its shape and overall tall boy design.

3. Maruti Suzuki Baleno (2018):
Frugal 1.2L NA Engine mated to a smooth 5MT makes it quite smooth ride overall, for city errands and short tours. Remains stable at permissible Highway Speed Limits as well. Interior space(especially rear legroom) and infotainment features is something really matters to all of us, makes it really VFM for the time.
mercrun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 14:13   #27

Hello Petrolheads! This is going to be my first post in Team-BHP.

Owning a nice car you wish, is always a special feel and it gives you a sense of accomplishment. I always look back at my car after I park it! As someone said “If you don’t look back at your car after you park it, you probably bought a wrong car”.

There’s a long list of oddly satisfying things about the cars I own/owned (specific to each car). But one common thing I would like to mention is, getting a good shot of your car. It simply gives me immense amount of joy & happiness whenever I see those photos.

Let me share some.

BMW 320i F30, current daily.
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-img_2769.jpeg

Nissan Pathfinder 4.0L V6. Currently own.
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-img_2546.jpeg

Toyota 86, for some “ME” moments, currently own.
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-img_2576.jpeg

Ford Focus, my first car in UAE. Sold.
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-img_1295_jpg.jpeg

Ford Fiesta, owned for a brief period. Loved it!
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-20220512_09320401_original.jpeg

Do I need to mention? Such a joy it was!
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-6afd211b6a964d90a7e7893061fa995b.jpeg

The special car, 2011 Chevrolet Beat. This is a special car. I bought it as scrap and rebuilt it by my own. Treated it like my child. Owned for 4 years.
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-52.jpeg

The last 2 wheels I owned! Sadly in UAE, it simply not safe to ride. (Because of harsh weather & super high speed roads). The 86 is the replacement now.
What are some of the oddly satisfying things about your car / bike?-185.jpeg

Pardon me for any mistake. Photos are clicked with mobile cameras.

Happy motoring!
SomrajSG
SomrajSG is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 14:29   #28
BHPian

Tiago XZ 2017, 45k km
  • Steering feel is good - the weight is proportional to speed. It is light at parking speed and weights up as the speed increases.
  • Steering auto return works well and is very useful after U-turns or during parking, etc.
  • 2 Extra wipes after a delay after using the windshield washer.
  • Rear wiper starts automatically when reverse gear is engaged while the windshield wiper is on.
  • Music volume reduces when reverse gear is engaged to allow reverse sensor beeps to be more audible.
  • Indicator has lane change feature with 3 flashes.
  • Doors automatically lock above 20 km/h
  • Doors don't automatically unlock when ignition is switched off. They unlock only when the key is removed from the lock.
  • All the doors can be unlocked at once by partially pulling the driver door latch.
  • Cabin light dims to off.
  • Cabin light comes on when the car is unlocked.
  • Horn beeps once if the car is locked with any door open or partially closed.
  • Music system volume can be increased with speed.
  • Headlights can activated from the remote to find your car or if you need light around the car. It automatically switches off after 30 seconds.
  • Headlights leveling dial is on the stalk next to the headlight switch. It's easy to find and use compared to something placed somewhere on the dashboard.
  • AC is powerful (but noisy).
  • Steering stalk switches feel robust and premium. The other switches feel average, though.
  • The outside mirror adjustment switch is conveniently placed and feels good.
  • The interiors and dashboard have held up well and don't show any signs of fading or cracking.
I was very suprised when I found that many cars from a segment above don't have some of these comfort and convenience features. The Honda jazz comes to mind.

There are many things I don't like about my car but this is not the place for those.
Motard_Blr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 14:52   #29
BHPian

My Honda Jazz (P VX 2015):
Magic Seats' capability to practically let me carry my 'whole house' with me while travelling 1k+ kms (Bombay <-> Bangalore)

My Dad's Toyota Etios (D VX 2013):
The grunt and tractability of the D4D even with 5 passengers and a boot full of luggage
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 14:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.w.w. View Post
TVS Wego
1. center stand; it is vey very easy to put the scooter in center stand, no external help needed. Every time I want to put the Suzuki access in center stand, I have to call for help.

2. body balance. I can balance the vehicle exceptionally well even at very low speeds with out having the need to put my feet down. Now I have made it a habit to do a 'slow speed race' while reaching red signals and getting away with out having to touch the ground. Also helps while riding in water logged areas with shoes on.
Man, I miss ours. Fun fact, it even had a “body balance tech” sticker on it! I’m not sure what exactly that was, perhaps it was a gimmicky name for an even weight distribution?
TheHelix0202 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks