Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2024, 15:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Renault Austral Hybrid SUV spotted testing in India

The Renault Austral hybrid SUV has been caught testing on Indian roads. It is not the first time a global model from Renault’s line-up has been spotted in India. Earlier, the Renault Arkana was also seen testing on Indian roads.

Renault Austral Hybrid SUV spotted testing in India-renaultaustralhybridspottedtestinginindia.jpg

The Austral is the replacement for the Kadjar. It is based on the CMF-CD platform and measures 4,510 mm in length, 1,825 mm in width, 1,644 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,667 mm. The test car seen in these images is the E-Tech version, which uses a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine paired with a 400V hybrid system. It has a combined output of 200 BHP.

Renault Austral Hybrid SUV spotted testing in India-renaultaustralhybridspottedtestinginindia1.jpg

In terms of its design, the Austral features Renault’s signature front grille with a large diamond logo in the centre. It has C-shaped LED headlights and similarly shaped taillights with a light bar.

Inside, the Austral gets a dual-screen setup featuring a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and a vertically oriented 12-inch touchscreen in the centre. The SUV is equipped with several features, including a 360-degree camera and ADAS.

Source: Rushlane

Link to Team-BHP news
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 16:36   #2
BHPian

re: Renault Austral Hybrid SUV spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Renault Austral hybrid SUV has been caught testing on Indian roads. It is not the first time a global model from Renault’s line-up has been spotted in India. Earlier, the Renault Arkana was also seen testing on Indian roads.
Even the Renault modus was spotted testing in India (SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6)

Renault Austral Hybrid SUV spotted testing in India-renault_modus_phase_i_1.6_16v.jpg

But, it never made it to India (what a great loss). I think (I am not sure I was 4 back then) Renault was in a much better position in 2011 than it is now. If they didn't launch an international variant then, they probably won't now (pure speculation)

But the Renault Modus is a small car, maybe that is why it didn't come to India.....

I hope it makes it to India, it looks chic.

Last edited by chiekennugget : 19th June 2024 at 16:41.
chiekennugget is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 17:57   #3

Definitely looks stunning. I really wish it makes it to India. The 30 lakhs segment is currently dominated by the XUV7OO and Safari. If Renault launches this at a good price, it would definitely bring good competition to the segment.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th June 2024 at 19:28. Reason: Typos
Duster85 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 18:54   #4
BHPian

Looks quite good TBH. Although I'm pretty sure it won't make it here, it would've been nice competition to what I'm assuming is the XUV7OO, Tata Safari bracket.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th June 2024 at 19:29. Reason: Typos
sh3lby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 22:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Austral Hybrid SUV spotted testing in India

Renault gets many of its models to test in India.
You will find various global Renault models trotting around Mahindra World City, Chennai, where the Renault Nissan Technical Centre, (popularly known as RNTBCI), is located.
Not necessary that the vehicles spotted here are meant for an Indian launch!
Even Nissan, used to get their international models here for testing. Nowadays not many Nissan global models are seen testing.
The Chennai area is an interesting haven for "test-car-spotters". Renault's, Nissan's, Peugeot's, Mitsubishi's, Hyundai's and some years ago Ford's used to be a common sighting.

Last edited by arjab : 19th June 2024 at 22:21. Reason: corrected typos
Old 19th June 2024, 22:39   #6
BHPian

Renault Austral Hybrid SUV spotted testing in India-download.png

That's a good looking vehicle.
Hope it lands on Indian shores.
The Pianist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 10:21   #7
BHPian

It looks beautiful. This looks like something out of a Kia stable than Renault's
Old 20th June 2024, 12:49   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is Renault testing the Austral in India?

Renault is exploring a hybrid powertrain for the new India-bound Duster. The Austral is based on Renault’s bigger CMF-C/D platform, while the new Duster will be built on the comparitively smaller CMF-B platform. The latter's platform will also be used by Nissan to introduce its own Duster-based midsize SUV, while seven-seater derivatives of both will follow too.

India to get the New Duster in 2025.

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th June 2024 at 12:50.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks