Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2024, 14:08   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India

The latest spy shot fully reveals the exterior of Škoda's SUV, showing its split headlight design and the C-shaped wraparound LED tail lights.

Quote:
Internationally, the new Skoda Kodiaq is offered with a plethora of engine choices, including a mild-hybrid, turbo-petrol, diesel and even a plug-in hybrid option. But for India, Skoda might continue with the 2-litre turbo-petrol engine without any sort of electrification.
Expected to launch in India in early 2025, with an expected price of Rs 40 lakh (ex-showroom).

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-screenshot-20240619-140702.png

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-screenshot-20240619-140647.png

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-screenshot-20240619-141020.png

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th June 2024 at 14:17.
volkman10 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 14:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: 2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India

Saw the original Instagram reel. Car looks mature and handsome. Even the current gen car, which I saw a couple times today on the highway. I just wanted Skoda to fix that hideous C pillar glass and now they have. Props to them!

Last edited by aah78 : 21st June 2024 at 05:08. Reason: Fixed on request.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 15:44   #3
BHPian

This is great news!

Glad to see Skoda bringing the latest gen cars to India. Afterall, Indian market is maturing too. But they need to be careful with the pricing and placement or Hycross will run away with all their money. As it is, it has better 3rd row seating than Kodiaq and the sheep mindset of Indian customers will be a helping hand.

Also, if they price it too high then it might start to face competition from the Big 3 Germans. Plus, Skoda should look at electrification too as the competition is coming up with such options and the future is Hybrid.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th June 2024 at 19:00. Reason: Spacing and formatting
mathuranuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 18:41   #4
BHPian

Well this one certainly has some presence, in my opinion. I hope Skoda has got the height of the vehicle correct this time. Last Gen was just about the height of a Creta.

This segment demands presence and brand value. With brand value on their sides, let's see how Skoda tames the other aspect.

Lastly, pricing has to be Meridian, and not Fortuner. Otherwise, it's a chapter closed on arrival.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th June 2024 at 18:59. Reason: Spacing and formatting
PB65 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 18:58   #5
BHPian

If this is a CKD then the expected price of 40L seems fair but if it is same as Superb then this will be DOA as the pricing will be close to 60L ex showroom.

Design wise for me, the outgoing car seems nicer, this looks more of a station wagon and that C pillar is so not Skoda .
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 19:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The latest spy shot fully reveals the exterior of Škoda's SUV, showing its split headlight design and the C-shaped wraparound LED tail lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65 View Post
I hope Skoda has got the height of the vehicle correct this time. Last Gen was just about the height of a Creta.

This segment demands presence and brand value. With brand value on their sides, let's see how Skoda tames the other aspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Design wise for me, the outgoing car seems nicer, this looks more of a station wagon and that C pillar is so not Skoda .
Though Skoda is calling it as 2nd gen, it's more of an extensive refreshed model than an altogether new generation. The platform is same, engine offering is same (Talking about the 2.0L)

For the new one, it will offer better designed interiors, better infotainment, but it's also more Station wagon like with potentially lesser headroom. This is definitely shorter than the current one we have.

Current one has wider C frame window which appeals to some more than the upcoming ones garnished off C frame window. But as one of our friend here pointed out, there are folks who likes it the other way as well.

This looks like a best time for folks looking at the Kodiaq to make the decision. Either get the current one for what it's offering, and potentially better pricing, or wait for the one with the plusses and minuses it brings in.

Pricing will be like a lottery. It boils down to the 'think tank' at Skoda. It would be awesome if the new generation comes in the current ones bracket, but going by the trend, that looks like wishful thinking.

[EDIT: Added current/upcoming pictures for easy reference]

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-screenshot-20240619-7.45.008239pm.png

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-screenshot-20240619-7.44.508239pm.png

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-screenshot-20240619-7.44.008239pm.png

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-screenshot-20240619-7.44.108239pm.png

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-screenshot-20240619-7.44.328239pm.png

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-screenshot-20240619-7.44.218239pm.png

Last edited by sarathlal : 19th June 2024 at 19:47. Reason: Added current/upcoming pictures for easy reference
sarathlal is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 20:19   #7

To me the new one looks far better. It has a more elegant look. Like others have pointed out, pricing will be key. The interiors on the new one can give the 3 Germans a run for their money. Looks so elegant!
2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-img_0370.jpeg

Last edited by manson : 20th June 2024 at 23:54.
Duster85 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 21:06   #8
BHPian

Definitely looks good but that C-Pillar kinda resembles to that of Tucson.

Please Skoda just price this right! Can we expect this to be launched at ₹39.99-45.99L?
sharmanova is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 21:41   #9
BHPian

Re: 2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India

As the owner of current generation Kodiaq 2.0 TSI, I hate that stuck on infotainment screen - bit too intrusive. I like current dash-blended screen. Rest of interiors looks better.

As for rear, I am all for current generation - just love those tail lights glow up in dark parking.
SilverSmoke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 21:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmanova View Post
Please Skoda just price this right! Can we expect this to be launched at ₹39.99-45.99L?
Seeing what they did with the Superb, I expect nothing less than 55-60L.
But hey, at least we are getting the current version instead of the clearance sale that was the recent Superb launch.

It is going to be increasingly difficult to buy cars with every year as the salaries are not going up at the pace the cost of cars is climbing.
vredesbyrd is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 22:37   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Though Skoda is calling it as 2nd gen, it's more of an extensive refreshed model than an altogether new generation. The platform is same, engine offering is same (Talking about the 2.0L)
For the new one, it will offer better designed interiors, better infotainment, but it's also more Station wagon like with potentially lesser headroom. This is definitely shorter than the current one we have.
Looks like Skoda is going for a more cleaner look. The last gen (i.e. pre facelift) has a lot of lines & cuts and creases on its side. Actually looked really nice.

The new one in the spy shots looks more modernized.
The pre facelifted one had a look of sophistication to it, while having that look of premium German car.

Best cosmetic upgrade one could do after buying any of the Kodiaq is to wrap the black cladding around the car in the colour of the car's paintwork. And trust me, that looks a lot more premium. I had seen a Gloster and an Alcazar, both of them actually stood apart from the other ones on the road.

Last edited by manson : 20th June 2024 at 23:55.
Old 19th June 2024, 22:42   #12
BHPian

Skoda ought to bring the Diesel engines back.
Its hurting them big time.
The Pianist is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 02:22   #13
BHPian

Lack of 3rd row AC is a big fail in India. What were they thinking?
Voyager-1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 09:45   #14
BHPian

I love those interiors. It was high time since they changed it. They have had the same interiors in the Kodiaq since 2017. Not saying they are outdated, they still look elegant but when other cars are offering those huge displays and have that modern feel Skoda had to change it. Moreover since almost everyone is switching to those fully touch panels, I feel it is really an unique way by Skoda to introduce those smart dials. Overall cabin looks more polished, clean, minimalistic and that big touch screen gives it that 'Techy' feel that MG offers. The exterior design has become bolder from the rear and side, but I still think it is not enough to compete with the fortuner. To me anyday, Kodiaq looks better than any other compeitiors but the same thinking is not what drives the sales in this segment. If somehow Skoda prices it aggressively and most importantly not have huge waiting period then the sales would definitely increase. It still wont be able to compete with Fortuner in terms of sales, but atleast we could see more Kodiaqs on the road.

Not having the TDI engine and the high service costs will always hold them back.

Last edited by emperor : 20th June 2024 at 10:11.
emperor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 10:19   #15
BHPian

This is on expected lines, should be launched around festival period this year. We are also seeing some shots of updated Slavia but interestingly no sign of the new Tiguan or any updates to the Virtus!

Does the new Skoda leadership in India mean VW will take a backseat and make Skoda their primary focus?
Bhodrolok is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks