Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2024, 11:03   #16

Re: 2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India

I test drove the current Kodiaq a few days ago and I asked the sales assistant about the launch of the new generation Kodiaq, he told me that it will be a CBU like the Superb so it will likely be above 60 lakhs on road.

Last edited by manson : 20th June 2024 at 23:56. Reason: Minor formatting corrections
SamGG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 11:45   #17

Couple of observations:

Side mirror location is improved and following what may be Honda started for better visibility.

Connected tail lamps is following the crowd and unlike Skoda. Personally I like the current tail lamps

Last edited by KarthikK : 20th June 2024 at 11:58.
Old 20th June 2024, 12:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

The present Kodiaq is a very accomplished vehicle. I had the opportunity to drive one and was impressed by its overall performance, powertrain and handling characteristics.
Althought it is a large vehicle, (in the Indian context at least), the well weighted and easy to use controls, good visibility, extremely comfortable seats, tractable power delivery, firm yet well-damped suspension, excellent headlights: all came together to make the driving experience very pleasurable indeed. The HVAC, in my opinion, felt a bit weak in the scorching Indian climes.

I hope the new, refurbished model builds on the strengths of the old. The AWD is also pretty good. Capable of handling 90% of mild off roading excursions which it may be subjected to.

Hope Skoda prices it sensibly or at least has multiple variants on offer to provide potential customers a wide price band.

Last edited by arjab : 20th June 2024 at 12:35. Reason: corrected typos
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 09:21   #19
BHPian

Are they going to bring in the diesel? If not, I don't see this going anywhere serious in terms of sales.
Old 21st June 2024, 09:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
As the owner of current generation Kodiaq 2.0 TSI.
Hi SilverSmoke. As you have mentioned that you are an existing Kodiaq owner, I wanted to clarify on the regular fuel refills. We read a lot of issues with other Skoda cars in the forum specially around fuel quality and requirement of only RON 95 fuel. Do you have a similar experience ? How do you manage on long highway travels if that is the case indeed as most of the places on highways have questionable fuel quality. So thoughts on this from you would be great.
Old 21st June 2024, 10:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Thoughts on this from you would be great.
It certainly require clean fuel. But yeah, I found 2.0 TSI to be more tolarant to fuel quality than 1 or 1.5 TSI.

I once filled up with XP100 from an unknown bunk & suffered a lot. From then, I took the pledge never to fill from unknown points. Also, I never ever fill below 95 octane - long trips in remote areas can be exception. Can carry some trusted fuel in jerry cans but it's not possible most of the time.

Long trips can be little bit troublesome as you never know what quality is going in. After this incident I regularly use Luiqi Moly Injector Cleaner & its working fabulously. Also, I carry two three units of it on long trips & pour it in after fill up whenever I doubt the fuel quality - this protocol keeping all well.

Otherwise, 2.0 TSI is fantastic to drive & own.

You can also check below posts for deeper insights what happened with bad XP100 fill up -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5731292 (2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG)
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 12:14   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I typically do some solid research to identify and personally speak to fuel bunk managers enroute to confirm that they have RON95 fuel.

Down South here I’m amazed to find many IOCL remote bunks carrying XP95 because of the demand from superbike and supercar convoys.
Old 21st June 2024, 18:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Best cosmetic upgrade one could do after buying any of the Kodiaq is to wrap the black cladding around the car in the colour of the car's paintwork. And trust me, that looks a lot more premium.
You are referring to the LnK paint scheme no? Yep the rear cuts in that scheme looks fabulous.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4590934 (Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review)
Old 21st June 2024, 18:35   #24
BHPian

I am starting to look at a replacement for my superb 2020 L&K Superb (42K).
I want to explore a 5 seater , 2 L petrol SUV but they are a vanishing breed.
I’m waiting for the 2024 Tiguan and the 2024 Kodiaq but both seem will be 7 seaters. We don’t prefer a big car for Mumbai but feel we will have to choose either a crossover (crest/seltos/taigun) or the 7 seaters.
Old 23rd June 2024, 19:00   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
You are referring to the LnK paint scheme no? Yep the rear cuts in that scheme looks fabulous.

Yeah, but even in the L&K (thread) there still was some thin black cladding, wrapping that up too lifts the feel much much higher in my opinion.
But, yeah L&K makes the Kodiaq look much much better than the style variant, worth the extra.
csv8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 08:03   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics of the 2nd Gen Kodiaq testing in India,

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-gqqqkngwoaavyn2.jpg

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-gqqqknkxkaajjt.jpg

2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India-gqqqknowoaadf0z.jpg

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 21:22   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Hoping for a few things:

• Skoda prices in line with current gen Kodiaq on sale now in India, around 40 lakhs for the top-end (maybe a bit more) and not like the way they have priced the Superb relaunch.
  • Skoda continues to offer Dynamic Chassis Control
  • We get the 2.0 TSI ideally with a mild hybrid powertrain to improve FE.
The vehicle has to come in as CKD to hit the price target above. A CBU will end up having to be priced 60 lakhs plus.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 24th June 2024 at 21:24.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 13:39   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pianist View Post
Skoda ought to bring the Diesel engines back.
Its hurting them big time.
Yes they had some of the best diesel engines! Why would anyone buy an underpowered 2 litre petrol engine at this price point I wonder.

If not Diesel then at least a strong hybrid is needed for acceptable fuel economy.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 20:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Why would anyone buy an underpowered 2 litre petrol engine at this price point I wonder. .
Curious to know what makes you say 2 litre petrol engine is underpowered?

I recently test drove this motor multiple times and came back very very impressed. The official review section also mentions the same as "The performance of this engine is strong with 187 BHP and 320 Nm on tap."

Link : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5238425 (2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG)

Last edited by Keynote : 25th June 2024 at 20:28.
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 01:35   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Yes they had some of the best diesel engines! Why would anyone buy an underpowered 2 litre petrol engine at this price point I wonder.

If not Diesel then at least a strong hybrid is needed for acceptable fuel economy.
The petrol engine far outperforms the diesel on all counts. The 0-100 time of the 2.0 TDI earlier offered was close to 10 seconds, whereas the 2.0 TSI dispenses this in under 8 seconds.

The EA888 petrol is a fabulous motor that was originally developed by Audi and won the Wards Best Engine Crown for many years in the last decade. The VAG group has been continually improving the TSI motor while development efforts on the diesel engines are stalled on account of the longer term strategy to phase out Diesels.

I do wish they would bring a 48V mild hybrid system as an add on to the 2.0 TSI, that would provide even better performance and boost the fuel economy, (the latter is a weak point of this motor). Alas, VW group seem to be restricting the mild hybrid tech to the 1.0 TSI and 1.5TSI engines.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 26th June 2024 at 01:42.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks