Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2024, 18:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq & Slavia prices slashed by around Rs 1 lakh

Skoda has slashed the prices of the Kushaq and Slavia by around Rs 1 lakh for a limited period. The Kushaq range now starts at Rs 10.89 lakh, while the Slavia is priced at Rs 10.69 lakh (ex-showroom).

Skoda Kushaq & Slavia prices slashed by around Rs 1 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240618-4.39.26-pm.jpeg

Skoda has also renamed some of the variants. The Kushaq is available in five trims – Classic, Onyx, Signature, Monte Carlo, and Prestige. The Slavia comes in three trims – Classic, Signature, and Prestige.

According to Skoda, the new strategy has been adopted to make the brand more accessible to a wider set of customers. Petr Janeba, Brand Director, Skoda Auto India, said, “We have achieved some efficiencies in the Kushaq and the Slavia, which has enabled us to enhance the value in our offerings and pass on the benefits to our customers and fans.”

Skoda Kushaq & Slavia prices slashed by around Rs 1 lakh-screenshot-20240618-182913.jpg

No mechanical changes have been made to the Kushaq and Slavia, though. Both models are available with 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engines. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, a 6-speed automatic, and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic.

Link to Team-BHP news
TusharK is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 18:35   #2
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq & Slavia prices slashed by around Rs 1 lakh

I think they maybe clearing up the existing stock efficiently before the new gen arrives. There were reports of New Slavia testing sometime back on the forum.
Old 18th June 2024, 18:57   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda have been holding on-line sales events on the 24th of April and May, to celebrate 24 years in India. The discounts offered at those events were a lot more and effective prices much lower than what we are seeing in this price reduction. I think Skoda will need to continue to discount on top of these new lowered prices to move stock.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 20:23   #4
BHPian

It's great to see manufacturers passing on cost savings, but a limited-time offer on a supposedly "efficient" car is a bit confusing.

This isn't the first time VW's strategy has left me scratching my head. A few years ago, I was set on the Karoq, but it vanished from their lineup. Then the T-Roc did the same disappearing act. Fast forward to 2021, I watched the Kushaq launch with genuine interest, but something felt off.

It appears that VW is resting on its past success? Their silence on future plans makes it hard to tell. Here's hoping they get their act together – I, for one, am eager to see what they have in store!
youknowitbetter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 20:54   #5
BHPian

During the launch and the very first year, the prices of Kushaq were quite similar but in different variant names - Active, Ambition and Style. My mid variant Ambition in Jan 2022 costed 12.79L ex showroom.

So essentially Skoda has just rolled back the price hikes in the last couple of years and calling them with different variant names now after the poor sales performance. Ignore all the fancy talk about achieving efficiencies and passing the benefits to customers. Hope the feature set remains the same and not cut down with this price drop.

Interestingly, after this price cut, the Sub 4m offering shall be starting at a much lower price with partial overlap to Kushaq probably from 8 to 11L ex showroom.
thanixravindran is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 21:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Just a couple days left to take delivery of my Ambition 1.0 and NOW these guys pull this dumb marketing stunt AND slash the price? COME ON, make up your mind, Skoda!!
TheHelix0202 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 23:29   #7

Aren't the prices for all variants of Slavia increased except for Classic 1.0 MT?

I'm assuming Active, Ambition, and Style have been renamed as Classic, Signature, and Prestige.

Seems like they are masking the price increase with a price cut for Classic alone. And that was overdue anyway since they were not offering the features on the same level as Virtus Comfortline (lack of LED headlamps & 16-inch wheels, etc).

I don't see any change for potential Slavia customers here.
mugmealer142 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 00:08   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Just a couple days left to take delivery of my Ambition 1.0 and NOW these guys pull this dumb marketing stunt AND slash the price?
"Prices prevailing at the time of delivery will apply."

Please ask your dealer if this stands true during times of price reduction as well.
TheGearBox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 00:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

Skoda and its games

The good is - The active/classic is price is where it should be in the first place - 13L on road. It is still not cheap for a car without led lights, having manual AC, no 60:40 split and similar basics. Similar sub-compact 4 meter SUVs go for 9 - 9.5 L.

Onyx is a redundant model now with 2.2 lakhs OTR difference than the base for just led headlights, auto AC, rear washer wiper mainly. Ridiculous. But smartly the Onyx AT has a price premium of just 70k over manual. Obviously the Ambition/Signature is more than value than Onyx MT for just over 1.5 OTR. But Onyx MT is not right priced to start with and Onyx MT will have a discount of 1L from day 1 now.

Rest all models have close to 50- 80k reduction. Nice move but wasn't this already the case with discounts and exchange bonuses and anniversary monthly offers.

Basically not much new to offer. Just marketing tactics for free to remain in the news.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 01:13   #10

Seems like VW/Skoda is eyeing for Creta with the starting price. They seem to forget that Creta has become a brand in itself today. I would rather pick Creta E anyday over Kushaq 1.0 Classic. Boxy Pseudo SUV stance (which Kushaq lacks and Indians are fond of),Utilitarian Interior and space and ease at which the Creta can be modified; all these things make it segment leader.
Bottom line: If Skoda wants to sell it in better volume, they need to do it better. 1.5 Top end is still little bit expensive and might be the best selling model. No need to dilute the brand with aggressive base pricing. People are willing to pay 20L+,you just need to give them what they want, not what you think they want.
Flyingdutchman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 05:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
"Prices prevailing at the time of delivery will apply."

Please ask your dealer if this stands true during times of price reduction as well.
Sadly, it’s a company purchase and the payment went through just yesterday! The dealer didn’t even inform us about the supposed facelift news that came a week or so ago! Plus PDI was already done. And now this…
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 09:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Sadly, it’s a company purchase and the payment went through just yesterday! The dealer didn’t even inform us about the supposed facelift news that came a week or so ago! Plus PDI was already done. And now this…
Even for a company purchase, they would have given discounts on the Ambition variant, No?

I don't see much difference between Ambition and Signature pricing. TBH dealers know nothing about these changes and sadly if they know they will never inform in order to sell the vehicles in stock.
Old 19th June 2024, 10:49   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

An impressive C2 sedan becomes more VFM!

Skoda has been providing discounts individually to customers. Now they have officially announced discounts.

My brother got a good 2.5 lakhs discount on MY23 Slavia 1.5 Style DSG at the start of this month.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 11:17   #14

I would read the statement by Skoda as:

"We are reducing the prices to clear up the stocks as there is not enough demand and in order to come across as an organization which cares about customers, we will say that we have achieved better economies, once there is some momentum to the sales, we will go back to our greedy ways"

Now, I would not term this move as smart, Skoda needs to get down and dirty in the market, generate volumes and establish these relatively new products as brands in the market, maybe then they can look to match something like a Creta in the market. Also, it does not really help their cause when their mid-SUV looks similar in size to a sub 4 meter SUV
GS2323 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 11:43   #15
BHPian

The weak AC is still an achilles' heel despite the price cut.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th June 2024 at 18:11.
Bhokal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks