Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2024, 12:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq & Slavia prices slashed by around Rs 1 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Sadly, it’s a company purchase and the payment went through just yesterday! The dealer didn’t even inform us about the supposed facelift news that came a week or so ago! Plus PDI was already done. And now this…
I know it might sound unethical but honestly it's not dealer's obligation to inform potential customers about future upgrades, new model releases or price corrections if those are not officially published. Why would they be upfront and jeopardize sale of current stock? It is different thing if SA or someone from dealership shares such info out of goodwill, in case customer has rapport with them.

Don't worry, these things happen and may be beyond our control. Enjoy your car !

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 19th June 2024 at 12:36.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 12:33   #17

What is the purpose of changing the variant names and confusing customers with this naming strategy and frequent special editions.
Old 19th June 2024, 12:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Even for a company purchase, they would have given discounts on the Ambition variant, No?

I don't see much difference between Ambition and Signature pricing. TBH dealers know nothing about these changes and sadly if they know they will never inform in order to sell the vehicles in stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I know it might sound unethical but honestly it's not dealer's obligation to inform potential customers about future upgrades, new model releases or price corrections if those are not officially published. Why would they be upfront and jeopardize sale of current stock? It is different thing if SA or someone from dealership shares such info with customers out of goodwill or if customer has some rapport with them.
That’s the thing - he didn’t have it readily in stock. He “placed an order to the factory” and got it in a few days (less than 10).

I know it isn’t anything to break my head over but it just leaves a sour taste in the mouth when you’re promised the latest and (not) greatest and then come to know that your selection’s already outdated. Little things like the variant change could have an impact on the resale. Although I must add: if this was a purely personal purchase, I would not give two hoots about it.
TheHelix0202 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 13:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhokal View Post
The weak AC is still an achilles' heal despite the price cut.
Yes, and this is a deal breaker, atleast for me.

Its really disappointing to see a good product like Kushaq and Slavia suffer because of a simple issue which *can* be fixed easily. Fix your AC and you'll get many more customers from North India, Skoda !
Old 19th June 2024, 13:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

The proposition to upgrade to 1.5L TSI seems even more attractive now.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq & Slavia prices slashed by around Rs 1 lakh-gqamg6qaiaawwk0.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq & Slavia prices slashed by around Rs 1 lakh-gqamg6raiaephaf.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 14:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
The proposition to upgrade to 1.5L TSI seems even more attractive now.
Agreed. For comparison the top end DCT Seltos is priced at 23L in Delhi. These are some massive discounts. Back in Dec 2023, when I was in the market, both these cars were neck and neck in pricing!
Old 19th June 2024, 14:07   #22
BHPian

Hasn’t the price increased significantly for the 1.0 MT top end variant? 15.99 ex showroom? The current Virtus 1.0 MT Topline is priced at 15.3 ex showroom if I’m not mistaken. Can someone throw light on this?
Old 19th June 2024, 16:32   #23
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

According to Skoda, the new strategy has been adopted to make the brand more accessible to a wider set of customers. Petr Janeba, Brand Director, Skoda Auto India, said, “We have achieved some efficiencies in the Kushaq and the Slavia, which has enabled us to enhance the value in our offerings and pass on the benefits to our customers and fans.”

How can efficiencies of scale be for a "Limited Period" only?

These are aimed at retaining market share period.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 17:33   #24
BHPian

I don't understand all the negativity around this change. These prices are nearly what Skoda used to offer post discounts so it's not that they short changed customers like Maruti.

Skoda should work much harder to change the public perception that a bare bones Creta E with no rear headrests, no Infotainment, no indicators on ORVMs or no electric adjustment in ORVMs is still better than Kushaq Active/Classic variant.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th June 2024 at 19:34. Reason: Typos
CafeRacer16 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 21:14   #25
BHPian

Feeling sorry for those who recently bought a Monte Carlo in Karnataka. If we compare, there is almost a difference of ~₹3,00,000 in the on-road pricing of Monte Carlo 1.5L DCT before and after the price reduction.
Old 19th June 2024, 23:55   #26

A sudden reduction in prices sometimes makes me think is Skoda meeting the same fate as Ford and Chevy.?
Old 20th June 2024, 01:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Just a couple days left to take delivery of my Ambition 1.0 and NOW these guys pull this dumb marketing stunt AND slash the price? COME ON, make up your mind, Skoda!!
A very opportune time to strike a deal with the dealership to either get pricing updated to make it in line with new pricing, book new one from this newer variant line up altogether, or wait a few months for the facelift; should not be long due.

Also, prices at the time of sale must apply; if he says it’s not applicable at price cut, then tell him the deal is off. Wait for the tables to turn.
Old 20th June 2024, 23:12   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
Hasn’t the price increased significantly for the 1.0 MT top end variant? 15.99 ex showroom? The current Virtus 1.0 MT Topline is priced at 15.3 ex showroom if I’m not mistaken. Can someone throw light on this?
Yes, that's right. All the variants of Slavia have increased in price by around 20-30k except for the Classic 1.0L MT.

All these price reductions are only for Kushaq. Not many people have given attention to the Slavia pricing here.

Can anyone share their thoughts on the Slavia pricing here? Why is the price increased for Slavia but decreased for Kushaq?
Old 21st June 2024, 04:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugmealer142 View Post
Yes, that's right. All the variants of Slavia have increased in price by around 20-30k except for the Classic 1.0L MT.

All these price reductions are only for Kushaq. Not many people have given attention to the Slavia pricing here.

Can anyone share their thoughts on the Slavia pricing here? Why is the price increased for Slavia but decreased for Kushaq?
The pricing cut along with the increase in the number of variant options for the Kushaq clearly makes it the cash cow for Skoda, and they’re trying to up the numbers on paper. Look at the following sales charts for both:

Kushaq
Skoda Kushaq & Slavia prices slashed by around Rs 1 lakh-img_0570.jpeg

Slavia
Skoda Kushaq & Slavia prices slashed by around Rs 1 lakh-img_0569.jpeg

Source: v3cars.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks