Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2024, 13:27   #31
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition revealed

Just for information, Maruti Suzuki in 2016 had launched MS Dhoni special editions of Alto 800 & Alto K10 cars.

Citroen C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition revealed-ds-1.jpg

Citroen C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition revealed-ds-2.jpg

Citroen C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition revealed-ds-3.jpg
swiftvxi06 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 14:38   #32
BHPian

Instead of Dhoni version, just bring the C3 AT!
I remember reading somewhere that they were going to bring the C3 AT in June.
It’s June already @Citroen!

My mother as well my brother in law are looking at a car and Citroen C3 would fit them perfectly.
You bring C3 AT with Auto AC, Electric ORVMs and etc by the end of July, then you’ve got two confirm bookings.
Old 19th June 2024, 16:08   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samegoodkid View Post
All those who are talking about the product being no good, pls go and take a test drive of the new car. There is more to the car than just features and this one has its fundamentals sorted. It is a no nonsense, fun to drive and spacious car. It has all the features that I need and yes, I can live with rotating knobs for AC. Don’t think auto climate control is a must have feature ( at-least for me!)

Enough for me to have it in my top three shortlists.

I was surprised at the amount of negativity this car has received by the key board warriors.

One thing that disappointed me though is the fact that even after announcing 6 airbags as standard, the actual car with 6 airbags is not yet into production. The car would be delivered only in August.

Citroen, if you are listening, pls launch the BLU edition of C3 Aircross! I am waiting.
Don't know about C3 Aircross but I did check out C3 hatchback.
So you're saying that this car should be criticism free because it's fun to drive? You should ask families who are buying this if they're looking for a fun, dynamic car which doesn't roll on turns with pin point precise steering and they'll say 'What are you even talking about'?
It's a generic commuter crossover with a decent suspension tune and that's it.
The customers are not taking this car for twisty roads and turns. It's a family hauler.

And I see old timey car people complaining about too many features but this doesn't have some basic features like 6 airbags, ESP, climate control, subwoofer, cruise control, auto dimming IRVM, LED lights or at least projector halogen setup.
Now these features are available in cars like Altroz and Swift. And maybe you're the type of customer who is not interested in climate control in a 15 lakh car but normal people buying it for family usage will nitpick this. And why shouldn't they? 15 lakhs is a big amount in our country.

Also the sorry state of interiors is just not acceptable. The AC panel is just an eye sore. The C3 I tested had a calculator for the instrument cluster. Some mobile phones are larger than whatever it was. There wasn't any tachometer.
And about driving part, it did dismiss small potholes with minimal discomfort but it wasn't immune to the big ones. Plus the nvh was really lacking.

I'm sorry but writing Dhoni on the doors won't make it better.
blueather is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 16:40   #34
BHPian

I will wait for Ricky Ponting edition then I might think about.

This is a new, to clear the inventory. Seems like someone has office very close to Skoda marketing team office.
Old 19th June 2024, 16:51   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueather View Post
So you're saying that this car should be criticism free because it's fun to drive? You should ask families who are buying this if they're looking for a fun, dynamic car which doesn't roll on turns with pin point precise steering and they'll say 'What are you even talking about'?
The customers are not taking this car for twisty roads and turns. It's a family hauler.

And I see old timey car people complaining about too many features but this doesn't have some basic features like 6 airbags, ESP, climate control, subwoofer, cruise control, auto dimming IRVM, LED lights or at least projector halogen setup.
Now these features are available in cars like Altroz and Swift. And maybe you're the type of customer who is not interested in climate control in a 15 lakh car but normal people buying it for family usage will nitpick this. And why shouldn't they? 15 lakhs is a big amount in our country.
Sir, pls reread my post before you jump the gun. I have never mentioned anywhere that we should not criticise Citroen.
As explained in multiple posts, the point I am driving home is that the car works for those who want a fuss free, no nonsense and fun to drive car. I am one such customer and if I had just blindly followed the general chatter around the product, I would have given it a miss too. I am glad that I didn’t do that and visited the showroom.

As for others you are batting for, “Each to his own”. They would (& should) obviously go by whatever works for them.

Coming to the sticker job, I hardly care.

On roping Dhoni as brand ambassador, step in right direction but more important is what Citroen does with him to increase the brand visibility. There may be others like me but they may not know enough about the brand.

Hope this helps!

Peace!☮️

Last edited by Samegoodkid : 19th June 2024 at 17:15.
Samegoodkid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 17:55   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Now these features are available in cars like Altroz and Swift. .
The suspension of c3 is quite good. Ive been in my friend's c3 turbo and I could barely feel the potholes in city speeds. All those features you mentioned above cannot be considered as basic or essential, they're nice to have. But Engine, suspension etc is what I consider to be the basics of a car.
Joe367 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 18:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe367 View Post
The suspension of c3 is quite good. Ive been in my friend's c3 turbo and I could barely feel the potholes in city speeds. All those features you mentioned above cannot be considered as basic or essential, they're nice to have. But Engine, suspension etc is what I consider to be the basics of a car.
Sorry, in today's time 6 airbags, ESP etc. are not good to have. We are not living in 1900s anymore.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th June 2024 at 19:30. Reason: Typos
utkarshgoel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 21:10   #38
BHPian

Does this car have 'Helicopter shot' mode?
Just kidding, but this is such a lame move by Citroen. Instead they could have launched a new top variant of the C3 Aircross with more features.
Old 19th June 2024, 22:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
Sorry, in today's time 6 airbags, ESP etc. are not good to have. We are not living in 1900s anymore.
Exactly.
Also people should name one car above 10 lakhs which gets outdated halogen reflector bulb setup as main headlight in its top trim.
My friends have an Ignis and an Alto. Ignis is a mid trim and Alto is a base trim model. Both of them get ESP. Ignis also gets LEDs and climate control in its top trim which barely costs 9 lakhs. Citroen have no excuse when they're competing with cars like Hyryder,Elevate and Taigun.
blueather is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 06:13   #40
BHPian

To those who say that the Citroens' fundamentals are sorted, I believe you. However, in this day and age, you simply cannot skimp on a car's touchpoints.

The first impression that one gets of a vehicle is not of its mechanical prowess, but that of the view from the driver's seat. And if that does not look/feel as good as, if not better, than a competitor's car, then that is half the battle lost right there.

The problem here is that Citroen knows this too, yet for some reason, they choose to stick what looks like a poverty-spec dashboard in a car that is supposed to compete in the hottest segment of the Indian auto market. One look at what they sell in India versus what they sell in more "developed" markets and you'll know that Citroen is just not serious about competing here. Not just the interiors, the headlights and taillights, bumpers, wheels - you name it - it's all several tiers above what they sell here. I also don't understand why they refuse to use their new logo on the models they sell in India, although that is a rant for another thread.

In short, all the money that they waste on coming up with such trivial marketing tricks is likely better spent on treating India as a serious consumer base - the rewards of which we can see Hyundai, and now Kia (for example), reaping as long as they stick to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition revealed-odcitroenc327900x506.jpg  

Citroen C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition revealed-newcitroenc3aircrossinterior.png  

sainyamk95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 06:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitthebest View Post
I am totally surprised and shocked by MS Dhoni backing Citroen. Definitely the respect I had for him has gone down a few notches with this one.
Why Once copious amounts of monies have exchanged hands anything can happen. I am pretty sure Dhoni made a killing on this one.

Besides not like Citroen is Pakistan based company, in fact India and France are allies.

And from what I have read the car itself isn't bad and is actually quite the sprightly one to drive with 0-100 in 10.5 seconds or so?
amol4184 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 06:59   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitthebest View Post
I am totally surprised and shocked by MS Dhoni backing Citroen. Definitely the respect I had for him has gone down a few notches with this one. Let's see if him being the brand ambassador will do wonders for the brand.
Celebrities will rake in the moolah when they can; nothing to be surprised about. The lesser we keep them on a pedestal the lesser we'll be disappointed.
ruskinash is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 09:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly.
Also people should name one car above 10 lakhs which gets outdated halogen reflector bulb setup as main headlight in its top trim.
My friends have an Ignis and an Alto. Ignis is a mid trim and Alto is a base trim model. Both of them get ESP. Ignis also gets LEDs and climate control in its top trim which barely costs 9 lakhs. Citroen have no excuse when they're competing with cars like Hyryder,Elevate and Taigun.
Sir, pls go through the Citroen brochure or visit a showroom to get more details.

Citroen has been adding features silently on the aircross and ABS, EBD , ESP, Hill hold , rear parking sensors and even TPMS is standard if I remember correctly. They have also made 6 airbags as standard although the car would be available only in August.

Citroen is doing a very poor job of communicating this to the market.

Last edited by Samegoodkid : 21st June 2024 at 09:58.
Samegoodkid is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 22:28   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samegoodkid View Post
Apologies. For some reason I am struggling to quote as I type this on my phone.

But here are my 2 cents-
The comparison here is with the HTK version of Seltos which...
Exactly so. Everybody has their preferences. People who will prioritise good driving dynamics, comfort and space over other things will definitely go for the likes of Citroen. This whole idea to standardise a car as per the general populace's liking would have made us to hang on to the ambassadors and padminis till date. A car which person A doesnot find fit enough is always the perfect car for person B. It is all very subjective. We should understand and respect the choices of each and every owner. Neither is there a right or a wrong car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks