Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2024, 17:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition revealed

The last time I saw Dhoni, was in the RCB Vs CSK match. He is a shade of his earlier charm and looks. Nowadays, most of the ads featuring him, feels the need to heavily photoshop his face and hair, to an extent where the look is absolutely plastic and looks fake. Anyway, I am sure the partnership will help them sell more cars, like 3 cars a month of incremental sales is what I expect! The best use of Dhoni is by Kinley water. His photo has short hair, which is less photoshopped, also his photo along with celebrity endorsement, prevents fake copies of Kinley. Ex: easier to copy similar looking labels, but difficult to copy Dhoni's photo. (I work with them, so take it with a pinch of salt)
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition revealed-kinley.jpg  

Raghuwire is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 17:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Citroen C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition gets a dual-tone exterior with unique decals and ‘Dhoni Edition’ graphics on the front doors. It also has illuminated door sills, themed cushions, seat belt cushions and a front dash cam.
The sad part is that even a multinational company like Citroen thinks that Indian consumers can be lured to their product by getting cricketers to endorse it! Or they have been terribly misinformed by their marketing or whichever team that the way forward is cheap endorsements.

Quote:
Additionally, customers who book the C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition get a chance to win assured merchandise designed in collaboration with MS Dhoni.
What does this even mean? So inspite of you buying their car for some INR 10L you're still not eligible for their merchandise, but you just stand a chance to win merchandise? What merchandise? T shirts & caps? Which we're to believe that Dhoni sat and designed?
Geo_Ipe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 18:42   #18
BHPian

Apologies. For some reason I am struggling to quote as I type this on my phone.

But here are my 2 cents-
The comparison here is with the HTK version of Seltos which comes with a 115 bhp engine and CVT gearbox. After a back to back test drive, I found the Aircross’s handling, drivability and ride quality better than that of Seltos. If Aircross was yawn inducing then,I believe,so would be the version of Seltos that contributes to 80-85% of the sales.

Talking about the features - While I completely agree and understand that different people may have different likings, I don’t have to agree with the market. There are features that I find useless and would not like to pay for them in the product. ( eg. sunroof, ADAS, etc)

On the suspension front- It actually did remind me of Duster.
So was surprised by that comment as well. In fact the whole package reminded me of Duster. Spartan but mechanically solid car. But perceptions can vary, I guess!

The negativity that I referred to in the previous post was general perception built around the product on internet and not targeted towards anyone in particular. Thank god I decided to check the car out and not read too much into the chatter around the product.
As we demand better products, shouldn’t we call out if something is good in the product?

Could Citroen have done better with this product? Absolutely yes.
Have they been lazy? Absolutely Yes.

As highlighted in other posts too, Citroen needs to increase their brand awareness and hope Citroen uses Dhoni factor a little better.

Considering the competition, 3 things actually stood out for me in the Aircross:
1) Turbo engine
2) Ride quality
3) Space for the price point.

At the end of the day, I believe “each to their own” and for me this is definitely in my shortlists.

Whether I end up buying it or not depends on a lot of other factors.

On a lighter note- All the defenders would also qualify as “ Keyboard Warriors”

Last edited by Samegoodkid : 17th June 2024 at 18:56.
Samegoodkid is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 22:50   #19

Citroen may be well sorted car but their competitors Maruti and Hyundai have a better service network. Lack of 6 airbags, and manual ORVM immediately turns off a prospective buyer. They maybe well sorted but they do not offer Hyundai's features. Maruti's reach. They need to copy Tata here. Prioritize safety. Build 5 star rated cars with atleast 6 airbags. Their cars look way better than Tata Punch. They should aim to compete with Punch.
melhowl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 11:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi. The car looks brilliant and most sorted out ergonomics, ride, handling and a sweet engine as per Autocar. Two major misses I see which should have been included

1. 6 airbags as standard
2. At least Halogen projector headlamps if not LED
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 13:42   #21
BHPian

I had taken a test drive of the C3 Aircross in their brand new showroom in Mysore sometime in January. It was the shortest visit to a car showroom including the test drive. Did not last beyond 15 minutes.

1. The sales person had ZERO interest in selling the product
2. He was struggling to point out any stand out features in the product
3. In 2024, Citroen still places the power window switches on the center console!!
4. The footwell was cramped and did not have enough room to place my size 12 feet.

The overall underwhelming experience did not allow me to appreciate any other finer aspects of the car like ride and handling. At the end of the test drive the sales person felt more relieved to see my back as he probably wanted to go take some rest!
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 14:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Citroen needed 30 runs from 6 balls and they have wasted one invaluable ball now with this useless edition.

Lets see if they get Dhoni on strike and win the match from here!
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 16:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Citroen C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition launched at Rs 11.82 lakh

Citroen has launched the C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition in the Indian market. Prices for the special edition start at Rs 11.82 lakh (ex-showroom). Production will be limited to just 100 units.

Citroen C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition revealed-c3-aircross-dhoni-edition.jpg

The C3 Aircross Dhoni Edition is named after India’s star cricketer, MS Dhoni. The SUV comes with custom accessories and unique design details, including Dhoni decals, illuminated sill plates, a front dashcam, special edition seat covers, pillows, and seat belt cushions.

Customers can also win assured Dhoni merchandise, with a chance to win Mahindra Singh Dhoni’s signed glove.

Powering the C3 Aircross Automatic is a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder turbo-petrol engine that produces 109 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 205 Nm @ 1,750-2,500 rpm. The engine is mated with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by TusharK : 18th June 2024 at 16:39.
TusharK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 16:42   #24
BHPian

Can we please get C3 AT any edition with 6 airbags next?
The Pianist is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 17:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the boys from Hero motor Group have joined Citroen! So called special editions and ++ Editions
Old 18th June 2024, 17:42   #26
BHPian

Maybe they are trying what Fiat did 20 years ago with the Palio S10 edition. That yellow S10 with S10's signature was drool worthy.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/fiat-p...de-its-history

Does this have any additional features other than cosmetic changes? Maybe should have put in the Jeep Compass's 1.4L petrol engine.

Last edited by m8002? : 18th June 2024 at 17:45.
m8002? is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 11:03   #27
BANNED

I am totally surprised and shocked by MS Dhoni backing Citroen. Definitely the respect I had for him has gone down a few notches with this one. Let's see if him being the brand ambassador will do wonders for the brand.
Rohitthebest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 11:06   #28
BHPian

This could just be a way for the company to clear out the stocks before the 6-airbag version goes into production. Slap in a few stickers and other accessories and sell it as a special edition - like Maruti the Windsong and Swift RS editions. I'm almost certain they still wouldn't be able to sell half their inventory.

The engine is good, so is the suspension, but that's where it ends. There's a lot to fix in a product that has great potential -- those rear seats, upholstery, and stitching look really sad. The rear seatback in the C3 is just a piece of foam, a little like an autorickshaw. They've taken cost-cutting too far, skimping even on the car's structural rigidity. And even if they fix all these, along with the addition of other goodies like an ACC etc., it might just be too little too late.
Vikki@Hyderabad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 11:29   #29
BHPian

I do not understand car variants named after celebrities.

So now this is Dhoni edition, what will the car be good at - Maybe Dhoni edition will turn out to be a great "finisher" for Citroen innings in the Indian market
GS2323 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 13:16   #30
BHPian

Considering they sell about 100 units C3 Aircross per month, i like how they have 100 units of Dhoni Edition. It is like dedicating an entire month to a special edition.
omranga98 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks