Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2024, 11:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Skoda Kushaq Onyx AT available now at 13.49L

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Skoda seems to have deleted the leather /fabric premium seats offered in Onyx earlier. The non-Style models have really poor quality of seat fabric and adds further blandness in the cabin though nothing that a seat cover cant fix.
And now, with the release of 6 airbags as standard across the range, you can’t even risk slapping on a seat cover anymore.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 14:17   #17
BHPian

This is a good move although it has come a bit late and IMO this launch should have been done earlier. Next Skoda should address the customer perception issues like service and ownership costs by innovative marketing to make the customers flock and buy from a brand called 'SKODA'.
Old 12th June 2024, 14:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
I was checking the ELEVATE V CVT pricing, which is at 13.70L for 2024 model.
The feature list is so long for a well priced variant and still people not buying these cars. Wonder what's wrong, the issue is with manufacturers or dealers or customers?
Total sales of ELEVATE , TAIGUN & KUSHAQ were around 4200 units in May 2024 !
That is because buyers look for a combination of performance, NVH, features, ride and handling, ASS, FE.

Honda loses out on account of performance (1.5 NA IVTEC is great, just that it loses out on the fun quotient to the turbo petrols), poor NVH, CVT ( while smooth and reliable, loses out again to TC/DCT)
VAG twins lose out on account of inconsistent product quality, AC and ASS.

Last edited by FAIAAA : 12th June 2024 at 14:47.
FAIAAA is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 18:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Total sales of ELEVATE , TAIGUN & KUSHAQ were around 4200 units in May 2024 !
Well the market is not stupid, the value is not just with the features but the long term reliability, service availability and the perceived premiumness as well, Honda, like the City still thinks it is a 7 lakh rupee car from 2 decades ago and the lack of insulation and skinny tyres make it feel more like a Swift and Baleno than a car which costs 2-3x more, other pointers would be lack of turbo and diesel options and the generally boring interior design and late mover disadvantage.

The Skoda VW twins have these infamous horror stories which keep the informed customers away and the masses never really connected with these brands, the lack of touch points, the dealer attitude and the premium service and maintenance costs keep the average joe away.

Now don't get me wrong, this at 13.5 is a great deal and even Elevate is a fantastic deal at that prices, I will even recommend it to people upgrading from lower cars without apprehension, but even I know deep down, they will not listen and get the Creta instead or maybe the Seltos.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 20:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
That is because buyers look for a combination of performance, NVH, features, ride and handling, ASS, FE.

Honda loses out on account of performance (1.5 NA IVTEC is great, just that it loses out on the fun quotient to the turbo petrols), poor NVH, CVT ( while smooth and reliable, loses out again to TC/DCT)
VAG twins lose out on account of inconsistent product quality, AC and ASS.
There is no perfect car as the car makers aims for sensible pricing prioritizing their packaging, especially for global products like ELEVATE. Let's look at the market leaders of the segment,

CRETA/SELTOS : Lacks safety built, turbo and AT variants pricing are absurd. Diesel, feature lists are the major highlight of CRETA cousins.

Grand Vitara/HYRYDER: Lazy engines both NA and Hybrid, poor interior quality, poor standard safety kits. Value for money pricing of NA variants, FE and reach of dealership are the key selling points for both.

IMO ELEVATE is superior to GV/CRETA NA variants in reliability, performance, ride and handling and safety.
TorqueIndia is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 20:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Well the market is not stupid, the value is not just with the features but the long term reliability, service availability and the perceived premiumness as well, Honda, like the City still thinks it is a 7 lakh rupee car from 2 decades ago and the lack of insulation and skinny tyres make it feel more like a Swift and Baleno than a car which costs 2-3x more, other pointers would be lack of turbo and diesel options and the generally boring interior design and late mover disadvantage.
I think you missed the fact that - Baleno and Swift are expensive too now.

SWIFT : 6.49-9.54L 1.2 3yl/AMT
BALENO : 6.66-9.83L 1.2 4cy/AMT
BREZZA : 8.34-13.98L 1.5NA /6AT
ELEVATE : 11.58-16.20 1.5NA/CVT

But you are right on the diesel, both VW and Honda lacks diesels or CNG which is available on Hyundai and Maruti.
TorqueIndia is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 21:52   #22
BHPian

Sweet pricing. I recollect they had briefly launched a manual variant for 9.99 too which gave significant benefits on the On Road Price because of the sub 10 lac figure. It’s not exactly flying off the shelves, so why not boost the sales?
Old 13th June 2024, 00:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingdutchman View Post

Today's car prices are crazy. Even the newly launched XUV300 1.2L MX3 AT model cost 13.84L ex-showroom with exactly the same AISIN sourced AT.
That's incorrect. MX3 AT is 10.99L ex-showroom. The difference is significant.
lightfootdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 01:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I was checking the ELEVATE V CVT pricing, which is at 13.70L for 2024 model.
The feature list is so long for a well priced variant and still people not buying these cars. Wonder what's wrong, the issue is with manufacturers or dealers or customers?
In our test drive experience of elevate, we liked cvt and suspension but front seats are ergonomically very bad. I am 5’6”. Not sure how taller folks can adjust especially on passenger side where height adjustments are not possible. I own a Honda Jazz and this is completely unexpected from Honda. This is something we couldn’t overlook and hope they rectify in next facelift.

Overall my experience of the petrol automatic cars in the segment is Creta = Seltos >> Astor > Elevate = Grand Vitara (Full Hybrid) .
This segment is mostly not for price conscious buyers. XL6 etc are more practical at less cost .

Ratings , specs , tech, price etc doesn’t matter when they don’t translate into actual experience.
sirius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 02:02   #25
BHPian

Pokémon name and Chevrolet names something that Škoda has been using since the Rapid, should have come up with something new for these limited editions or should have launched an ‘Yeti edition’ as a tribute to the OG Yeti maybe with new colour options like the brown that was available with the Yeti.
Why is the Slavia not getting any of this limited editions has the focus completely shifted to compact SUV’s/Crossovers at least VW has the GT line for Virtus.

Last edited by VwRabbit : 13th June 2024 at 02:11.
Old 13th June 2024, 11:07   #26
BANNED

A lot of misses from Skoda/VW are actually solvable. However the ASS issues and long term reliability concern is a rotten tomato now in the Skoda offering

If they can solve for this than nothing stops from Skoda/VW hitting the roof in terms of the number of sales. Cruise control is a big miss, I strongly agree.
Old 14th June 2024, 09:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
That podcast is by Autocar India and is named Deep Drive. Hormazd has very good insider details, which he reveals/speaks about in that podcast.
Oh right! Thanks! I listen to podcasts randomly during drives, but can't for the life of me remember which ones I'm listening to xD. Yeah, I listened to their Maruti podcasts and they're pretty in-depth, explaining even the engineering aspects of strategic decisions.
Sensible_Speed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks