Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2024, 18:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus now get 6 airbags as standard

Volkswagen now offers 6 airbags as standard across all variants of the Taigun and Virtus.

Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus now get 6 airbags as standard-image-02.jpg

The Taigun and Virtus are based on the MQB-A0-IN platform and have already been awarded a 5-star rating from Global NCAP. In addition to 6 airbags, both cars are equipped with ESC, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, seat belt reminder and pre-tensioners with load limiters.

According to the company, the Taigun SUV contributed to over 61% of its India 2.0 car sales. 40% of customers opted for the GT variants of the Taigun and Virtus.

Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus now get 6 airbags as standard-image-01-1.jpg

Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, “Today, we take great pride in announcing our portfolio of India 2.0 cars offering 6 airbags as standard across the line-up. With this, not only are we showcasing our commitment towards safer mobility but also reaffirming our core belief of safety being a key product pillar for Volkswagen India. We are also delighted to have achieved the over 1 lakh sales milestone by the Taigun and Virtus. We are grateful to our customers and will continue to offer aspirational, premium and competitive product offerings for the market.”

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd June 2024 at 18:09.
TusharK is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 20:46   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus now get 6 airbags as standard

That's a good thing to happen. But the brochure is not yet updated with 6 airbags as standard. The 1.0L Highline seems to the best VFM option for someone looking at an Automatic in Virtus.
BoneCollector is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 20:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
That's a good thing to happen. But the brochure is not yet updated with 6 airbags as standard. The 1.0L Highline seems to the best VFM option for someone looking at an Automatic in Virtus.
Even the MT. We’d have gone for it over the Slavia 1.0 Ambition if only Kolkata had a decent dealership…

TheHelix0202 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 22:45   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
+ 100.

Recently, while I was at a VW showroom, I was telling the sales person the exact same thing - a 1.0L Highline TC with 6 airbags will be a very attractive choice for buyers. Considering that the City, Verna and Slavia come with 6 airbags, the Virtus felt distinctly left behind in the safety game.

The sales person told me that since I would be driving the car mostly in slow Bangalore traffic, 2 airbags were more than sufficient for safety, 6 airbags were not required at all

Unrelatedly, but equally interestingly, while taking a test drive of the Virtus, I remarked that the rear camera display was really small and a bigger screen / better resolution / 360 degree camera would have been useful. The other sales person remarked that since VW makes driver focussed cars, they have provided a small reverse camera display. This way the owners remain skilled while reversing. If they provided a better camera / bigger display, then the owners / drivers would not learn how to reverse properly
neil.jericho is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 06:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Volkswagen now offers 6 airbags as standard across all variants of the Taigun and Virtus.

Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, “Today, we take great pride in announcing our portfolio of India 2.0 cars offering 6 airbags as standard across the line-up. With this, not only are we showcasing our commitment towards safer mobility but also reaffirming our core belief of safety being a key product pillar for Volkswagen India. We are also delighted to have achieved the over 1 lakh sales milestone by the Taigun and Virtus. We are grateful to our customers and will continue to offer aspirational, premium and competitive product offerings for the market.”
Its a bit of a Johnny come lately. Hyundai has already beaten Skoda-VW on this front.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 08:14   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
+ 100.
The other sales person remarked that since VW makes driver focussed cars, they have provided a small reverse camera display. This way the owners remain skilled while reversing.
Typical. They always come up with lame excuses like this. It has happened to me at multiple VW dealership while I was checking Virtus/Taigun.
sunilarkt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 10:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Unrelatedly, but equally interestingly, while taking a test drive of the Virtus, I remarked that the rear camera display was really small and a bigger screen / better resolution / 360 degree camera would have been useful. The other sales person remarked that since VW makes driver focussed cars, they have provided a small reverse camera display. This way the owners remain skilled while reversing. If they provided a better camera / bigger display, then the owners / drivers would not learn how to reverse properly
Our Skoda SA played off the terrible reverse camera display quality as “improved over the last Slavia” - whatever that means.

And then he tried justifying the lack of ADAS and other camera features as an unnecessary addition for this car. I’d like to watch him switch the script when the next facelift variant has these features.
TheHelix0202 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks