Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2024, 18:19   #31
BHPian

Re: JLR's Range Rover to be assembled in India

Comparing ADAS across cars in India today is like comparing "Smartwatches". Many companies claim to be making smartwatches but in reality are making only glorified Fitness Bands. Similarly, ADAS today, is being provided allegedly by many OEMs but the solutions used are not as effective for all the needs like an European or Japanese vehicle. One very obvious shortcut used is with regards to Drowsiness alert where cars are using software that reads steering movement etc instead of real cameras to monitor driver faces. The software used (although legally ok)is no match to the Face scanning cameras. So, I hope whenever Land Rover or whoever gives full blown ADAS features rather than shortcuts.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 11:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If JLR's ingenium engine family are due to be assembled in India with increased localisation, wouldn't it make sense for these powerplants to also power cars on the JLR D8/OmegaArc platform. Perhaps with simpler/cost effective componentry and a lower state of tune, but it's a win-win, no? Increased volumes and fixes a big gap in Tata's power trains. The ingenium engine family have now fixed their earlier teething issues and have brilliant specs, it's what Harrier and Safari really need.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 20:51   #33
BHPian

Its good that JLR be assembled and it will be cheaper to buy, but customer service of JLR needs to be improved a lot. I asked for a test drive of Defender from Noida. It is over 7 days, test drive have been scheduled and cancelled 2 times. Still i have not got any calls for test drive scheduling. All i have got is a truckfull of excuses and more excuses.. If this is the status in pre-sales I shudder to think of post-sales. TATA Cust Ex nighmares
Old 11th July 2024, 12:50   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Ouch. I’m sure this hurts and is justified. But very frankly you won’t get much out of court and might land up wasting more money in legal fees.
I think moral of the story is: Be more vigilant on Tbhp! These rumours and even indication from JLR India about local production have been on for months. I discouraged several who were pulling the trigger on a RR to wait.

Next would be the defender, not a good time to buy one. Perhaps next year or later this year they will start production of it here.
Any idea when will the local production of the Defender start as the dealers are fetching bookings stating that it’ll continue to be imported as the pricing is competitive
Old 12th July 2024, 08:40   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Any idea when will the local production of the Defender start as the dealers are fetching bookings stating that it’ll continue to be imported as the pricing is competitive
No idea. But just by logic I feel why would they not start local production of the most popular model?
I guess once the production issues and capacities for the RR and RR Sport stabilise they should start. Dealers are never going to admit it as they need to clear current CBU stock.
My guess would be at some point next year.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 10:44   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
All Defenders and Discoverys are made in Slovakia and my guess is that they are not set up for CKD/SKD exports.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 11:31   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Deliveries of locally manufactured Range Rover Sport commence in India.

JLR's Range Rover to be assembled in India-fa0ab933ebbd49a7accdd315e369f395_untitled.jpg

The Range Rover Sport is built on the MLA-Flex platform, which enables next-level capability, performance and handling, as well as greater efficiency.

Quote:
Range Rover today announces the commencement of deliveries for the locally manufactured Range Rover Sport in India. The new Range Rover Sport is available in two powertrains - 3.0 l Petrol Dynamic SE, delivering power of 294 kW and torque of 550 Nm and 3.0 l Diesel Dynamic SE, delivering power of 258 kW and torque of 700 Nm. The new made-in-India Range Rover Sport is priced at Rs 1.4 crore, ex-showroom.

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th August 2024 at 11:35.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 10:39   #38

Hi All,

First lot of New Range Rocer Sport CKD has arrived at the dealership and they have started the delivery of vehicle. As per sales advisor their RRS SE CKD model is almost equivalent ~ to the CBU Autobiography version. Waiting for the delivery of my car scheduled for next month.
Old 26th August 2024, 11:50   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsuv View Post
As per sales advisor their RRS SE CKD model is almost equivalent ~ to the CBU Autobiography version.
In what way? Equipment or space?

I believe the SWB RR and RR Sport rear are very similar in space as they have a similar wheel base.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks