Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2024, 11:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Most VFM Luxury Cars in today's market

Skoda Kodiaq - picked one up recently in the extended family at final net on-road price of 43.5L. Just the Dynamic Chassis Control puts it in a league of it's own in this price bracket

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 15:32   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Skoda Kodiaq - picked one up recently in the extended family at final net on-road price of 43.5L. Just the Dynamic Chassis Control puts it in a league of it's own in this price bracket
Hello sir,
Did this price include extended warranty and Maintenance package? I am asking as our family is also negotiating with the dealership for Skoda Kodiaq pricing(discount, EW, Service package)
Old 25th May 2024, 16:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAN@3969 View Post
Hello sir,
Did this price include extended warranty and Maintenance package? I am asking as our family is also negotiating with the dealership for Skoda Kodiaq pricing(discount, EW, Service package)
Sorry, it was actually 43.96L net on road with TCS, Insurance Elite, 10% RTO in UP, 23k accessories kit and all discounts. But without extended warranty or maintenance package. There is already 4 Years warranty included which we felt is sufficient and their maintenance packages were so costly that you could get them serviced at less than what they were offering. Hope that helps.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 15:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedriver_9000 View Post
Could you please elaborate on that indescribable feeling? I'm considering purchasing a BMW X5. I didn’t consider the Defender, as it felt too rugged and felt it wasn't luxurious enough, while also giving politician vibes like Fortuner. However, I did like the Range Rover Sport. Your insights could really help with my decision.
I would strongly suggest you make a booking of Range Rover Sport. With it coming in CKD format now - the prices would drop down to about 1.7 on road. Can't get a better car at that price point.
samyakmodi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 02:26   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
Having said that, I have a fun excel sheet that ranks the cars basis a bunch of starter level criteria's, and here you go (sorted by increasing OTR BLR price order).
You could add a column with power to weight ratio per lakh.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th May 2024 at 07:36. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 28th May 2024, 06:48   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
I'm on the fence for the first time to recommend it to anyone.
If I may ask, why do you feel that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedriver_9000 View Post
Planning to get a test drive soon.
Please do get a test drive and keep us updated on what do you feel about the car.

Last edited by graaja : 28th May 2024 at 06:54. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Edit or Multiquote options
Old 28th May 2024, 07:40   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
With my experience with BMW so far - I'm on the fence for the first time to recommend it to anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypno0784 View Post
If I may ask, why do you feel that way?
Samyak can elaborate best but I’m guessing he’s coming from his 6GT experience so far.

< Read this post onwards >
Old 28th May 2024, 12:40   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I believe BMW 3 series, Audi A6 and Disco sport are truely VFM cars (with creature comforts and can actually be used on a day to day basis)
The Q7 (missing in your list) with its V6 TFSI making 335hp at 1.00 - 1.05Cr (after discounts) is supremely VFM as well !!

Both the X5 and GLE which are its rivals are a good ₹30 - 40 Lakh more expensive, although yes the Q7 is dated but can’t dismiss such a huge saving as well !

And the M2 at ₹1.20Cr with 435hp

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 28th May 2024 at 12:42.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 13:04   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The Q7 (missing in your list) with its V6 TFSI making 335hp at 1.00 - 1.05Cr (after discounts) is supremely VFM as well !!

Both the X5 and GLE which are its rivals are a good ₹30 - 40 Lakh more expensive, although yes the Q7 is dated but can’t dismiss such a huge saving as well !

And the M2 at ₹1.20Cr with 435hp
Yeah, the list has some personal bias, did not include a lot of cars that could potentially be compared.

Q7 is not a 7 seater as such (with spare wheel placement - don't know if that changed recently).

M2 is a performance VFM car - true, but can't be used on a daily basis or as a family car.
Old 28th May 2024, 13:11   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, the list has some personal bias, did not include a lot of cars that could potentially be compared.

Q7 is not a 7 seater as such (with spare wheel placement - don't know if that changed recently).

M2 is a performance VFM car - true, but can't be used on a daily basis or as a family car.
Q7 is a seven seater for a very long time now. It's not longer than a GLE/X5. Spare wheel is not provided anymore.

Last edited by ssateesh : 28th May 2024 at 13:13.
Old 28th May 2024, 23:54   #56
BHPian

I’d say the BMW M2 ; a full blown S58 engine with all the bells and whistles in terms of performance that it’s bigger siblings M3 & M4 has and considering the current pricing of some of its own lesser stablemates like the 3 series as well makes it one of the most VFM performance cars sold in India. Comparing similar performance with Mercedes pricing I’d just leave it for another day as they are on a different planet with pricing. couple more options if I may add would be the Land Rover Defender which could even make it to the top of this list if they start CKD manufacturing soon and on that note to give some credit to JLR India I’d conclude this list with the CKD Range Rover Sport on number 03
Old 29th May 2024, 13:05   #57

JLR has started local Manufacturing of the new Full size Range Rover and Range Rover Sport which will reduce their price obviously as the taxes will be much lower. That will be more VFM than Defender as it is still a CBU import.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks