Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2024, 09:12   #1
BHPian

My Ford EcoSport engine number belongs to a Hero Puch at the RTO: Causing problems with transfer

Hi All ,

I'm facing a peculiar situation with my old car which was given to Mahindra dealer in exchange while Purchacing my XuV700. I handed over the car, got delivery note on letter head and also a Stamp paper affidavit that car is now purchased by dealer. Later completed the RTO formalities of tansfer and got the NOC done in October'2023. Now during the transfer of car to a new owner the dealer hit a road block - my car's engine number is matching with a 32 year old Hero Puch in Mysuru (KA09). Surely a clerical/data entry mistake at KA09 end as my invoice, RC and car has correct engine number, validated by GZ RTO also. The dealer though slow in responding is cooperating and has visited the GZB RTO with this issue. After a struggle of a month or so he finally got GZB RTO office send an email to KA09 RTO with all the artifacts of my car and asking them to check and fix the engine number at their end. It's been almost 3 weeks now and a reminder has also been sent but there is no response from them. The dealer is working at his level and engaged an RTO agent from Mysuru to look at it however there is not much progress as he is unable to find a file for KA09 vehicle in records Room. He informed - the clerk is saying it is very old record and it will take time to search.

I need your help to know what are my options to solve this situation and get the issue resolved. I have filed a RTI to Mysuru KSRTC, no response yet. Recently Filed a complaint on UP JANSUNWAI seeking support on transfer. What else can I do to get this resolved ?

Though GZB RTO has accepted the issue and have sent email from their official email ID to KA09 RTO, the VAAHAN website is showing status as NOC Issues , I have pictured of signed documents of transfer form stamped by RTO and Aadhaar of the person for whom the form was signed for car transfer however I am still worried from Legal perspective as car is still on my name.

Please advice what can be done to resolve this issue.

** Mods, incase I have posted it in wrong section , please move it in correct one. **

Last edited by SinghBHP : 20th May 2024 at 09:30.
SinghBHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 11:05   #2
BHPian

re: My Ford EcoSport engine number belongs to a Hero Puch at the RTO: Causing problems with transfer

@Moderators The TITLE seems to have changed from what I posted earlier. It is actually my old Ford ECOSPORT and not XUV700 whose engine number Matches with a Hero Puch. Can you please help and Edit it.
SinghBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 18:01   #3
BHPian

re: My Ford EcoSport engine number belongs to a Hero Puch at the RTO: Causing problems with transfer

Having paid so much for the car the least they can do is match it with engine # of a Rolls or Porsche
ggkg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 17:39   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Recently Filed a complaint on UP JANSUNWAI seeking support on transfer. What else can I do to get this resolved ?
Not sure if this is similar to PGPortal, but you could try that too.

Thread (Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do)
Old 19th June 2024, 21:14   #5
BHPian

Re: My Ford EcoSport engine number belongs to a Hero Puch at the RTO: Causing problems with transfer

ADVICE Needed :

Friends I opened an issue with iPGRS portal Karnataka informing of the issue and they shared a sale (Form 21) document from the 1991 Hero Puch which has same engine number as my car. Chassis number is different though.

How is that possible ? Is it s goof up by RTO or FORD ?

What can I do next as one RTO is putting it on another RTO and no one is resolving the issue. Does this mean we can never transfer this car to new owner ?
Old 20th June 2024, 09:08   #6
BHPian

Re: My Ford EcoSport engine number belongs to a Hero Puch at the RTO: Causing problems with transfer

If this were really the case, would this issue not have come up when you first registered the car? The Form 21 could have been entered wrong. Maybe what is needed is to check the original RC of the Hero.
Sorry, I don't have a solution or definite suggestions. I was just expressing thoughts in my mind.

Cheers

Last edited by SafeDrive : 20th June 2024 at 09:09. Reason: Spelling
Old 20th June 2024, 15:14   #7
BHPian

Quote:
ADVICE Needed :

Friends I opened an issue with iPGRS portal Karnataka informing of the issue and they shared a sale (Form 21) document from the 1991 Hero Puch which has same engine number as my car. Chassis number is different though.

How is that possible ? Is it s goof up by RTO or FORD ?

What can I do next as one RTO is putting it on another RTO and no one is resolving the issue. Does this mean we can never transfer this car to new owner ?
It's a clerical error at the RTO side. By the way, KSRTC is a public road transport corporation, so your query won't be addressed there. Try raising the issue on X(Twitter) by tagging the Transport commissioner and Transport minister, then they'll swing into action. If not, find an agent in KA09 RTO as they will expedite it. This trick works as I had an incident with the postal code and the postmaster was suspended and even till date there are 2 pin codes in my locality.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 15:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
It's a clerical error at the RTO side. By the way, KSRTC is a public road transport corporation, so your query won't be addressed there. Try raising the issue on X(Twitter) by tagging the Transport commissioner and Transport minister, then they'll swing into action. If not, find an agent in KA09 RTO as they will expedite it. This trick works as I had an incident with the postal code and the postmaster was suspended and even till date there are 2 pin codes in my locality.
Thanks a lot for suggestion Mysore RTO sent me the original sale receipt of the Hero Puch from 1991, it was a manual bill and it has the same number as my engine number - are you suggesting that the mistake could be at that end ?
Old 20th June 2024, 15:30   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for suggestion Mysore RTO sent me the original sale receipt of the Hero Puch from 1991, it was a manual bill and it has the same number as my engine number - are you suggesting that the mistake could be at that end ?
Since it is manually written, 100% it's their mistake because for vehicles like the EcoSport, the entry has to be done via their online portal and while typing too, this error might have occured. Net net it is the RTO's fault. Better to get in touch with an RTO agent for these because if we go on our own, we'll be running around in circles.
Old 21st June 2024, 10:29   #10
BHPian

Hi SinghBHP,
For such issues you may contact the Regional Transport Commissioner @ Bangalore as only they have the authority to make changes / edits to the vehicle database. I had some issues on the classification of my 15 year old MUV and I was able to resolve it within 2 days. Staff are extremely cooperative and kudos to them. I have given below the contact details as per their website. Folks are helpful, just stay humble and report your grievance.
Office of the Commissioner for Transport,

1 st Floor, 'A' Block, TTMC Building,

Shantinagar, Bengaluru - 560027

Contact No. 080 - 22214900
Whats App Number 9449863459
e-Mail ID tdkarnataka@gmail.com
Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/Transport-D...0994607911069/

Twitter ID https://twitter.com/tdkarnataka
Passatman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 16:57   #11
BHPian

@Passatman : thanks for your help.

Can anyone please provide similar details for Bijnor Transport commissioner office and twitter handle. I am unable to find accurate details on internet.
Old 29th July 2024, 11:19   #12
BHPian

Issue Resolved - CAR Transferred

Friends : I'd like to update that finally, Car is transferred to the buyer now after 12 months of sale.

How it happened :

- As informed above - the Mysuru RTO closed the case saying that engine numbers for the Hero Puch (1992 model) is same as listed in the records , they shared the Sales details (Form21).
- Upon discussion with Mahindra First Choice Sales guy I told to talk to GZB RTO again and see what can be done. As per his description this is what happened...

- He went and Met the GZB RTO , he was directed to RI and to our luck there was a new officer there. He listened to the issue and said that RTO Bijore should transfer it and if they say No then let them talk to me. He also gave his phone number to the guy.
- The Mahindra agent went to RTO Bijnore and luckily here was well there was a new RI posted , he listened to the issue and made couple of calls. In the agents words, it looked as if he called someone in Mysuru RTO as well.
- He asked him to wait for 30mins outside his room , later he called him and and said that it will be done , the car will be transferred to new owner in 30 days. He will have to send someone to Mysuru for resolving he software issue. The agent did not believe it and started pushing him for written confirmation , he gave him his number and said call me after 8 days.
- He also got the new buyer pay the penalty for increase of NOC as it had expired by now.
- Mahindra Agent called him (RI) on 7th day and he said 2 more days as one of the officer in Mysuru RTO is on vacation.
- On 10th day I got the SMS from VAAHAN to approve transfer and also a call from local lawyer who was working on this case from Bijnore. Finally it was done.

I have saved all the proofs of email conversation, new owner Adhaar details and new RC with me.

Last edited by SinghBHP : 29th July 2024 at 11:23.
SinghBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 11:29   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Glad to see you finally got it solved although it was quite an ordeal.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks