Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2024, 22:46   #76

Re: What grinds your gears the most about your car? List your primary annoyance

Grand Vitara
  • I have the Alpha+ CVT and it is absolutely tough to shift from Park mode, it can get irritating at traffic lights.
  • ORVMs are small for the size of the car.

Grand i10
  • The air vents go into fresh air mode everytime the car is restarted. You have to remember to put it into recirculation otherwise it lets in all the dust and odour from outside. Not to mention the AC cabin filter gets clogged real soon.
Old 11th May 2024, 23:10   #77

Polo TSI HL+ :

When it comes to annoyances with my Polo 1.0 TSI. Firstly, there's the cramped rear space, which makes it less than ideal for passengers, especially on longer drives. Then there's the limited boot space, which can be a headache when trying to fit large baggage. And let's not forget about that turbo lag – it's like hitting a speed bump every time you step on the gas, which can be quite frustrating, especially when you need to accelerate quickly.
Old 12th May 2024, 00:47   #78
BHPian

2020 Kia Seltos - Sluggish DCT. Safety Ratings. Fuel Efficiency.

2022 MG ZS EV - Almost nothing. Our charging port has to be replaced though. Car wouldn't charge at once for a few months and recently it stopped charging completely. Hate the voice assistant's voice and accent though.

2023 Mercedes C Class W206 - Haptic buttons instead of physical buttons. The single downer in an otherwise almost perfect car.
Old 12th May 2024, 01:14   #79

i20 1.2S Active

1. The Bluetooth disconnects everytime I restart the car. So when I'm waiting at a looong signal, I can't switch off if am on a call or listening to podcast. Else, upon restart call gets transferred to the phone. Extremely annoying.

2. Throw and intensity of headlights is poor. It's a halogen projector setup and driving at night during rains, poorly lit areas gets challenging.
Old 12th May 2024, 01:18   #80
Team-BHP Support

Listing my current garage plus the recently sold Jeep Meridian.

1. BMW 3GT diesel Sportline

1.1 Wheel in the boot, instead of underneath a wheel well like later BMWs. Genuinely irks me how it inconveniences use of the boot space.
1.2 Back seat that’s unduly upright. Slightly better recline angle would have done wonders as would a bit more depth for better under-thigh support given the XXL leg room available anyway - the new 3GL delivers much better on this front.
1.3 Faux leather on the seats.
1.4 Lack of paddle shifters on the steering on a car that sold for ~45L 8.5 years ago. I fixed this with a replacement M Sport steering.

2. Jeep Meridian 4x4 A/T

2.1 The engine / gearbox tuning which robbed it of kickdown pep. In the ultimate analysis that was the no 1 gripe.
2.2 Pathetic fuel efficiency resulting in low tank range and consequently more frequent visits to the fuel bunk.
2.3 Lack of sliding 2nd row combined with very limited seat recline.

3. Mercedes GLC 300

3.1 Excessive touch screen interface. More physical buttons would have been welcome.
3.2 Back seat could have been better - on under-thigh support as well as seat back recline angle. Genuine leather would have been welcome too as would ventilated cooling for the front seats.
3.3 Ride quality could have been plusher.

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th May 2024 at 08:47. Reason: Expanded on #1.2 a bit. [Deleted 3.4 - incorrect for this thread]
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 03:00   #81

My Skoda Kushaq 1.5 DSG (that I really love) - I wish the seat cooling fans were not SO noisy. The AC is noisy as well. And there is a slight rattle in the front door after I do a long drive on highways.
Old 12th May 2024, 05:38   #82
BHPian

Harrier 2023 RDK.

1. Need to switch off lane switch indicator after every start, or the car throws irritating beeps on lane change after 60km speeds.

2. Weird errors thrown for a split second when I switch off the car. This happens around 1 in 5 times. They don't mean anything at all and I'm surprised Tata hasn't ironed this out yet. Had a scary initial days.

3. A very small nitpick, but some graphics in the ICE show Harrier, while some show Safari. Weird overlook imo.
Old 12th May 2024, 05:51   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads11 View Post
Love the idea of this thread!

Linea: That offset driving position. So frustrating - it has a fantastic hydraulic steering rack but somewhere the designers went for lunch when it came time to think about the ergonomics. Oh and the electrics. It's now become a classicly temperamental Italian in the same vein as the used bangers they'd buy on old school Top Gear.

(K13) Micra: That damned ponderous CVT and the resultant calamitous mileage. Took me years not to get exasperated by that gearbox. We're resigned to its catastrophic mileage now.
Evokes strong memories of these two cars from my past ownership. Linea T Jet is still the one that I love the MOST amongst my previous ones (long list).
The Micra CVT had an odd driving dynamic. An eager beaver in the city because of the CVT and a 'fraidy cat' on the highway for the same reason!
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 06:41   #84
BHPian

Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3L

Poor pickup. Very annoying in city traffic. Rest no complaints. It had a butter smooth gear shift.

New Fiat Linea Tjet 2014

Driver seating position! It would take you many tries to find a suitable one to your liking. Rest it's one of the best purchases I ever had.
Old 12th May 2024, 07:02   #85
BANNED

Renault Duster Petrol 1.6
- Interior from 90s | very basic offerings
- Sluggish engine and boring gear box
- Poor AC

Scorpio N
- Awkward rear seat folding, it tumbles up instead of folding flat or folding down making zero possibility of utilising combined second + third row folded
- Lack of 360 degree given the price point of Z8L (its not a deal breaker but expected at that price)
Old 12th May 2024, 07:21   #86
BHPian

XL6 Alpha+ MT 2023
Senseless cost cutting (most probably due to their aggressive parts pin sharing?) done by Maruti Suzuki especially in their Nexa cars:
  • No pressure sensors in any of the seats and hence requires all the seatbelts tucked in or else the seatbelts reminder won't go off
  • For a MPV it doesn't have enough storage options, especially lack of parcel tray
  • No one touch up-down with anti pinch sensor for all doors.

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th May 2024 at 08:44. Reason: Max 2 smileys per post. Expanding abbreviation. Please revisit our forum rules.
vzvish91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 08:00   #87
BHPian

XUV 700 AX5:
1. Missing ESP for Petrol Variants:
Nobody even the Sales Head of Mahindra Coimbatore was not aware that AX5 Petrol MT wasn’t offered with an ESP but the AX5 Diesel MT was offered with ESP. Unfortunately, I got to know only few moments after the registration

One of the lamest, silliest cost cutting done by any car maker ever known.

2. Door puddle/warning lamps:
It should be another basic feature that any maker should offer. But Mahindra had another plans in saving this 100 Rs.

3. Only one USB A slot in AX5 for the front and 12V is kept in the 3rd row. So that nobody will make a use of it

4. Lack of Cruise Control in an SUV (okay a FWD crossover with higher GC) costing 21.2 lakh,

5. Door pads started rattling at 15k kms itself. ASC fixed it though.

6. Some minor issues with mStallion mill since it is very new to the market.

7. The infamous thud noise. Glad that Mahindra fixed it with a recall. Wondering they didn’t find this in their 3 decades field testing.

Other those minor cribs (Points 2-7) above, it is a gem of a car. Neatly tuned petrol engine perfectly mated to a 6 Speed MT with a decent clutch weight and not so deep clutch travel (unlike Ford’s). Cherry on top is its well calibrated steering.

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th May 2024 at 08:46. Reason: Clean up edits.
Old 12th May 2024, 08:13   #88
BHPian

Interesting thread

For my current ride - 2024 Hyundai Palisade (ownership thread (Domesticated in a Hyundai Palisade | The Burgundy Barouche comes home | Ownership Review)), couple of stuff that really bug me are

1. No electric folding orvms (even on the top trim)
2. No Wireless Carplay (God! Even entry level cars have them as standard)
3. Crappy HK sound system. My GLC's Burmester spoiled me

And some of the lesser pain points
- There should have been under thigh extenders for the passenger seats too
- No interior lights over the third row
- Bad position of the reverse camera. Its always clogged after a drive !
- Lane keep assist has to be turned on each time
- Auto high-beams have to be turned on each time, but you have a "Default" auto engine shut off

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th May 2024 at 08:36. Reason: Typos (Burmiester > Burmester, Defualt > Default), removed spaces before punctuations
Old 12th May 2024, 08:33   #89
BHPian

MY2021 Tucson

1. Lack of memory seats: I find it really hard to be in a good and comfortable driving position and have typically different positions for city and highway driving.

2. Driving Modes: In the city, I want the throttle and transmission response of sports mode but steering from eco mode. On highway, I want transmission from Eco and Throttle from sports.
Old 12th May 2024, 11:35   #90
BHPian

2021 KWID RXT 1.0: Whenever I get a bit paddle-happy, fuel economy drops like crazy to 12-14kmpl zone. Have to stick to 70-75km/h to extract 20kmpl+ range on highways. However, I look at it with the glass half-full perspective: limiting to that speed limit on highways made my driving a lot safer, I daresay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks