Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2024, 16:35   #61
BANNED

Re: What grinds your gears the most about your car? List your primary annoyance

Tata Harrier (2022)-
Drinks a lot of DPF fluid, have to refill it twice in between of the service duration.
Stock lights are poor for highway ride.
Steering is on the hard side (my brother has the Verna and the steering in that is way too light if compared to harrier).
Usually refuel it with HP turbojet or diesel green but on long rides it’s hard to find them, due to which have to refuel it with standard diesel because of which check engine light appears.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th May 2024 at 06:53. Reason: Typos. Please proof read your post. Thanks.
Old 11th May 2024, 17:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

Love the idea of this thread!

(W204) C class: Toss up between the lack of collapsing rear seats, poor city mileage or the unintuitive foot operated parking brake.

(Mk4) Golf: Tiny ORVMs. While the right hand one has a concave bit along the edge to help with the blind spot the left doesn't and I don't get why you wouldn't just include it.

(B8) A4: This was tougher, I can't think of anything that particularly annoys me about the car per se. Probably has to be the less than stellar Audi ASS experience.

Linea: That offset driving position. So frustrating - it has a fantastic hydraulic steering rack but somewhere the designers went for lunch when it came time to think about the ergonomics. Oh and the electrics. It's now become a classicly temperamental Italian in the same vein as the used bangers they'd buy on old school Top Gear.

(K13) Micra: That damned ponderous CVT and the resultant calamitous mileage. Took me years not to get exasperated by that gearbox. We're resigned to its catastrophic mileage now.
ads11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 17:32   #63
BHPian

Nissan Magnite CVT
1. The dead pedal is too forward. In my short rest drive I didn't think it would matter much, but over the past 7500km of driving, I find that it doesn't let my knee stretch out.
2. The power windows do not work if engine is not on! Even my old Alto K10 allowed power windows to work when engine wasn't on! It's blatant cost cutting or poor software design.
3. Doors do not unlock if engine is turned off.
4. Mirrors do not auto fold! But they electrically fold. I don't know why Nissan can't just put a logic to auto open when unlocked and auto close when locked! Such a basic thing was missed.

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th May 2024 at 08:46. Reason: i —> I
Old 11th May 2024, 17:47   #64
BHPian

'22 Slavia DSG: The DSG's temperamental behaviour at crawling speeds and over uneven roads/ mall/ society parking. The car is also a bag of creaks, groans and occasional chattering (since a part of my job involves NVH, this shoddy attitude towards it grinds my gears). It also looks weird from some angles. Especially the prolapsed looking spare wheel well which can be seen from behind due to the raised suspension.

'22 City CVT: Not much. If I have to pick, then the poor noise insulation and thin sheet metal which dings easily. Not a fan of the skinny wheels either.

'11 Fabia TDI: Not much. Since it is an old car (it has its fair share of niggles) all is forgiven. If I have to pick a flaw, it is the lack of spare parts in stock+crazy prices at the ASC. One has to pick and choose what to get done where.

Last edited by ashivas89 : 11th May 2024 at 17:50.
ashivas89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 18:02   #65
BHPian

Tata Storme VX 4x4 (2014):
There's only one thing which I wish Tata would provide, and that is a decent service centre experience. I hate having to deal with their crooks everytime I go to them for service.
SupMeteorStorme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 18:33   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskinash View Post
What? A 28-litre tank? I had no idea any car would come with such a small fuel capacity.
This got me curious and my quick search brought up Tata Nano of 2012 as the one with the smallest at 15L.
Talk about coincidence, but the Kwid was a replacement to our old 2012 Nano. On a good day, Nano would take 11-12 litres on a tankful and a bigger tank was a criteria for us as a must have in our new car and here I am. On paper, the Kwid has a 28 L tank, never has it ever taken more than 18L

Last edited by sachin_cs : 11th May 2024 at 18:34.
Old 11th May 2024, 18:51   #67
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Ecosport -
1. THICK A Pillars. Easily can miss small mopeds in that space.
2. Missing factory fitted arm rest plus centre storage. The folding handle is not that convenient.
3 Missing folding handle to hold above the driver side window. I attribute to pure cheapskating on the part of Ford.
4. Poor headlight throw. This being 2014 model the headlights are insufficient to say the least. I normally don’t drive in dark, but when I do I put the fog lamps to supplement.
5. Lethargic second gear ratio on the Diesel. It becomes necessary to slot in first gear for speed breakers.
6. Morning reflections of the dash board on the windshield. Very distracting sometimes.

Passat -
1. Super expensive spares, delays in getting them.
2. Engine light issue troubled me for most of my ownership.
3. Poor fuel economy. Can’t expect much from this long sedan.
RunGaDa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 18:55   #68

I own a WagonR 2021, Its primary annoyance is AC vents are not at the center, but on side of the center console.
Drivers left hand will get cold after few mins and rear passenger feel lack of air.

A rear AC vent was much needed for this car.
URWELCOME is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 19:36   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskinash View Post
What? A 28-litre tank? I had no idea any car would come with such a small fuel capacity.
This got me curious and my quick search brought up Tata Nano of 2012 as the one with the smallest at 15L.
The S-presso comes with a 27L tank! However due to its good mileage of 21-22 kmpl it gives me a range of 500+ kms with a full tank.
Old 11th May 2024, 19:49   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunGaDa View Post
Ecosport -
1. THICK A Pillars. Easily can miss small mopeds in that space.
2. Missing factory fitted arm rest plus centre storage. The folding handle is not that convenient.
3 Missing folding handle to hold above the driver side window. I attribute to pure cheapskating on the part of Ford.
4. Poor headlight throw. This being 2014 model the headlights are insufficient to say the least. I normally don’t drive in dark, but when I do I put the fog lamps to supplement.
5. Lethargic second gear ratio on the Diesel. It becomes necessary to slot in first gear for speed breakers.
6. Morning reflections of the dash board on the windshield. Very distracting sometimes
7. Funky action of clutch engagement from standstill because of the anti stall feature which raises the RPMs
8. Tough built car with minor rattles, new ones appear after fixing the current ones.
9. Doors can open from inside at any time, unsafe for kids.
10. Failing door locks, which won't allow the door to close. I carry a rope with me to attach the door handle to headrest in case the lock breaks.
11. Real fussy with where she gets her diesel from, IOC COCO has been the most reliable so far, along with additives now and then.
Taha Mir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 20:29   #71
BHPian

Smash thread! Dang I have a note written in my phone about the stuff I hate or find annoying in my 2014 Toyota Etios Liva Diesel.

1: The Centre console. God knows what the boffins at Toyota were thinking about this one. Terrible ergonomics. I bet they would have sold more, probably even considered a second gen had they not given this hideous design element. I have now become accustomed to drive without a driver centric console & even guess speeds without looking at the dash!

2: Missing door rubber strips: Cost cutting measures which ensure every time the washer you or you wash the car, you find water droplet marks everywhere along the door lining. Hideous!!!

3: Speakers & Music system!!! Or the lack of it. A paltry 2 door speakers(even in top variant!) have ensured I need to rely on my co-pilots to keep me entertained while driving. 2 speakers bhi kyung die Toyota? Might have skipped this as well.

4: NVH Levels: You hear everything while driving. Inside and out! Upgrading to good rubber & using a great quality engine oil made things marginally better.

5: No auto up down windows/no backlit buttons & no auto folding RVMs. Again adding to the ergonomic miseries.

6: I have never gotten 20kpl + mileage in Bombay, which fellow Liva users claim! And yes the engine IS notorious for sipping engine oil as well.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th May 2024 at 04:28. Reason: Extra smileys deleted
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 20:30   #72
BHPian

Maruti A- Star The ticking time bomb effect. Its 10 years old. Granted. But everytime something goes even slightly wrong, it puts me off, annoys me to my wits end. Since it is used almost daily, the ticking time bomb effect is much more prominent

For example, a small click, or a sudden lack of power etc.,

Nissan Kicks The lack of real connection between the wheels, the road and the steering wheel. It ticks me off everytime. I learnt driving in a bare bones vehicle and i am still learning. So having to drive a bigger, newer car especially with the lack of real feel is an ick for me. Also, the android auto doesnt work with my phone ALONE, adding to my anger

Side note,

Seems like both the annoyance inducing factors are because of me and not caused by the car(s) itself
Old 11th May 2024, 20:57   #73
BHPian

2016 Grand i10. The major cons of this vehicle in stock form are:
1. Lifeless steering
2. Skinny 165 section tyres
3. Low ground clearance

These issues have been somewhat resolved by upgrading to a set of sparingly used Goodyear Assurance Triple max 2s from a month old Honda Amaze.
Old 11th May 2024, 21:09   #74
BANNED

Honda City gen5 MY2021
1. Poor insulation, engine sound is sporty and adds to the aural experience but road noise creeps in more than what the segment suggests.
2. Pathetic ICE, the display resolution is poor, for rear view camera pathetic is an understatement, there is no proper EQ in the music system because of which I had to root my mobile phone to add a high profile audio EQ when connected via Bluetooth.
3. The fitment of the ICE is such that adding auxiliary speaker is a nightmare.
4. Though the rear headset is of decent size but adding adjustability would do wonder.
5. Front armrest is unusable.
6. Thin sheet quality, feels like a serious cost cutting has been done here.
7. Suspension needs to be a little firm for the highway runs, feels to wobbly for my liking.
8. The 6th gear needs to be slightly taller, 100kmph @2500rpm seems a bit on the higher side. It can easily do that in 2100-2200rpm.
IC_Morningstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 21:51   #75
BHPian

Jimny

1. No lock/unlock button. Every time I want to let a passenger out, I need to open the driver's side door lock . The workaround is to program the car to unlock every time you put it in park but not a fan of doors being unlocked when putting it in P during a red light.

2. Small 40L fuel tank. For an outdoorsy vehicle, this is a big problem. Need to carry jerry cans for peace of mind.

3. The auto start-stop system that resets when you start the car. I lose it when it shuts off the car when shifting from D to R by pressing the brake pedal a bit hard. Have to make sure you are pressing the brake lightly when doing so to prevent this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks