Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2024, 14:22   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross GX (O) Petrol variant launched at Rs 21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Toyota should offer the Hycross in a diesel avatar, afterall diesel as a fuel is here to stay.
Diesel is all but dead for monocoque Toyotas. Only hybrid. It is only for the BoF models that Toyota is still offering diesels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Let the Hycross come in the petrol guise. Toyota must reintroduce the AT in the Crysta. Let the customer choose what he/she needs.
True. This is forcing people who want automatic to go to the Hycross.
Old 7th May 2024, 05:28   #47

Has anyone taken delivery of the Hycross GX(O) ? I have made 2 bookings one in Haryana and another Himachal , but no updates on delivery or delivery time one either , and now the Toyota website shows 6 months delivery time (previously it was 3-4months)
https://www.toyotabharat.com/toyota-...ime/index.html
outlandish77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 17:31   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandish77 View Post
Has anyone taken delivery of the Hycross GX(O) ? I have made 2 bookings one in Haryana and another Himachal , but no updates on delivery or delivery time one either , and now the Toyota website shows 6 months delivery time (previously it was 3-4months)
https://www.toyotabharat.com/toyota-...ime/index.html
It is the same status here in Bangalore also, the reason SA giving is they are waiting for a code from Toyota for company lease cars, they were expecting the code last weekend, but no further updates.

SA told they delivered GX(O) 8 seater to a private buyer (i.e. not thru lease), not sure if it is true.

6 months wait for GX(O) may be marketing strategy, this came immediately after Mahindra launched XUV7OO 7-seater MX base variant at Rs. 15 lakh, hope Toyota doesn't get greedy and increase the GX(O) price in 6 months (Dasara/Diwali).

Last edited by hummer : 7th May 2024 at 17:36. Reason: Added XUV7OO info
Old 14th May 2024, 03:32   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
It is the same status here in Bangalore also, the reason SA giving is they are waiting for a code from Toyota for company lease cars, they were expecting the code last weekend, but no further updates.

SA told they delivered GX(O) 8 seater to a private buyer (i.e. not thru lease), not sure if it is true.

6 months wait for GX(O) may be marketing strategy, this came immediately after Mahindra launched XUV7OO 7-seater MX base variant at Rs. 15 lakh, hope Toyota doesn't get greedy and increase the GX(O) price in 6 months (Dasara/Diwali).
Did not get any response form Toyota regarding the booking , although when I called the SA he shared a screen shot citing the Delivery of my GX(O) booking is AUGUST 2025---
Old 19th May 2024, 13:34   #50

Quote:
Did not get any response form Toyota regarding the booking , although when I called the SA he shared a screen shot citing the Delivery of my GX(O) booking is AUGUST 2025---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobhitsaxena View Post
Toyota is working solely for the dealers in India (unfortunately). They will just do more black marketing and give deliveries to customer who have "extra cash" or appetite for unnecessary accessories. A great vehicle not getting it's due in the market.
Black marketing is true , I got a random call yesterday from a car loan company ,he knew that I booked a GX(O) ,he said if my loan gets approved car can be delivered in 1 week , with a premium. I am Really Disappointed !!
Old 19th May 2024, 15:03   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
So anyway I think it's a matter of time these and more will be available in Indian accessories shops as well. Fingers crossed

After market Cruise Control for Hycross GX now in India ...

Last edited by bblost : 19th May 2024 at 15:38. Reason: reduced size of quoted post.
Old 1st July 2024, 10:09   #52

Anybody took delivery of a GX(O)?
Old 8th July 2024, 10:13   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by navjon View Post
Anybody took delivery of a GX(O)?
Yes, I took delivery 25th June, Super White GX(O)

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th July 2024 at 10:36.
outlandish77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 11:17   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I took delivery 25th June, Super White GX(O)
Congratulations, can you please do a review of it in team bhp? Specifically, driving under full load, with AC and in hills. Not many reliable videos are there on this specific topic. Thank you.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 13:40   #55

Here you go,

Firstly please note I also have the Hyryder V Hybrid and I have driven the Mitsubishi Outlander CVT for over 5 yrs and 95000km. So you won’t find many negatives on the CVT as maybe because I have adapted to the CVT driving style from my days with Mitsubishi Outlander.

I have driven the Hycross GX(O), 7 seater, around 1615 km (all by myself), please find below my comments on the same -

Toyota Innova Hycross GX (O) Petrol variant launched at Rs 21 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240708-12.13.23-2.jpeg

Drive Experience -
Steering is Super light at standstill and low speeds. It weighs up nicely as the speed picks up.
The steering is significantly lighter as compared to my Hyryder V Hybrid. Taking U turns and parking maneuvers are very easy.

Engine is super quiet until you push the CVT to its limit. Only ECO and NORMAL modes are available . Normal mode is peppy (with 6 adults onboard ) and I did not find any lag as claimed by some (The pick up on the NORMAL mode is good as Toyota has added a take off gear in the CVT ( I read it somewhere).

Yes there is lag in the ECO mode but it’s saving fuel so no issues there.
Have driven it in the Manual mode but mostly (95%) of the time I keep it in ECO mode.

Car is stable as a rock at 120 kmph. Braking is crisp and reliable.

AC is super efficient and has a ECO mode which has been performing very well and never I have had the urge to use the AC on Normal mode.

I have no issues with the R16 tyres as the car is handling well on city roads, highways, potholed roads and wet roads.

Driving comfort, passengers Seating comfort (3rd included) and space is just too good.

I have just came back from a 605 Km trip with total 6 Adult passengers - minimum luggage (3 bags check in size ) round trip from Gurgaon-Jaipur-Gurgaon. 190 km on Delhi Mumbai Expressway and rest on state highway. AC was full time on 24 deg and outside temperature 33 degrees with very high humidity.
I have got TANK AVERAGE 16.9 kmpl (used AC at standstill at pitstop for around 30 min).

Toyota Innova Hycross GX (O) Petrol variant launched at Rs 21 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240708-12.13.23.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross GX (O) Petrol variant launched at Rs 21 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240708-12.13.23-1.jpeg

In City drive with peak traffic i am getting around 12-13 kmpl with AC always on.
The MID is quite accurate in the Tank Average Mode and I have compared all averages with the MID from tank full to tank full and have not found much difference.

Only thing is that you need to refuel after approx. 500-550 kms as fuel tank low alarm is at round 40-42 liters (I.e around 12 liters still in the tank)

Really missed the Cruise control on the Delhi-Mumbai expressway.

I am planning to take it on the hills soon, will be back with more details.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th July 2024 at 09:03. Reason: Post edited. Please PROOF READ before submitting. Do not use spaces before punctuation marks!
outlandish77 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 15:08   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week, I was provided a taxi through my office Corporate Taxi Service run by ORIX, since I had meetings through the day in multiple parts of the city. Lo and behold, the taxi that turned up to pick me from home turned out to be an Innova Hycross GX!

My observations after being driven around for a day in the car are below. I primarily occupied the rear left seat in the seven seater configuration.
  • Very comfortable rear seat, the GX does not have the battery bump under the front passenger seat, so it was even better than the Hybrid one I checked sometime ago as far as foot room is concerned.
  • The headroom, knee-room and elbow room are all excellent. The thigh support was satisfactory as well. The seat cushioning is not too hard, not too soft - Goldilocks!
  • The ride was supple and absorbent. The vehicle was new and the driver was slowing down to the slowest of crawls every time there was a pot hole or speed breaker, so I could not judge how the car would behave when going over them at speed, but at slow speeds it was very steady and I could hardly notice the road surface undulations.
  • The NVH levels are awesome, the engine is absolutely noiseless and external noise is also kept out very well.
  • The AC is quite powerful and chills the cabin quickly.
  • As it has become a norm in all three generations of Innovas, the rearmost AC vents meant for the third row are more powerful than the vents meant for the middle row. I had my seat pushed back all the way and reclined at a pretty steep angle at one point, as I wanted to catch a nap on a longer cross-city ride. This caused the cold air from the last row vent to hit my ear directly. Even after I closed that vent and kept the middle row vent fully open, the air continued to flow and hit my ear, as a design the vent (in all three generations of Innovas) is somewhat flimsy, and it doesn't quite close down the airflow, even when you close the vent fully. A fair amount of air continues to leak through at a considerable speed! This was somewhat irritating, as I had to then make my seat more erect, so as to escape the blast from the vent.
  • The armrests could have been wider, they were a tad narrow to comfortably rest one's arm.
  • The tray table in the middle could have been made of better plastics, as with the rest of the car, the plastic quality is very poor, especially given this is a GX.
  • The car seems to just creep forward imperceptibly, and provide zero sense of acceleration at any time. Even when my urge the driver to go a bit faster as I was getting late for a meeting, the car just simply would not give any impression that it is accelerating, even when the driver was supposedly trying to go faster. I was not driving, so it could be just that the driver was babying the gas pedal but it never felt like it was accelerating even a little bit. The pace brought back memories of being driven in my Uncle's ambassador as a kid in the late 80s - changes in speed happened at a snail's pace and one had to watch the speedometer intently to see if the car was going any faster.
  • The driver did confirm that the throttle response was very slow and flat on the HyCross GX as compared to the Crysta he used to drive before. Apparently the rental company also has some Hybrid VX HyCrosses and he said those did accelerate a lot better than the NA petrol GX when he got a chance to drive them. The driver was almost apologetic that he wasn't going faster, although I was asking him to!
  • If one wants to have a very smooth and a very slow city drive, and not splurge on the car, the GX variant seems to be the ideal fit. This car simply cannot be hustled and the passengers will never feel any jerky acceleration or even any acceleration.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 8th July 2024 at 15:14.
84.monsoon is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 20:57   #57
BHPian

Hi,

I will be taking delivery of GXO on 14th July. Planning to get PPF done from Detailing Street ( Delhi)- they have quoted 75K plus taxes trying to see if I can get better quotes. For accessories did you take anything from the showroom. I am contemplating going to Karol Bagh but a little confused. What would group members advise?

Many Thanks in Advance and Congrats on your Purchase. Your review also gives me a lot of peace

Quote:
Here you go,

Firstly please note I also have the Hyryder V Hybrid and I have driven the Mitsubishi Outlander CVT for over 5 yrs and 95000km. So you won’t find many negatives on the CVT as maybe because I have adapted to the CVT driving style from my days with Mitsubishi Outlander.

I have driven the Hycross GX(O), 7 seater, around 1615 km (all by myself), please find below my comments on the same -

Attachment 2625232

Drive Experience -
Steering is Super light at standstill and low speeds. It weighs up nicely as the speed picks up.
The steering is significantly lighter as compared to my Hyryder V Hybrid. Taking U turns and parking maneuvers are very easy.

Engine is super quiet until you push the CVT to its limit. Only ECO and NORMAL modes are available . Normal mode is peppy (with 6 adults onboard ) and I did not find any lag as claimed by some (The pick up on the NORMAL mode is good as Toyota has added a take off gear in the CVT ( I read it somewhere).

Yes there is lag in the ECO mode but it’s saving fuel so no issues there.
Have driven it in the Manual mode but mostly (95%) of the time I keep it in ECO mode.

Car is stable as a rock at 120 kmph. Braking is crisp and reliable.

AC is super efficient and has a ECO mode which has been performing very well and never I have had the urge to use the AC on Normal mode.

I have no issues with the R16 tyres as the car is handling well on city roads, highways, potholed roads and wet roads.

Driving comfort, passengers Seating comfort (3rd included) and space is just too good.

I have just came back from a 605 Km trip with total 6 Adult passengers - minimum luggage (3 bags check in size ) round trip from Gurgaon-Jaipur-Gurgaon. 190 km on Delhi Mumbai Expressway and rest on state highway. AC was full time on 24 deg and outside temperature 33 degrees with very high humidity.
I have got TANK AVERAGE 16.9 kmpl (used AC at standstill at pitstop for around 30 min).

Attachment 2625233

Attachment 2625231

In City drive with peak traffic i am getting around 12-13 kmpl with AC always on.
The MID is quite accurate in the Tank Average Mode and I have compared all averages with the MID from tank full to tank full and have not found much difference.

Only thing is that you need to refuel after approx. 500-550 kms as fuel tank low alarm is at round 40-42 liters (I.e around 12 liters still in the tank)

Really missed the Cruise control on the Delhi-Mumbai expressway.

I am planning to take it on the hills soon, will be back with more details.
Old 11th July 2024, 02:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
the GX does not have the battery bump under the front passenger seat, so it was even better than the Hybrid one I checked sometime ago as far as foot room is concerned.
The second row of the hybrid gives the same uncomfortable feeling as the second row of a Maruti Versa where you can't slide your feet under the front seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
....[*]The car seems to just creep forward imperceptibly, and provide zero sense of acceleration at any time.
.... even when the driver was supposedly trying to go faster. I was not driving, so it could be just that the driver was babying the gas pedal but it never felt like it was accelerating even a little bit. ...
[*]The driver did confirm that the throttle response was very slow and flat on the HyCross GX as compared to the Crysta he used to drive before. ..... The driver was almost apologetic that he wasn't going faster, although I was asking him to!
...[/list]
The petrol engine makes around 200Nm of torque at a high rpm is extremely low for such a large car like Hycross.

Driving an underpowered car is the most depressing feeling ever.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 11th July 2024 at 02:12.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 12:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalik30 View Post
Hi,

I will be taking delivery of GXO on 14th July. Planning to get PPF done from Detailing Street ( Delhi)- they have quoted 75K plus taxes trying to see if I can get better quotes. For accessories did you take anything from the showroom. I am contemplating going to Karol Bagh but a little confused. What would group members advise?

Many Thanks in Advance and Congrats on your Purchase. Your review also gives me a lot of peace
Full PPF for a large car like the hycross is going to cost upwards of 1L. I don't know what film they are using but is most likely some cheap rebranded film that is going to cause a lot of issues as times goes by. Take a look at the horror stories many bhpians have after going for cheap PPF.

I would say either do it properly or don't do it at all.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 19:18   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalik30 View Post
Hi,

PPF for Hycross will cost you >1.5lakhs for the right brand and right quality from a good professional. It is impossible to do is at 75K. As @Cresterk mentioned, either do it properly or don't do it at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks