Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2024, 09:07   #121
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai

Saw this yesterday near my place.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-pxl_20240727_082246850.jpg  

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-pxl_20240727_082338152.jpg  

r_devakumar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 11:15   #122
BHPian

Atleast two variants seem to be spotted till now.

Mid variant - LED headlamps with halogen fog lamps, whip-type Antenna, Steel wheels with covers, power folding mirrors, dark (?) interiors and 10.25-inch screen. will it come with climate control and auto-box?

Top variant - Climate control, automatic gearbox, Black roof, shark fin antenna, alloy wheels and light grey leatherette interiors (à la C3 aircross).

Seems like Citroen has finally decided to include bare minimums with its cars, which were missing especially in its C3 and eC3 hatchbacks. Hopefully the pricing reflects same or better value, that Indians seek, versus the competition, especially compared to say Curvv. The current eC3 pricing is no way digestable compared to Punch.ev, although eC3 maybe a bigger car than Punch.ev.
Old 29th July 2024, 12:15   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Saw this yesterday near my place.
This is great, but quite disappointed to see rear defogger / wiper missing!

Could you make out the dimensions?
Did you feel it was huge?
unni246 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 15:26   #124
BHPian

Surprisingly came across a fully undisguised Basalt near my place. The road presence was better than expected, pictures don't do justice to this car
Here are a few pictures

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-img20240727wa0026.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-img20240727wa0027.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-img20240727wa0029.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-img20240727wa0028.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-img20240727wa0025.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 31st July 2024 at 17:48. Reason: Watermarks added
Ayu8648 is offline   (69) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 16:22   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni246 View Post

Could you make out the dimensions?
Did you feel it was huge?
It doesn't look huge to me, but a clean and simple design. A small walkaround video of the same:
r_devakumar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 16:28   #126
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

The car doesn't look too bad, but one can make out its true looks only in real life, pictures may deceive you at times!
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 19:25   #127
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

This is the best pic i have seen of this car since the concept images. The shade of red is very good.

4-5 star safety rating is becoming industry standard now in ₹10 lakh+ cars. Even Hyundai has joined that bandwagon.

Unless you are suzuki, I find it hard to justify purchasing a ₹10 lakh+ with 1 star safety rating in this age. Tata and Mahindra have marketed hard to educate people on car safety ratings.

If Citroen just relies on lower pricing, than they are marketing their car as something that a relatively poor person would buy to look rich kinda vibe which is bad for brand image especially when their sales are already lowest in the country.

Last edited by ajmat : 31st July 2024 at 10:36.
EasyRider Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 22:07   #128
Senior - BHPian

Brief glimpse of the interiors here. Could see auto folding mirrors, proper floor mounted rear ac vents, different headrests on the rear bench and maybe a power window switch on the rear door.

Source:
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-screenshot_20240729220404.png  

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-screenshot_20240729220429.png  

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-screenshot_20240729221243.png  

Last edited by ashutoshb : 29th July 2024 at 22:14.
ashutoshb is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 22:33   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Brief glimpse of the interiors here. Could see auto folding mirrors, proper floor mounted rear ac vents, different headrests on the rear bench and maybe a power window switch on the rear door.
Also appears to have projector led headlight setup. From all the spy shots I have seen so far, only a reflector based halogen was seen.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 11:41   #130
Senior - BHPian

I prefer it over the curve. I am still for the classic designs in cars. I think mechanically and electronically this will be one solid car. Lack of diesel could be a disadvantage over Curvv
Palio_2005 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 12:19   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I prefer it over the curve. I am still for the classic designs in cars. I think mechanically and electronically this will be one solid car. Lack of diesel could be a disadvantage over Curvv
+1

I love this design and it's classic lines. It isn't too brash and edgy like Currv. But Currv will be loaded to gills and that's where the challenge lies. Citroen hasn't got their feature mix right ever in any of their earlier launches!
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 14:38   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni246 View Post
Was about to say the same. A lack of a defogger is truly criminal. I don't get why OEMs are stingy with this feature. And a rear wiper isn't a vanity, it's so useful but I can't remember the last time I saw a sedan with a raked rear windscreen and a rear wiper (it's one of my gripes about my own C-class).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu8648 View Post
Surprisingly came across a fully undisguised Basalt near my place. The road presence was better than expected, pictures don't do justice to this car
Here are a few pictures
That's a sumptuous red colourway, really taken by it. This appears to be the upper spec car. It's got an interesting stance, a fastback sedan on stilts a bit like the erstwhile Volvo S60 Cross Country looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
It doesn't look huge to me, but a clean and simple design. A small walkaround video of the same: https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=3iLR1D8qr3Y
Thanks for sharing this - this appears to be the other end of the spec scale. I do appreciate it's cleaner yet muscular bodywork. I still can't quite work out the scale other than it towering of the Esteem ahead of it (but I imagine most modern cars tower over it). In a sense I'm glad it isn't a gargantuan land yacht, not every car needs to have the road presence of a container ship. Question is though, that sentiment very much feels like rowing against the tide so just how many folks are out there willing to do the same?
ads11 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 18:25   #133
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
+1

I love this design and it's classic lines. It isn't too brash and edgy like Currv. But Currv will be loaded to gills and that's where the challenge lies. Citroen hasn't got their feature mix right ever in any of their earlier launches!
Safety too. Curvv will show off its 5 star rating while Citroen will keep mum on that

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th July 2024 at 19:29. Reason: Minor typo fix
EasyRider Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 11:18   #134
BHPian

While the Basalt may be less niggle prone compared to a Tata Currv, problem is it may be less safe and less loaded on features? Also, with Citroen's already thin network, it will really be a risk to consider either of the 2 offerings launching in this segment.
Old 31st July 2024, 11:49   #135
BHPian

If we check GNCAP full report, it is evident that Indian Citroen e-C3 fared badly because of lack of simple safety features & electronics like belt pretensioners, ESC, side airbags, ISOFIX etc while the car still had stable body. Citroen still has an easy chance with Basalt (and overall refresh of all C3 platform models) to fix this unnecessary cost cutting! I am hoping they will fix this, and get the cars retested to remove this stigma of unsafe cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks