Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2024, 13:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai

Looks good even in not so flashy colors, but puny exhaust spoils the rear look slightly.
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 22:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Citroen Basalt roams undisguised:
Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Looks good even in not so flashy colors, but puny exhaust spoils the rear look slightly.
Suddenly this looks plain and boring now, seems like Tata Currv’s bolder design language suits this body style better. Some observations:
  • Looks like a jacked up beefier Dzire in this shade.
  • In the 2nd picture alongside the older i20, it doesn’t look significantly better or bigger.
  • Puny exhaust, flap door handles are underwhelming.
Somehow reminded me of Walter White’s car in breaking bad. Only a shock price can save Citroen now.
sapien is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 19:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Citroen Basalt roams undisguised:
It looked gorgeous in the advertisement pictures. But not so much in this photos. Looks like present (2nd gen) Honda Amaze, except for the slightly taller bonnet. Hopefully it will be different in the flesh.

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-hondaamazefacelift.jpg

Last edited by NT_GT : 17th April 2024 at 19:12.
NT_GT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 19:08   #19
BHPian

This could be the new C4.

I enquired via a Citroen showroom here in Oz and they said will be launched soon probably by June.
Attached Images

LaRoca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 19:21   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Just one thing.

Pray it has a proper liftgate and not a tiny bootlid.
Old 17th April 2024, 22:16   #21
BHPian

it reminds me of a Pontiac aztek. The lifted back seems very similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-640px200205_pontiac_aztek.jpeg  

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-pontiacaztekrear1585319857.jpeg  

chiekennugget is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 12:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiekennugget View Post
it reminds me of a Pontiac aztek. The lifted back seems very similar.
Everything looks like a Pontiac Aztek nowadays : In fact, I think its part of the Design Checklist.

1. Droopy Split Front Headlamps with a Eyebrow DRL/Turn Indicator.
2. Horrible - Coupe-SUV shape
3. Square Wheel arches with undersized Tyres
4. Character Lines all across the vehicle that doesn't have any "Character".
5. Full Width Back plastic cladding/ Connected Tail Lamps between the main Tail Lamps
ZenMaster is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 01:55   #23
BHPian

Not as interesting as the pics on the citroen website anymore, but really looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh like NT_GT mentioned..

The design of the Tata Curvv is suddenly more appealing now a bit

Guess we will find out in June on whats there to offer on this
Old 20th April 2024, 07:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

Citroen C3 Aircross is actually good to drive may be Citroen can increase it's foot print all over India otherwise people will not buy it. In person I felt the interiors aren't half as bad as they are made out to be. I think in this feature laden car market: lack of features makes it a big 'con' coupled with lack of dealerships and service points. Basalt looks real good in the yellow colour.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 10:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Citroen Basalt testing in real world conditions.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-438094308_10159974549037727_512806279782486287_n.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 13:13   #26
BHPian

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6kvh...RlODBiNWFlZA==

From Motoroids Instagram - full external view, totally undisguised.

Side note to some folks: If you don't like the car, don't like the brand, don't like SUV coupes and hate everything about it, why are you here cribbing and complaining about it? Some of us are actually excited about this car.
HartBandit is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 18:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartBandit View Post
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6kvh...RlODBiNWFlZA==

From Motoroids Instagram - full external view, totally undisguised.

Side note to some folks: If you don't like the car, don't like the brand, don't like SUV coupes and hate everything about it, why are you here cribbing and complaining about it? Some of us are actually excited about this car.
While I agree there would b chime-trolls by the dozen who'll have no idea about individual taste and be respectful of it, could you also please agree that Citroen is trying to pull a fast one on all of us, potential customers and nay-sayers, by using cheap old and outdated designs and interior schemes?

I am not ever going to go near Citroen in the near future unless they give me a free car but there are folks like my brother who are attracted to it's ruggedness and simplicity that could stand the test of time. Like I said, to each their own. But if a company is coming in and trying to open up a segment, the least they can do is be thoughtful about the finer details.
Mad Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 12:52   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen Basalt mid variant coupe SUV spied.

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-citroenbasaltsuvmidvariantspied7.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-citroenbasaltsuvmidvariantspied2.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-citroenbasaltsuvmidvariantspied3.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-citroenbasaltsuvmidvariantspied1.jpg

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th May 2024 at 12:55.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 15:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
While I agree there would b chime-trolls by the dozen who'll have no idea about individual taste and be respectful of it, could you also please agree that Citroen is trying to pull a fast one on all of us, potential customers and nay-sayers, by using cheap old and outdated designs and interior schemes?

I am not ever going to go near Citroen in the near future unless they give me a free car but there are folks like my brother who are attracted to it's ruggedness and simplicity that could stand the test of time. Like I said, to each their own. But if a company is coming in and trying to open up a segment, the least they can do is be thoughtful about the finer details.
Since you have quoted me, I will reply directly to you.

I am not sure what you mean by Citroen is pulling a fast one (effectively cheating us?). Also, not sure what you mean by cheap old and outdated design. This car looks better than most of the plastic nonsense that Suzuki sells. As I said, if you don't like coupe-SUVs, I am not sure why you are in this thread.

Further, Citroen's strategy seems to have been giving cars with basic features, beautiful ride and handling, but piss poor safety at a lower price - if there are customers who like it (which does not seem to be the case so far), they will continue. The head of Citroen said, two days back, that they are going to focus further on India and make it their second biggest market after France. And they have heard people say that they want more features, so they are working on it.

Let them launch this car. This is just a random spec pre-release sample that we see here. Who knows what the top-spec will have? Who knows if they will have improved on safety? And on the topic of your brother (and more such folks), what is wrong with liking something simple? Why does every car have to be a screen-filled, tech-laden, gadget on wheels - more gadgets, more chances of things failing anyway.

So, I will come back to my original point - if you don't like it, you are free to ignore it. Coming here and complaining is not going to make Citroen take notice. All it does is irk people who are interested in the car.
HartBandit is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 12:45   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen Basalt spied again undisguised.

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-20240508_124406.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-20240508_124408.jpg

Source : Rushlane
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks