Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2024, 14:43   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Citroen Basalt price reveal to happen later in the day!
Citroen has been in the Indian market for over three years now and it's time for them to stop testing the waters and instead make a BOLD move!

The Basalt presents a fantastic opportunity, and an aggressive introductory price is crucial for its launch. Setting the base variant at 7.5 lakhs could propel the Basalt into the spotlight, generating buzz and increasing visibility on the roads. Max 7.9 lacs, and in 4 months time as 2025 model year rolls in, they can correct the prices, especially if the Basalt has a good start in the market.

As sales grow and Citroen expands its dealership network, Indian consumers will begin to perceive the brand as a serious contender in the mainstream market. An attractive pricing strategy will signal their commitment to the market and readiness to compete head-on.

'Allez Citroën!'
shortbread is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 15:58   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen Basalt price announcement on 9th Aug.

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-smartselect_20240807155751_x.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-smartselect_20240807155925_x.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-smartselect_20240807155935_x.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-smartselect_20240807155945_x.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-smartselect_20240807155956_x.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 7th August 2024 at 16:26.
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 17:07   #273
BHPian

Basalt is definitely a very interesting car. However, I highly doubt that Citroen will price it anything below 9.99 Lakhs for the base variant. Even though not essential, Auto dimming IRVM, Push Button Stop/Start, and Cruise Control wouldn't have pushed the prices too much. Not that all variants should get these features, but the top-spec variant customers can be given an option to get these features. Citroen's product planning, designing and marketing teams seem to occupy different floors in the office building.

Although we generally should compare apples to apples, even top variant of Renault Kiger at 10.99 Lakhs (ex-showroom) provides all these features. Basalt's top variant is definitely going to cost more than 16 Lakhs ex-showroom. Adding these features for an OEM wouldn't cost more than Rs 50,000. Anyone buying the top-spec version wouldn't mind spending this amount to get these features.

The omissions of such features is not justified.
Gamemaztr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 17:23   #274
BHPian

What's with these companies who cannot get the price right and have to depend on competition for benchmark. The bean counters might be working overtime for next two days seeing other's price today.

Lack of cruise control is a glaring omission.
bullitt1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 20:37   #275
BHPian

The 3-star Kia Carens has an unstable body shell, while the 0-star Citroen C3 has a stable body shell, although both have unstable footwells. The Citroen C3 received a zero-star rating primarily due to other safety features, which Citroen seems to be working on improving with the Basalt.

In terms of suspension and driving dynamics, the Citroen C3 is already a significantly better car.

However, to overcome its cheap car image, the Citroen C3 could have at least removed the "SIM card holder" front grill and opted for the latest 2024 Euro model design which looks plush.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-citroen-compare.png  

BSASLR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 23:31   #276
BHPian

Cruise control is a big miss.
They should consider providing it in mid-variants atleast.
Overall, a promising car. Expecting the price to start at 9.49 lakhs.
Old 8th August 2024, 10:30   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen Basalt- The Coupe SUV:

volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 13:18   #278
BHPian

If Citroen announces at least 4 Star BNCAP rating, they have a potential customer in me.

I was disappointed with the interior looks of the Curvv. It looks so cramped compared to Basalt, notwithstanding that I can ignore the Curvv's ugly raised posterior. Yes, it seems to have better material on seats, more tech, more features, but I like the design language of Citroen, and that Chunky steering.

All I need in my daily usage is a good ride, decent handling, space, and power. The infotainment, power windows and powered ORVMs are all the features I use on a daily basis, with wipers added in the rainy season. To that philosophy, the Citroen almost has it.
theabstractmind is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 21:03   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Unofficial bookings are on at select dealers at a token of Rs 25000 while bookings to officially start tomorrow.

- To be offered in three variants across two engine options

- Three Variants are - You, Plus and Max

- Will get on an aggressive pricing taking on sub 4m SUV's and compact sedans.

- Basalt's strategy could be two-fold, one banking on the uniqueness of the body style and big car for smaller car money

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 08:40   #280
Senior - BHPian

I find the Basalt a very mature European design. Unfortunately in India bling sells and this is what will make the Curvv sell.

The Basalt seems to be a no nonsense, solid car which will last for ages.

Tata's seem to have packed a lot of tech and I hope that there has been extensive testing done. With Tata you would either have a seamless experience or an hair raising one. Be prepared to spend some time in the service stations. I being an owner of 2 cars from Tata stable have had a fair share of this, so am speaking from experience.
Old 9th August 2024, 10:43   #281
Senior - BHPian

Rather than a 'shock' pricing, I expect feature-laden variants that are value for money. A 'shock' entry price for a base variant, which has nothing, is useless to prospective customers. It's only good for headlines.
ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 10:46   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen is clearly eyeing VFM tag: the Basalt will offer mid-size space and street cred at the price of a sub 4m SUV.

Basalt Vs Seltos

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-gug7pheacaas5bi.jpg

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-gug7pfia8aqe5vn.jpg

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 11:02   #283
BHPian

Is pricing revealed? --> Source

Edit: Citroen website is glitching out but AT Turbo is priced starting at 13.57L. Confusing wording.

6 variants in total:

You —> 7.99
Plus
Plus Turbo
Max Turbo
Plus Turbo AT —> 13.57 (?)
Max Turbo AT

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-guhcoy2a8ae1n_d.jpeg

Last edited by Comrade : 9th August 2024 at 11:24.
Comrade is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 11:05   #284
Senior - BHPian

What! 7.99 lakhs!! Now waiting for the variants list.

Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-screenshot_20240809110751.png  

Last edited by ashutoshb : 9th August 2024 at 11:08.
ashutoshb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 11:12   #285
BHPian

7.99 is looking like great pricing IMO. I wish Citroen the best and hope this goes on and become a success for them. More competition would be good for the market.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed