Goa is beautiful in monsoon. Shot these yesterday :-D
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-img_2567.jpg  

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-img_2563.heic.jpeg  

BunnyPunia is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 17:30   #258
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai

The car looks really good in the walkaround videos posted today. I am glad that Citroen is taking some customer feedback, if not all, and upgrading their cars accordingly.

I hope that Citroen is going to keep the price competitive and for me personally, there is only one major deal breaker - not having cruise control. Rest everything looks good - at least from the basics point of view. Great engine and gearbox, 6 airbags, wireless android auto, wireless charging, can assume it will have great ride quality as well looking at their track record.

Everything depends on the pricing now. If they become ambitious with their pricing, I don't think it will have a chance against the more feature packed rivals and their dismal Indian sales saga is going to continue.
klgiridhar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 18:18   #259

Is this a placeholder amount or did autocar India just leak the pricing of the basalt !
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-screenshot_20240806_181603_youtube.jpg  

torqueiscr4zy8 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 19:32   #260
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Adjustable thigh support on rear seat is definitely first in class and if this feature works flawlessly then this feature can make its way into mainstream car feature list.
I hope Citroen provides adjustable thigh support for front seats also. I faintly remember the electronic seats on Creta/Seltos have thigh support adjustment also which is not present in any other cars.
kgt.v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 19:48   #261
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueiscr4zy8 View Post
Is this a placeholder amount or did autocar India just leak the pricing of the basalt !
8.5 lacs!! That current placeholder feels off, I don't think it's accurate.

With the C3 starting at 6 lac'ish, and considering the Basalt's three-box design coupled with added features, I anticipate Citroen will aim to hit it out of the park with an introductory base price of around 7.5 lakh— or max under the 7.99 lakh threshold.

However, a 2.5 lakh premium for the base NA Basalt over the base C3 seems very excessive in my opinion. I believe pricing it at 7.5 lakh could significantly enhance Citroen India's sales and help them exceed 1,000 units per month.

Last edited by shortbread : 6th August 2024 at 19:50.
shortbread is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 19:54   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Goa is beautiful in monsoon. Shot these yesterday :-D
That coupe design looks truncated at the back. The squared wheel arches, short overhang. Somehow not liking the car from the side. Purely going by looks here.
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 21:18   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I anticipate Citroen will aim to hit it out of the park with an introductory base price of around 7.5 lakh— or max under the 7.99 lakh threshold.

However, a 2.5 lakh premium for the base NA Basalt over the base C3 seems very excessive in my opinion.
Since, Basalt is 4+m it will attract 16% higher tax compared to C3 and they will update the C3 soon with 6 airbags and other safety features as standard, like the Basalt. So, the delta between the two will be smaller. For reference, C3 Aircross starts at 9.99 lakhs now with the Turbo engine (2 airbags).

So since the Basalt will be marketed below the C3 Aircross, a sub 10 lakhs price for the turbo would be still great value with all the increased passive safety features as standard.

Having said all this, the updated C3 is more appealing given the price delta. Hope they give it automatics for both engines for the C3 or Citroen thinks it will cannibalize the Basalt .
Ptr11s is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 10:21   #264

Here is another video from Vikas of ICN Studio where he talks about many additions but likewise many missing features as well.

Noticeable to me are no 360 degree camera, only 2 rear parking sensors, no sunroof, no engine start-stop button, old flap type door handles and no cruise control.

Looks like Citroen is trying to undercut many cars by omitting the features to keep the cost low. Not sure whether it will be hit or a miss considering who their target customer is.

GauRanVid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 10:44   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
With the C3 starting at 6 lac'ish, and considering the Basalt's three-box design coupled with added features, I anticipate Citroen will aim to hit it out of the park with an introductory base price of around 7.5 lakh— or max under the 7.99 lakh threshold.
Remember that the Basalt is above four metres while the C3 is just under. Also, the C3 will also likely get a price hike today.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 10:45   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauRanVid View Post
Here is another video from Vikas of ICN Studio where he talks about many additions but likewise many missing features as well.

Noticeable to me are no 360 degree camera, only 2 rear parking sensors, no sunroof, no engine start-stop button, old flap type door handles and no cruise control.

Looks like Citroen is trying to undercut many cars by omitting the features to keep the cost low. Not sure whether it will be hit or a miss considering who their target customer is.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=nrbJC-blRg4
Let me try and answer this point by point:

1. 360 Camera - Should have been given, may be will trickle down as a MY25 update.
2. Two (02) parking sensors - if they are efficient enough, should work absolutely fine. XUV700 has 2 rear parking sensors and they work flawlessly.
3. Flat type handles - I really don't see any issue with this. May be old school, but if it works, why re-invent the wheel, ain't it?
4. Sunroof - Yes, I feel they should have given this. Atleast in the top end variants.
5. Push Start/No CC - Not a deal breaker for many, I see. This will help them undercut the car by a few lakhs (I hope so).
amtak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 10:51   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Let me try and answer this point by point:

1. 360 Camera - Should have been given, may be will trickle down as a MY25 update.
2. Two (02) parking sensors - if they are efficient enough, should work absolutely fine. XUV700 has 2 rear parking sensors and they work flawlessly.
3. Flat type handles - I really don't see any issue with this. May be old school, but if it works, why re-invent the wheel, ain't it?
4. Sunroof - Yes, I feel they should have given this. Atleast in the top end variants.
5. Push Start/No CC - Not a deal breaker for many, I see. This will help them undercut the car by a few lakhs (I hope so).
All your points are valid as a Bhpian, but if it were a Citroen employee explaining this to me, I would be facepalming through this entire conversation - the world has moved on and the Koreans are setting the standards and expectations for the automotive industry!

The car is beautiful, and the missing features will be sorely missed.
reppy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 12:02   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
All your points are valid as a Bhpian, but if it were a Citroen employee explaining this to me, I would be facepalming through this entire conversation - the world has moved on and the Koreans are setting the standards and expectations for the automotive industry!

The car is beautiful, and the missing features will be sorely missed.
Can you please elaborate? I completely agree with the poster.

Features come at cost and Indians generally are value for money conscious. Many people do not like the sunroof and many people do, probably this car is just to cater to this small segment of customers who do not need it. Citroen has learned its lesson from the C5 aircross.

Addition of sunroof and 360 can setup will push the cost up the cost of the top model into the next segment where it might become uncompetitive.

The Koreans can get away with this big band pricing, but with the limited variants and engine options, Citroen cannot afford this. The engineer would have been asked to keep the cost extremely low as price will be the trump card of this car.

Many people do not consider this brand because of the dealer / service network.

Regarding the flap handles if it works great I’m completely OK with it. I would rather prefer the flap handles to body flush handles that do not work well also considering that it's cheaper. I guess most other features can always be added as accessories.

I remember watching a video where a car slowly rolls away, and the guy quickly jumps in and pulls the handbrake just preventing the car falling off the cliff. Now tell me which one you prefer in this case, flat handles or flush body handles.

Last edited by pandabear : 7th August 2024 at 12:04.
pandabear is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 12:18   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen Basalt price reveal to happen later in the day!

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-screenshot-20240807-121647.png

Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai-screenshot-20240807-121623.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th August 2024 at 12:24.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 14:22   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Hope this Citroen is launched with 6 airbags and a Tachometer.
6 Airbags, Yes.
Automatic Climate control. Yes.
Tachometer. Not sure (please someone confirm) ?

But !

- No cruise control, not even in the AT
- No Push button start/stop
- Flap type door handles

I don't care about sunroof, but in this day and age, Cruise control is a must. So is push button start/stop.

Please, who is the design/architectural design team of Citroen ? I would like to meet them and discuss their reasoning and mindset for omitting so many important features in their India specific cars.

Having said that, I really hope this car scores upwards of 3 stars at least on GNCAP/BNCAP, as a saving grace, with the claimed reinforced structure.

Last edited by DCEite : 7th August 2024 at 14:25.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks